NINE

There's a Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

NINE

“Eunji this is so perfect, as expected from you Jung!” Naeun said as she saw the runway stage blueprint Eunji created. It made her smile.

“I had it on your own liking then put a bit of my touch in it, the team assigned to it is starting to gather materials for both the practice stage and the actual runway.” Eunji replied with a grin. She’s too busy these past few days that she can almost forget that she’s actually involve in a media play… not. It’s been 3 days since she last saw Suho and Sehun texted her saying that he’s doing well now and she didn’t want to really dwell on it. She’s too busy with work now that it has eaten up most of her time. The vodquilla event of Elvis is happening in three days and she’s confident enough that it’ll be a success.

Right now, she’s busy with Naeun’s sports line showcase as her best friend hired her to be her event organizer.

“Eunji your phone is been ringing, you left it inside the office.” One of Naeun’s staff said as she handed her the phone. Eunji said her thank you as she checked on the caller and eyes widen upon seeing it.

“Hello?”

“Eunji.”

“Hi.” Eunji suddenly feel awkward as she didn’t know how to talk to him now.

“Are you available by 6pm tonight?” Suho asked which made her brows to crease. She’s done by 3pm and it’s 2:40 right now.

“Yes, why?”

“My mom wants to meet you tonight.” And Eunji suddenly hope she didn’t say yes.

“I… augh…”

“Don’t think of any reasons to back off, you said yes, meet me at house of KxE by 5:30, I’ll see you, bye!” and Eunji wasn’t able to give her response.

“aaaaugh!!!” she gripped her phone. It was good that Naeun was holding the blueprint of the stage.

“What’s going on?” Naeun worriedly asked.

“I’m meeting his mom tonight,at KxE.” Eunji replied which made Naeun’s eyes widen.

“Oh goodluck.” Naeun muttered which made Eunji’s brow raise. She knows the girl had met madam Jun Mi though.

“Is she that terror?”

“Augh… I don’t know how to word it… she’s… respectable. She’s like your mom but on a harder way, I mean she demands respect in whatever she do, her aura is like that. You can’t even dare to look into or eyes… well that happened to me.” Naeun explained with a sigh. She met her during a designer’s guild where Jun Mi came to be a speaker in front of the carefully chosen 30 designers where Naeun was one of them. She asked them to talk and such and Naeun can clearly remember how she stammered and almost lost it in front of her, she’s Kim Jun Mi after all.

“Kill me instead.”

-

Eunji got out of her car as she fixed the tuck of her polo. She decided to go simple wearing a mint green oversized polo-tucked, black skinny and pumps as she left her hair in a messy bun. She had 30 minutes spare time when she arrived in her unit so she had a time to change before coming over. She doesn’t really have any idea with what are they up to so she just hope there’s nothing too formal that’s going to happen or else she’s off.

“Eunji!” she saw Krystal waiting for her from the entrance. She immediately came and hugged her.

“Am I going to be roasted?” she immediately asked which made the other Jung laugh.

“Of course not, what makes you think of that? Let’s go inside.” Krystal replied as she held her hand and pulled her inside. Eunji’s been in house of KxE opening so she’s quite familiar to the place… unless they did some renovation and such.

As she looks around, everything shouts KxE, the sophistication, class and glamour can visibly be seen in every edge of the room.

“We’re meeting on the second floor.” Krystal continued to talk as she just nod.

When they arrived at the second floor, she saw a rectangular table in the center some folders on top.

“What are really doing?”

“Meeting.”

“For?”

“Wait, I’m gonna call Lay and Kyungsoo.” Krystal then left her to go to the telecom and dialed.

Eunji continued to look around, this place seemed to be where they usually held meetings but it’s not an official ‘meeting’ room with the absence of boards and such.

Moments later her attention was caught by two people entering. Eunji knows them of course, it was Lay ang Kyungsoo.

“Hi Eunji, nice meeting you again.”

“Hi.” Eunji can simply reply as she’s feeling uneasy with the fact that she has no idea of what is going on.

“Suho hyung called, he’ll be here in 15 minutes, he got caught up with a meeting.” Kyungsoo said which just made Eunji nod.

“Should we proceed to the table and let’s talk about what’s off to happen before auntie arrives?” Lay offered which made Eunji nod again.

As they settled on the table, Kyungsoo was about to open the folder when sound of heels can obviously be heard and it was obvious that it came from a woman.

“Oh my God.” Eunji can hear Krystal whisper as she saw eye Lay and Kyungsoo.

“Auntie.” Kyungsoo was the first to recover as the woman was revealed to be Jun Mi.

“Hi auntie.” Lay greeted as well.

“Good evening ma’am.” Krystal and Eunji bowed.

“Hi.” That alone sent shivers on Eunji’s spine.

“Let’s have a seat shall well?” Jun Mi said as she sat first before gesturing the others to take their seat.

“Where’s Suho?” she directed her attention to the boys.

“He’s on his way, he was caught on a meeting.” Lay replied.

“I heard he rescheduled couple of meetings these past weeks, do you know why?” Jun Mi asked and worry is visible in her voice…. But Eunji’s still stiffened.

“Augh… he was a bit busy with some stuff and we haven’t really caught up these past days since Lay hyung and I have been busy for the shades and specs launching.” Kyungsoo gulped as soon as he finished his sentence. They agreed not to tell anyone about Suho’s episode the past week, especially to his mother since Jun Mi can sometimes either be overly concerned or she would not care at all.

“I see...” she just nod.

There was a deafening silence between them. Lay and Kyungsoo were both reading something on the folders they were holding, Krystal was busy with her phone and Eunji can only look down.

“So Miss Jung…” Jun Mi’s voice made Eunji flinch… well it made Krystal, Lay and Kyungsoo flinch as well.

“Yes ma’am?” Eunji wanted to sound as natural as possible but she just failed miserably and it made Jun Mi put a small smirk on her lips.

“Jung Eunji, your mother is a good friend of Kim Empire, she’s been a diamond of the company during her early years not until she decided to go to Europe...” Jun Mi started talking and that made everyone’s attention be on her but her eyes are glued to Eunji. That very moment, the freelance writer just wanted to vanish.

“So I know a bit about her… and I’d be expecting to see that to you as well.” Jun Mi continued.

“What do you do Ms. Jung?” Jun Mi asked and it made Eunji gulp as she eyed the other three persons on the table to at least get an emotional support but it seemed like the three are stoned as well.

She tried to take a deep breath, she’s not being roasted and just being asked a simple question…. She shouldn’t be nervous…?

“Well ma’am… I’m a freelance feature writer in Chick, I’m also a freelance event organizer, stylist and designer, I pretty do all around in the industry.” Eunji replied, as casual as possible.

“You graduated in communication but you pursued fashion…” Jun Mi pointed out and that very moment, they knew that she didn’t come empty handed to the point that she even knows Eunji’s degree

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter