THREE

There's a Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

THREE

As Suho entered the coffee shop, he looked around and smiled upon realizing that he arrived first.

It just took good two minutes of him finding a spot before he recognized Eunji entering the coffee shop.

“Hi, it’s nice to see you.” He immediately stood up to greet her.

“Nice meeting you too.” Eunji replied with a smile as he then addressed her to take a sit.

It was somehow awkward not until the waiter arrived to take their order.

“So… thank you for coming over this invitation.” Suho said as soon as the waiter left.

“I was worried if I lost it but I just thought that I placed it somewhere in my room since I was so tired last night.” Eunji replied.

“Here it is by the way, the hook was broken so I had it fix.” Suho said as he took the velvet box that was seated beside him and placed it on top of the table. He then pushed it to Eunji’s direction.

“Oh you didn’t have to! But thank you so much.” Eunji replied as she took the velvet box and opened it. Her bracelet, a smile immediately formed on her face as she weaved a sigh of relief, she wouldn’t know what to do if she actually lost it.

“I wouldn’t know what to do if I lost it, thank you.” Eunji thanked him again which made him chuckle.

“You’re welcome Ms. Jung, you’ve thanked me enough.” Suho replied.

There was a silence between them again until the orders arrived making them have an excuse to dine.

Suho gulped as he can’t find the right words to ask her about ‘Hyerim’ or whatever.

“So… how is Ms. Jung doing?” Suho tried to start the conversation which made Eunji take a sip of her Americano.

“Well… I’m doing fine?” Eunji was unsure if what was he meaning.

“I mean doing with work or something.” Suho clarified.

“Well I’m doing well, I do freelance writing in Chick and I’m starting to get back to event organizing.” Eunji replied as she tried to flash a smile. Deep inside she suddenly felt nervous as to why Suho was asking her this.

“I see, how is it in Chick then? Tris is a good friend of us but we haven’t been in contact for some time now.” Suho asked again which made Eunji gulp.

“It’s fun working in Chick, it makes me develop my writing.” Eunji tried to play it simple.

“I’m actually curious about something.”

“What is it?”

“There’s this writer named Hyerim, do you know her?” and that made Eunji flinch a bit but immediately gathered her composure. She tried her best not break her eye contact with Suho as she didn’t one the other to suspect her.

“Why do you ask?”

“I was just curious about her, she has written couple of articles that involves Kim Empire, she must be really something.” Suho replied as he took a sip of his Americano, obviously waiting for Eunji to spill something.

“I don’t know her.” Eunji simply answered which made give a satisfying nod.

“Well that’s fine… I’m just really curious about her especially Chick posted something this morning and turned it down immediately.” Suho said. Eunji can only grip the hem of the skirt she’s wearing, Suho seemed to be fishing on something and she knows she must be careful.

“I read about that.” Eunji chose to say it.

“Really? What are your thoughts then?”

“Krystal’s my cousin.” Eunji revealed which somehow made Suho’s eyes to show surprise but he immediately nod.

“I see, so you know?” Suho asked. Eunji just nod.

“Well… if that’s the case, that Hyerim must have been in the Gala last night… or became one big hit paparazzi to actually be able to witness something and write it in a scandalous article.” Suho said which somehow made Eunji a bit furious as to why the man seemed to hate ‘Hyerim’ so much.

“Why do you hate Hyerim so much?” Eunji asked.

“I don’t hate her… it’s just that, she has wrote a lot of scandalous articles that involves Kim Empire. The company has been keeping clean records but the involvement of scandalous and malicious acts made by Hyerim is giving Kim Empire having a hard time to filter it.” Suho explained.

“Why? Are Hyerim’s articles false?”

“I didn’t say that as well... but sometimes she needs to find much more credible information than what she has to give out credible articles as well, it makes Chick look cheap once the company gives out our press release regarding the article.” Suho replied and this cause Eunji to range as she gripped on the hem of her skirt harder trying to keep her composure.

“How can you say that?! Hyerim wouldn’t write anything if she knows that the information is not valid, she must have seen it with her own eyes, heard it with her own ears or got it from a credible source!” Eunji’s voice raised a bit which made Suho smirk a bit. it was good that he chose a pretty secluded area in the café so there’s only two tables near them and neither of it were occupied.

“Calm down Ms. Jung, I was just saying my thoughts… I thought you don’t know Hyerim but your action speaks otherwise.” Suho’s remark making Eunji grit her teeth in the inside as she still tried her very best keep the last piece of composure inside her. Suho seemed to have pushed her by saying those stuffs.

“I don’t know… but you, calling Chick cheap is somehow below the belt Mr. Kim.”

“That’s just a statement Ms. Jung, and that didn’t come from me anyways, it also came from the comments of people and such. Don’t push it on me too much.” Suho replied as he took another sip from his Americano. He didn’t expect that it meeting Ms. Jung would be worth his time actually.

Eunji took a deep breath before standing up.

“I’m sorry for the rude behavior earlier but I’m really thankful that you returned my bracelet and for this treat but I think I need to go since the atmosphere is not pretty good now. I’ll see you around.” Eunji said as she walked out without hearing anything from Suho. This made the heir smirk.

“Hmmm…. Hyerim….” Suho muttered as he finished his Americano. He didn’t expect that someone like Jung Eunji would actually lose her composure on such discussion.

“Hyerim must really mean something to her

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter