SEVEN

There's a Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

SEVEN

He glanced at the entrance of the restaurant to check if she’s around… and it took another five minutes before he finally saw her enter the restaurant. She looks fab he must say, as expected from a fashion icon. He actually thinks that even if she’ll just go for groceries, she’d still be all dolled up… just like his mom, his aunts or even Taeyeon, so much of keeping up with the image.

“Hi.” He tried to sound happy in greeting her as he even stood up to let her sit.

“Hi.” Eunji sounded awkward.

“What is this for?” Eunji immediately asked as Suho sat infront of her, she actually thinks they’re pulling a ‘dating’ stunt right now.

“Don’t I get a credit to order first after waiting for thirty minutes?” Suho asked back and before she can answer, he already had signaled the waiter to come over with the menu and as hungry as she is right now, Eunji got no choice but order a meal for herself as well.

While waiting for the meal to be served, both are too silent, obviously waiting if who’s gonna talk first.

“Okay-“ and they spoke at the same time which somehow made Suho laugh to ease up his nervousness. He knows that this woman can sometimes be blunt but she might not be in favor with what his mom wants to happen.

“What do you need? Business minded people like you won’t be spending 30 minutes to wait for someone nor ask someone for a dinner in an expensive restaurant and order a course that’s a size of a tablespoon but causes a monthly wage of the one who makes it and most especially, sacrifice for obviously going to be cover of gossip sites in the next few hours if you don’t need anything… so spill it while I’m still listening. I didn’t dish two cars of paparazzi just to eat some Italian cuisine.” Eunji may be blunt but she’s one hell of a talker… and this is something new to Suho. He can only blink a few times while listening to her talk.

“Wow… you talk…fast.” Suho can’t help but comment.

“Am I really hearing that from you?!” Eunji asked in disbelief which made Suho gulp from his glass of water before finally speaking.

“Okay, I’d go straight to the point. I’ve met my mom and I found out that she wanted us to do a media play over the scandal and the press release. She wants us to the ‘I’m pretending to be in a relationship with you’ kind of drama and she’s damn serious.” Suho replied which almost made Eunji spit out the water she’s drinking.

“What the hell?!” Eunji asked… in the most ‘natural’ way she could as she was even faking a ‘sweet’ smile when she said that. She almost lost her cool after hearing Suho’s words but she immediately realized how ‘public’ they are right now. They’re in an expensive Italian restaurant and of all the tables, Suho chose to stay in the table located near the center so it basically means that there are a lot of other costumers that’s surrounding them… that explains all the ‘looks’ they’ve been getting ever since she arrived… and after hearing what he said, she realized why he chose to stay there.

“Keep it cool, we’re in public.”

“What do you think of our life? Some kind of K-drama? Well sorry to tell you but I’m no princess and the pauper to agree and pretend to be your damn girl, find someone else. I’m gonna release a PR tomorrow if needed, Kim Junmyeon and Jung Eunji announces to remain as friends… wouldn’t that be nice?” Eunji retorted. Suho can only roll his eyes; of course, someone who’s got a real talker tongue would say that. Before he can reply, the waiter arrived with their orders.

“We’ll just do it for a month, or two… the most is three, I don’t know but really, why can’t you just agree with this since we’re both involved here?” Suho finally said as soon as they thanked the waiter who just left.

“And what makes you think I’ll agree with you if you’re the reason why I’m dragged into this in the first place?” they may be arguing now but it’s 99.9% sure that adjacent tables can’t even hear what they’re talking about as they’re talking in a very controlled voice, too much drama may occur if people could hear them now.

“I won’t go around circles here Ms. Jung, I know you know why I was trying to talk to you in the first place, and don’t act innocent after you’ve been so defensive about it… Hyerim.” There, Suho finally said his ace which obviously caught Eunji off-guard. She knows that he’s suspecting but right now, he sounds so sure which made Eunji grip on the glass she’s holding.

“How could you say that?” for the very last time, she’s trying to save herself from an obvious drowning which made Suho smirk.

“Are we still going to play games here Ms. Jung? Your reaction speaks up what you can’t admit… so I’m telling you, do this pretend k-drama thing you’re saying with me and I’ll keep mum about you being Hyerim. I won’t even tell my cousins… or would it be nice for me write something in A La Mode with a headline saying ‘Hyerim revealed to be famous fashion Icon, Jung Eunji’… what do you think?” Suho knows imagine means a lot in the kind of industry they’re working at…. And Eunji has to live up with the high standards of being a fashion icon and that doesn’t speak anything about being ‘Hyerim’.

At first, being ‘Hyerim’ wasn’t a problem as what she’s been writing were all true and people gave positive responses… not until some people gave wrong interpretations to her articles that it ended up to sound like gossips… and that started her and Tris’ thought of actually writing ‘gossips’ to give life to Chick.

“You’re really serious about this?” Eunji asked.

“I am. And as what you’ve said, I don’t waste time so me being here means I mean business and my goal is to let you agree with this crap.” Suho replied.

“I can’t believe I’m caught into this. What really has come to your mother’s head to end up having this media play?” Eunji can’t help but ask… she means it. Why would someone want her son to be in a media play anyways?

“Let’s just say I’m a too good to be true so mom wants to give out some life to my image to the media.” Suho replied as he ate a piece of his meal. He honestly doesn’t feel like eating now but it would be a pity to leave the food untouched. He’s just hoping that Eunji agrees to him already as his head is starting to feel pain.

“and if I say no, I’ll wake up being revealed as Hyerim?”

“Yes and I mean it… and I know… that we both know how image is one of the most important thing to survive this industry and if you lost it… there’s no way you’ll get it back.” Suho replied, he’s determined and he knows he’ll get to have her agree.

“And as business minded person you are, you came so prepared.” Eunji commented.

“I came for your yes and I know I’m getting it.” Suho confidently replied.

“Yeah right… as if I’ll have a choice Mr. Kim?” and with that, a smirk formed in Suho’s face.

“It was nice doing business with you Ms. Jung.” Suho finally said with a smile which made Eunji roll her eyes.

“How long is this going to happen?”

“I think a month or so, media would soon lose interest then we can lie low and go for a PR then we’re done.” Suho replied.

“Then what are the duties paired up to this?” Eunji asked… that question Suho can’t answer directly as he haven’t really thought of that.

“Ooh… so you seemed unprepared on that part.” Eunji noticed.

“Tell me.”

“Well… mayb

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter