TWENTY THREE

There's a Chance
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

TWENTY THREE

Eunji can only shut her eyes inside the elevator because of the awkward silence. She asked Suho for a talk and so they've decided to end up talking in his unit.

Upon arriving inside his unit, Suho can swear that he can just drop his body on the couch if not because of the presence of Eunji. Jet lag seemed to be hitting him already.

"I'll just change, can you wait for a while?" He asked the girl.

"Okay." Eunji replied shortly without sparing a glance on him as she was busy looking around at how tidy the house is even if he was out for almost a month.

Suho glanced at her before finally entering his room.

Eunji decided to settle on the couch. The last time she was here, Suho had a CVS episode which made her so worried of the male.

Eunji noticed that it has been 15 minutes yet he wasn't out yet. She hasn’t heard any puking or alarming sound inside so she just shook it off.

"Maybe he got some shower." Eunji told herself.

Another 15 has passed and Eunji's more bored than worried. She slump her back on the couch and found the comfort of the fabric.

"Aaahh I'm sleepy. When are you going out Kim Junmyeon?" Eunji muttered as she felt her eyelids go heavy. She checked her watch and it was almost time for lunch but she's sleepy. She's been lacking sleep in the past few days as things just go worth wind on her. Her job as a fashion director, her friends, and most especially the media play... Specifically, a certain person named Kim Junmyeon.

Eunji closed her eyes to savor the moment... Until she dozed off.

Eunji felt something vibrate beside her. She flinched a little as her eyes opened, it was dim around her, she immediately sat straight ad she brushed away the hair that was covering her face. She tried to think and realized that she fell asleep inside Suho's unit. She immediately checked her watch and it was past 6pm. She was asleep for more than five hours.

"Oh my God." She muttered as she checked her phone to see three missed calls from Baekhyun.

"Aah fudge!" She immediately called him back as she remembered that she was supposed to meet him in A La Mode for the final checking of the special issue before it'll be distributed.

"Hello Baek I'm sorry I-"

"Eunji calm down. It's alright." She can imagine him smiling while saying that which made her shut her eyes, feeling guilty of having the other wait for her.

"I'll go there-"

"No, it's fine. Suho hyung and Sehun came back today right? And Taeyeon told me that you're with Suho hyung so just stay there, I know you guys got a lot of things to talk about. I'll drop a copy on your office later since I'm fetching Taeyeon, just check it tomorrow and give me a call. We're not yet late so it's fine. No worries." Baekhyun tried to assure her which made her sigh.

"I'm sorry again Baek... And okay, I'll check it first thing tomorrow." Eunji said, almost in a whisper.

"Hey cheer up! Stop feeling guilty, it's fine. Just talk with hyung so everything will be settled. I'll hang up now. Bye Eunji!"

"Alright, bye Baek! Thank you!" Eunji ended the call.

She can only sigh as she looked around. The wall lights were the only lighted ones so she stood up and opened the other lights.

"Did he actually fall asleep?" Eunji asked herself as she can feel her stomach grumble, she hasn't taken lunch and had a sandwich for breakfast.

"He won't be mad if I check him right? I'm worried." Eunji continued to talk to herself.

She tiptoed towards his room and twisted the knob. As soon as she entered his room, she found him lying on his bed looking so peaceful... And still on his airport attire.

"You must be tired." Eunji whispered as she walked towards him for a closer look.

His long lashes looked to beautiful, his perfect nose, cherry pink lips and peach cheeks... Everything looks so beautiful. She chuckled inside her mind as she realized what she was doing but she can't help it... she must have really fallen.

"Sleep well then." She whispered as she tried to adjust the blanket to cover him. With the short distance, Eunji can’t help but stare at his face intently, his fringe added to the overall beauty, she wanted to touch them so bad… even his cherry pink lips seemed to be so inviting, though she’s not gonna lie, it has always looked so inviting… but she was afraid that it’ll wake him up so she controlled the urge to do so. She ended up going out of his room with a heavy heart.

“Gather yourself up Eunji!” she’s been having a lot of inner self battle these past days.

Eunji decided to just go home when her eyes darted on Suho's kitchen. She has no idea if the guy had his breakfast but he surely didn't have his lunch. She bit her lip as she contemplated on whether to cook or not.

"He wouldn't be mad right? It's for him so he should just be thankful." Eunji told herself as she returned her bag on the couch and headed to the kitchen. She knows she shouldn't be doing this but she can't help it, she'd worried that he might end up not eating anything for the day...and as a friend, she don't want that.

She was not sure if he had something in his fridge or pantry since he was gone for almost a month but her queries were answered when she saw a note on his fridge. It was from his caretaker saying that she has changed all the supplies in his kitchen.

"He's lucky not to do his groceries huh..." Eunji commented she opened the fridge to see if what she can cook.

Suho wrinkled his nose upon smelling food; he can feel his stomach grumble making him open his eyes. He sleepily sat on his bed while scratching his eyes. It took him a minute to realize what was going on.

"Oh shoot! Eunji!" He immediately got up from his bed and ran out of his room only to find a cooking figure on his kitchen.

"Oh you're up. Was I too loud? I'm sorry, I invaded your kitchen." Eunji said as she noticed him approaching the kitchen.

"You're still here?" He can't help but ask.

"I fell asleep on the couch while waiting for you. I woke up thirty minutes ago." Eunji replied as she spared him a glance again and returned to what she was cooking.

"I'm sorry, I fell asleep." Suho scratched his nape.

"I figured." Eunji replied with a chuckled as she saw him sit on the bar stool.

 

"What are you cooking?" Suho asked as he peeked from on the stove.

"Something edible." Eunji kidded as she gave him an eye smile which made Suho playfully fake a laugh.

"Mr. Kim? Why don't you go and have some shower? You've been on air for more than 14 hours." Eunji wanted to stop the playfulness as she can already feel her cheeks turn pink with the way Suho playful stare.

“You promise not to burn my kitchen?” Suho asked.

“Yes sir, trust me on this.” Eunji replied as she batted her brows which made Suho laugh and headed back to his room for a quick shower.

The moment the door closed, Eunji let go of the ladle and held her chest.

“Gather yourself up Jung!” she whispered to herself.

 

The moment Eunji finished setting up the table and serving the dinner, Suho came out of the room.

“Just on time, let’s eat, I’m hungry.” Eunji called him up as Suho headed to the dining table. Eunji can’t help but smile over the good aura that surrounds the man, the long hours of sleep must have helped his mood as it was too different from his aura earlier.

“Wow, you cooked a lot.”

“We haven’t eaten lunch and I’m not sure if you ate breakfast so I decided on this, I’ll just repay you with supplies later on.” Eunji replied. Suho gave her a look, contemplating on what to say but Eunji just gave her a smile and proceeded on eating.

The moment the chopsticks started moving, the house was filled with silence again, both kept stealing glances, wanting to speak yet no one dares to start.

“Ah-“ they said at the same time which made the both of them smile.

“You talk first.” Suho said which made Eunji gulp, she suddenly lost the courage she built while eating.

“I don’t wanna ruin the mood but shouldn’t we start talking about the main reason as to why I’m here in the first place?” Eunji asked in an unsure tone which made Suho sigh.

“I was honestly surprised with how light I felt when I woke up, the sleep helped out a lot… and I woke up with you preparing a meal, the mood was good but I know we need to settle this…”

“I don’t want to push myself and continue this media play if you don’t want to but I just want to let you know that I understand your mother’s reasons but I’ll respect your decision. I’ll be here to help you out with whatever. We may have a rough start but I think it made me stronger even in a span of two months, so I’d be willing to help with anything.” Eunji said her side as she tried look at him in the eyes. It was hard but she wanted to, she wanted to see his reaction yet all she got was his blank stare, it seemed like he was thinking deep that she couldn’t read him.

“Eunji…” Suho took a deep breath before continuing.

“I had deep thoughts on this matter. If I were to be asked, I really want to end this, I don’t want you to be dragged on this situation but I also thought about mom’s reasons… I understand her but I feel really bad, I don’t want to use someone like you just to get an advantage over the board. I want to get to that spot but I want it be because of all the hard work I’ve done… I don’t want to use you and your status in this…” Suho paused and it made Eunji look up again to meet his eyes, the blank stare is now replaced with sad look which made Eunji feel her heart tighten.

“Is that your decision already?” Eunji asked in the most awkward tone. She wanted to sound as if it doesn’t matter to her but deep inside her emotions are overflowing and in chaos.

“But… I want to try it out.” Suho’s response made Eunji’s brows crease.

“Try it out?”

“Try mom’s plan…” Suho replied with a gulp as he tried to maintain the eye contact with Eunji.

“You want to?”

“I think we can work it out… as long as you’re fine with it this will go for another month… or two… longest is three… if you’re okay with it.” Suho’s tone suddenly changed into a shy boy asking someone a big favor, this made Eunji laugh.

“Let’s just say that this is a win-win situation then. I help you out, I get to stay and be with my friends, isn’t that enough reason or me to stay and be your so-called girlfriend for the next three months?” Eunji replied with a smile which finally made Suho let

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter