TWENTY SEVEN

There's a Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

AN: Seriously and honestly, this is my favorite chapter and I can’t wait for you guys to read it :D Ciao!

 

TWENTY SEVEN

 

“Congratulations Baek! Sehun!” Suho immediately hugged his two cousins who had a successful new cover launch of A La Mode. The others immediately came as well. It’s been more than two years and a lot of things happened.

As he looks around, he can’t help but smile with everything that happened in two years. He took over the CEO spot and he’s proud to say that he has actually made quite an impression as he was even recognized as the youngest CEO in Asia. Kim Empire was able to slay awards show with all the season awards as it even got a spot in the Hall of Fame. Grandpa and grandma are stronger than ever as they’ve been travelling around as grandpa is confident to leave the Empire in Suho’s hands. Jun Mi has been continuing to travel the world to get to know fashion even better. With his cousins, well, Minseok propose to So Eun and they’re getting married in six month time,  Jongdae and Luna, Jongin and Seulgi’s been enjoying dating in public compared to how much they tried to hide it two years ago, Lay made a move with Wendy and is dating her now, even Chanyeol been dating Ga Young, Baekhyun and Taeyeon finally gave label to their relationship during the Winter collection of Kim Empire, it was such a sweet invite, Kyungsoo and Bomi’s been doing good to as the cousins knows that Kyungsoo’s actually planning to ask Bomi’s hand for marriage soon and they support him 200%, Sehun and Krystal’s going stronger than even as well and there he is, one single bachelor who got no time to date as he got his heart for someone.

 

After the launch, they decided to of course, stay behind. They brought home the girls first before the nine of them met up again for some drinks.

“I can’t believe I’m staying up late when I got an early flight tomorrow.” Chanyeol mumbles as he drank his alcohol making them chuckle.

“You should leave now then, you better not whine on the group chat tomorrow and say you missed your flight.” Jongin hissed garnering laughter from everyone.

“I can’t believe Minseok hyung’s settling down in six months… this is where reality strikes.” Baekhyun suddenly said which made Minseok laugh.

“When do you plan to ask Taeyeon though?” Minseok asked him garnering a tease from the others as Baekhyun felt his ears turn red.

“It took a lot of courage to have her as my girlfriend, don’t you think I should take it slow for now? it’ll surely take us years before I reach that point, you might all be married and have kids by then.” Baekhyun playfully replied but there was a hint of frustration making them laugh.

“Poor Baekkie… here drink some more.” Lay playfully patted his back as he filled his glass.

“Suho hyung, how’s Eunji by the way? Krystal said they were able to talk last night.” Sehun suddenly ask as they diverted their attention to Suho. From time to time they would open up topic about her as they know that he misses her. He didn’t say any further than saying that Eunji went to New York, they were only able to learn more about why she left through online news articles. With how Suho is acting, they know that something is up, that he’s holding on to her so they’ll support him with that.

“She’s doing well, she’s got nice job and such…” Suho replied. They don’t usually talk through calls or chats but they sometimes email each other’s which is enough as their form of communication.

 

-

 

Eunji smiles as she looks around.

“Korea, I missed you.” she whispered. Its night time and her plane just landed, she looks around to find the person she called to fetch her.

“MOM!” she shrieked upon seeing her mother holding up a cute banner for her. Her mother’s on a cute disguise so she hopes she wasn’t recognized as her arrival in Korea is something she wanted to keep as a secret.

“Darling!” Eun Ha welcomed her daughter in her embrace.

“I missed you so much.” Eunji said after they broke the hug.

“You’re talking as if I didn’t visit you last month.” Eun Ha joked which made Eunji giggle.

“It’s still different if I’m in Korea, I’m more at home.” Eunji replied as she started to push her cart again.

“Darling, as much as mom wants to help you settle in your new unit, I need to go home after I drop you off, I’ve got a very early meeting tomorrow and I know that if I stay behind in your unit, we’ll pull an all-nighter and I would either end up as a zombie in the meeting or not be able to attend the meeting at all.” Eun Ha said as they rode the car making Eunji laugh.

“No problem mom, as long as the unit’s fully furnished.”

“It is! I checked it last night before I went home. It’s a really-really nice unit, much wider than your old one.” Eun Ha replied.

“But I’m going to miss that unit though… I had such memories in that unit… but as what you’ve said, it’s time for me to let go… I know Mr. Cho is happy with his family there.” Eunji said as she stares out of the window, looking at the wonderful Korea view she missed for more than two years. She decided to find a new unit and gave her unit to one of the most trusted employee of their family as she can’t find in her heart to sell the unit that has the memories of her father.

 

As soon as the car pulled out of the driveway, the bellboy welcomed Eunji as he loaded her stuffs while Eunji bid goodbye to her mother. The moment they stopped in front of her new unit, Eunji’s heart flutters as she imagines how it’ll look like inside, she’s just too excited to see it.

“Thank you for choosing our towers ma’am.” the bell boy said after he settled Eunji’s stuffs inside the unit.

 

“waaaaaah!” Eunji exclaimed as she slumped her body on the couch. Everything is so comfy and so elegant, her mother really put a huge effort on this as she told Eunji that she’ll handle everything about her new unit.

“I am soooo tired.” Eunji whined as she got tired of the long plane ride from New York to Korea.

Eunji stayed like that for a while as she allowed herself to get drown on her thoughts. Few moments later she got up and started to explore around the unit.

“It’s pretty similar, mom really asked the interior to do as I pleased…” Eunji commented as she looks around the unit. She stopped on one of the walls that was filled with frames that were put into a cute collage, a smile crept on her face.

“We’ll be making more memories together.” She whispered as she looks at each of the pictures, they were pictures of her with her friends, with the cousins… and with Suho.

 

-

Suho can’t believe he actually fell asleep on Lay’s unit last night, he must have drunk a lot and agreed to stay there. He’s much sober now as he makes his way back to his unit. The morning coffee he got from Lay helped a lot.

“Aaauugh…” he groaned as he can smell alcohol in his clothes, all he wants to do now is take a shower and be a couch potato on a Saturday.

 

 

 

 

 

 

Eunji remembers that there’s a mini mart on the tower’s lobby and she wants to get some coffee that her caretaker failed to buy for her supplies.

“What else do I need to buy?” Eunji asks herself as she looks around to make sure that she’ll just buy everything in one go. It’s her first day in Korea and she’s planning to stay inside her unit the whole day and plan out how she’ll live life the next day.

“I guess coffee and pancake mix will do.” She uttered as she took her wallet and phone and headed to her door.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Suho glanced at the unit beside him; the ‘occupied’ sign was removed meaning the new owner must be living there already. He doesn’t really welcome neighbors and such but he hopes that his new neighbor enjoys the unit as he knows that their floor is where the wonderful view of Korea can be seen.

 

 

 

 

 

As Suho types his passcode the other unit’s door clicked meaning someone’s opening it inside. He stopped mid track to at least welcome his new neighbor. His eyes widen upon seeing who it is… as he suddenly feel the world stop for a moment.

 

 

 

 

 

Eunji kept on looking down and adjusting her sandals as she thinks she wore it the wrong way. The moment she was able to correct it she looked up and wiped away the hair that covered her face… not expecting the person standing in front of her now.

 

“Suho…”

 

“Eunji…”

 

 

 

 

:FLASHBACK:

“Let’s forget about the media play then. You said we had something special right? I believe what we have now is something special… let’s not play around and talk about what we have between us then… don’t you think that there’s a chance?”

Chance?

Is there a chance?

Eunji took a deep breath just with the thought of it.

“Eunji…” Suho called her name as he started walking towards her back.

Tears continued to fall from Eunji’s eyes when she felt two arms circle her waist.

“Don’t you think that there’s a chance for us?” Suho whispered on her ears and it felt like ticklish as she can feel blood rush all over her body, the boy really does wonder.

“Suho…” she uttered his name.

“Face me…” Suho said as he loosen the hug to have her face him but Eunji resisted as she didn’t have the heart to look at him with these tears in her eyes right now.

“No…. please…” she pleaded. Suho can only take a deep breath and complied as he returned the hug again while resting his chin on her shoulder. He knows she’s crying as he can feel her shoulder tremble, he just hopes that the hug makes her feel better.

“Eunji… please answer me… don’t you think that there’s a chance? A chance for us?” Suho asked again, that’s his last straw. Her response would make him do a move.

There was a long silence between them as they stayed in that position and continued to look at the glass window and see Korea’s view at night. The feeling was so serene, so peaceful.

Eunji closed her eyes and took a deep breath. Is this what she has been waiting for? For Suho to ask if they have a chance?

“I think we have…” she uttered, almost a whisper.

“hmm?” Suho didn’t hear it clearly but he knows she said something. Eunji cleared before speaking again.

“I think we have… I think there’s a chance.”

Suho’s eyes widen as his hug got loose with what Eunji said.

In a span of two seconds, Eunji can’t believe what is happening to her now… but she closed her eyes to savor the moment.

 

Suho closed his eyes as he deepens the kiss, feeling how passionate love is. His minds screams happiness right now… the moment Eunji said that there’s a chance, he found himself spinning her aro

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter