003

「 WE WERE ENEMIES 」
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

CHAPTER 3

 

DAY 9

 

BRIANNE

 

I haven't left our house since I first stepped in yesterday.

I'm so unlucky that I'm positive that the moment I leave house, I will run into him again.

I know I'll obviously run into him sooner or later, considering that he is living just beside me.

 

I spent the entire night pouring my heart out to Suzy.

I told her how that hot guy she saw was the bastard I kept complaining about.

She couldn't believe at first, saying that he has the 'gentleman vibe'.

I say more like he has a 'ty attitude.'

I told her how devastated I am and how my mood plunged like the stock market.

I insist that I want to leave, but Suzy wants to stay. So I'm forced to stay as well.

 

She say my life is like a soap opera.

I say my life is becoming a tragic melodrama.

"Wow...you two are really fated together." She ended off.

I almost kicked her off the bed.

 

MINGYU

 

I just got up from the floor and I'm tired already as usual. My new apartment has no furniture and I don't feel like getting any. I might need a bed though. My back hurts.

My stomach rumbles. I check the my phone. It's almost 11 in the morning.

I walk to my kitchen. There's a stove, a fridge and the sink. But that's that. No pots, no utensils.

I stare at my grocery bag filled with cup noodles. It's a pity I can't eat any of them.

I phone IKEA right away, "Can I get a pot, chopsticks and the cheapest single bed frame with mattress and cover delivered to my house?"

The phone call lasted about 10 minutes and they are able to deliver the items at 6 in the evening. That means I have to settle lunch and dinner outside. That's a hassle.

I take my key and wallet and leaves the house.

 

There's a convenience store near the lobby and I guess I'll be settling my meals there.

I was about to get those ready-to-eat microwave food when I remembered that they have hot water here for cup noodles.

Perfect, I thought, I can bring my noodles down and use their hot water.

But when I push the knob of the hot water dispenser, nothing comes out.

I sigh heavily and pick up any of the microwave food. It's doesn't matter what I pick anyway. It all taste the same.

 

Once I've paid and the food is cooked for 30 seconds in the microwave, I sit on those high chairs and put my food on the long table. I sit at the very end. The table is leaned against the glass window, so I'm looking at people walking pass while I eat. It's annoying. People are annoying.

I finished my food in 15 minutes. I leave the remainders on the table. It's not my job to throw it away anyway.

The cashier sees the trash I left and shot me a look.

I glare back at him.

I forgot that I'll be eating my dinner here as well and I would see this cashier again. But who cares? I have pretty much offended half of the population of people on earth.

I walk back to the lobby. I need to go back to my apartment and use my laptop to find a job. I'm unemployed again. If I find a job this time round, it would be my 28th job...or is it 27th? How ridiculous.

I'm waiting for the lift. It comes down from the 15th floor and it opens with nobody inside.

I step in.

I press floor 18.

The door starts to close.

A lady rushes towards the lift.

She's signaling me to open the door for her.

I see her.

I press the close button.

 

BRIANNE

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter