002

「 WE WERE ENEMIES 」
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 2

 

DAY 8

 

BRIANNE

 

Suzy and I have been enrolled in the same college last week. It's no surprise, since we both chose it and got selected.

The first 5 days of school, I stayed in a hotel nearby.

The next 2 days, we stayed in a motel. A different motel from each other though, because mine only had 1 last vacant room.

Today is the 8th day, and I checked my phone to see that I have 10 missed calls from her.

I call back, "Did something happen?"

"Oh my gosh!!" she squeal in excitement, "I found an available apartment for rent!"

I was initially lying on my couch while munching on my apple chips.

Now I'm standing.

"What?! Are you serious? That's great news!" I'm getting all excited right now, because Suzy and I will be living together. We will not only be best friends, but roommates.

Roommates...I like the idea of that.

"That's not the best part yet," she continued, "We can move in today!!"

Today??? aka FINALLY??

I had enough of hotels and motels to be very honest. I want to have my own apartment, decorated the way I like, and furniture...

This sounds like the best thing already.

I'm in a frenzy. Should I pack my luggage now? Or go for furniture shopping? OR see the apartment first before I get too excited?

"Is the apartment nice?" I asked and Suzy laughs from the other side of the line.

"You will love it," she assured.

 

An hour ago, I was on the phone with Suzy.

Now, I'm in a cab, waiting for the driver to bring me to my new home.

The cabby sees me grinning and he asked what I'm happy about.

I tell him that I found an apartment to live in with my friend.

He says that's exciting and asked me if he's invited for the house-warming party.

I laughed and say he's on the list already.

 

It's crazy but the journey took less than 10 minutes?? Maybe I could have just walked from my motel to my new apartment but then again, I'm not sure where to walk so it's fine.

We arrived and I thanked the cabby and asked for his number. He's a really friendly guy, and I'd call him if I need a taxi, which will be pretty soon since I'm still so foreign to my new place.

The flat looks amazing already. I can see a park, a convenience store and a cafe nearby. If I'm not wrong, there's a supermart within walking distance from the flat.

I lug my luggage to the elevator. I watched the elevator go from the 20th storey to the ground level. It opens and a lady walks out. I hold the up button and drag my luggage in, pressing the button for floor 18. I would be pressing that button for the next 4 years.

The elevator doors were about to close when it suddenly opened again. I was busy looking at the floor buttons to notice who walked in when...

"You again?!"

I turned and I'm horrified.

"What?!" I shout, "I should be asking you that!"

I hurriedly press the open button but too late, the elevator is going up already.

My legs p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter