PROLOGUE

「 WE WERE ENEMIES 」
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Prologue

DAY 6

BRIANNE

 

I stepped into the queue, standing behind a lady with long beautiful curls. Her hair falls to her waist, which might seem too long on others but surprisingly they looked amazing on her. She might have just got it done yesterday; they were tangle-free.

I placed my shopping basket on the floor in front of me as I looked into my sling bag, sliding my hand into the inner left pocket of it to reach for my wallet. When I look up, the lady was no longer ahead of me but it was a guy with baggy pants. I thought my eyes were messing with me until I tilt my head and realized that the lady was now in front of that guy.

So this guy with pants that look like my grandpa's just effectively cut my queue. His sneaky way of doing so proves that it is not his first time.

"Hey, excuse me, I think you just cut my queue." I try to make it sound nice and polite because that's what you do before you start accusing. He might not have seen me in the queue OR he might just feel remorseful and go to the end of the queue. Easy peasy lemon squeezy.

But no, NO.

He turned around slightly and gave me a look as though I'm talking in alien language and I'm being completely ridiculous.

He raised his brow at me,"No. I was here all the long," He said, as though it is true and I'm just accusing.

WHAT? My face turn to a complete disgust.

Not only is he impatient since he is jumping into queues, he is also a terrible liar.

How can someone have so many bad traits???

"Okay," I breathed, trying to reason with a calm composure, "That lady," I point, "was initially in front of me. But when I look down to reach for my wallet and look back up, it's now YOU who is in front. Are you telling me that I have hallucinations, or I have bad eyesight or I'm simply in denial??"

If he thinks that he can trick me and make me confused, he's so wrong. Not only do I have good memory, I'm pretty observant as well.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter