Chapter 6

Oblivion

Chanyeol’s P.O.V.

** ** **

“I am now your girlfriend,” she said.

Okay. I was flabbergasted.

I have to choke back.

“You are my…” I swallowed my saliva. “…what?”

She beamed. “Your girlfriend.”

“I’m now your boyfriend?” I said. I know I’m smiling from ear to ear now because I could feel my lips stretch.

She nodded. And smiled. That genuine smile.

How I missed this feeling. The she’s smiling for me.

“Why? I mean… how…?”

She was still smiling at me.

“You’ve been suffering too much already,” she said. “You endured the feeling of being hurt for so long I’ve hurt you, even not intentionally. So it’s about time that you become happy.”

There she is again. Thinking of others first before her own happiness.

“So you became my girlfriend out of sympathy?” I teased. I know she isn’t like that but I’d like to hear what she’d say.

She shook her head. With that genuine smile that I love. “I’d be lying if my heart didn’t thump enthusiastically every time I see you on the production. Just so you know, I was always looking for you whenever you’re away. And I become nervous every time I see you. I sometimes act like a high school girl who saw her crush and hides.

“Sometimes, I even wonder why I feel that way when you’re acting cold all the time and you don’t even talk to me. But I told myself that maybe I was crushing on you, even just a bit.

“Now that I know the whole story, I think I do have feelings for you, Chanyeol. It was just the memories that went away but the feelings stayed.”

Now, that one, I didn’t see that coming.

“The feeling is mutual, Park Chanyeol,” (y/n) appended.

I could feel myself smiling from ear to ear. Or maybe this smile could go far as on the top of my head!

“It may sound crazy because I still can’t remember everything but I’ve seen images of you. And my heart doesn’t lie, Yeol.

This time I’m really surprised.

Yeol.

That’s what she usually calls me.

She covered . “I remembered that just now! Yeol! That’s how I call you!”

I chuckled.

“Yeol,” she repeated. “Saying that sounds so right.”

I nodded. “It should be.”

“It’s the mind that forgets. But the heart remembers,” she said with an honest smile on her lips.

“Wouldn’t it be unfair for you?” I asked. I can’t help but ask. “You’re the only one that doesn’t remember. But I remember everything.”

She shook her head. “It would be more unfair for you because I can’t remember. You have to help me remember!”

“I promise you will,” I said. “And we’ll make memories, even better than those you forgot.”

“I’m looking forward to that!” she challenged me.

I smirked. “You better!”

She giggled a bit. “Did you get jealous, Yeol?”

“What?” I was taken aback.

“You know…” she was laughing. “You mentioned that you were close to giving up because I was close with someone…”

She’s really so straight-forward! With everything! Her confession a while ago and her question! As always!

“I did,” I admitted. “I did get jealous. And up to now, I am. You’re too close with each other.”

“We are, too, Yeol,” she rebutted.

“Exactly!” I retorted. “You’re just like us. Super close. That’s how we started!”

She blinked. Completely surprised of my reaction.

No, we’re not fighting. We’re usually like this. I feel nostalgic, to be honest.

“Who are you talking about exactly, Yeol?” she asked.

And she’s clueless?!

“How are you so clueless when you even felt that I like you?”

She shook her head. “I didn’t! You confessed just now and I just said that the feeling is mutual~”

I fought the urge to do a facepalm. So was she clueless all this time? That she knew just because I confessed? And the she just has a crush on me as well?

You really didn’t know what he’s crushing on you?” I asked.

“Who?”

“The one that’s close to you!”

“No, I don’t! So who is he?”

I laughed. Out loud. She doesn’t know a thing! She really doesn’t have any idea! Her facial expression told me so.

And she’s really like that. If she knows, she’ll be straight-forward about it.

“It’s better if you don’t know,” I said.

She frowned.

“Don’t bother, it’s just a simple crush anyway. There’s nothing special~” I defended. “It’s not like he’s in love with you.”

Wow. That really came from me, huh.

Well, I’d give Kyungsoo the benefit of the doubt. Let’s say he’s not in love with (y/n). But I know that he has a crush on her. That’s the one we cannot deny.

“Well, if you say so~” she said.

Good thing she bought that one.

But I can’t believe this.

“Are you really my girlfriend now?” I asked.

She nodded. “Don’t you want it? Okay. I take it---”

“No, no!” I immediately cut her off. I don’t want to be dumped right away. “I want it! I want you! I love you!”

The words slipped out of my mouth like they were so easy to say.

(Y/n) was stunned. was left hanging open.

I suddenly realized that it’s unfair for me to tell her that with me expecting something in return. She can’t remember anything yet, so I can’t ask her to fully reciprocate what I’m feeling.

“You don’t need to reply to that, (y/n),” I told her.

“Maybe it’s a bad idea being your girlfriend, after all,” she smiled faintly. “I can’t fully remember everything yet so it would be unfair if you tell me that and I can’t say something in return…”

“No!” I retorted. “I agreed to this. Now that you’re officially mine, I don’t want to let you go.”

She smiled. And nodded. “But it doesn’t mean I don’t like you. I do like you. I just don’t know if I love you now, at this very moment.”

“But you’ll go there sometime soon,” I told her like it’s bound to happen.

“Can’t be sure about that~” she challenged.

“I’m confident,” I said.

“Prove it, then,” she pressed on.

Then she stood up when we finished eating dinner.

I grabbed her hand when she walked away and she was surprised.

“We’re already official, right?” I told her. “So I can do this~”

Then I turned her whole body to me and hugged her. “And this.”

We stayed like that for a while and I could feel her freeing myself.

“Yeol, people are looking…” she said shyly.

“I don’t care. You’re mind now,” I said.

And I said that quite happier than I’m supposed to be.

“And I can also do this,” I said then I kissed her forehead.

That’s the kiss I’ve always given her since then as a form of respect. She blushed.

“Yeol…” she mumbled. “People are staring…”

I chuckled. She’s too conscious. The people don’t even know that I’m Park Chanyeol. She forgot that I wore my disguise.

“I’m going to give you a ride home,” I said.

I let go of her hand. I know that she’s not yet used  to it so I won’t surprise her with the sudden skinship.

** ** **

I went home without removing the smile on my face.

“It’s been a while since I saw you smiling like an idiot, Chanyeol,” Baekhyun said as a greeting.

“Really?” Sehun popped out from nowhere. “Hyung is smiling?”

Chen was suddenly beside me with his arms around my shoulder. “Did something good happen?”

Kai laughed mockingly. “He just successfully pulled a prank, Baek-hyung, that’s why he’s smiling like that.”

Baekhyun frowned. “Did you touch my stuff, Chanyeol?”

“No!” I shook my head but I’m still smiling.

Suho-hyung arrived from the kitchen with a bowl of spaghetti in his hands. “What’s the commotion about?”

Baekhyun shrugged. “Ask Chanyeol who’s creepily smiling a retard.”

Suho-hyung looked at me and raised his brow.

“Nothing,” I shook my head while still smiling.

Suho-hyung looked at me like he’s saying, ‘Nothing, but you’re smiling like a creep?’

“It’s just…” I said as I sit down on the beanbag. “(Y/n) is now my girlfriend.”

Then suddenly, the only sound that I could hear is the TV and Kai’s game on his phone.

__

A/N:

Wow! I didn’t expect things to turn like this. LOL

And hooray!! Back to back update! HAHA. I told you I’m writing, but I lack the time to upload. And now I have the time to. HAHA. Yehey!

Watch out for the next chapters~ :)

Thank you for reading!

** ** **

Please read my other stories!

101 – Kai x Reader (EXO | R-18)

Everything Happens for a Reason – Chanyeol x Reader (EXO | R-18)

One Night Stand Love?! – Luhan x Reader (EXO | R-18)

Promise – Kai x Reader (EXO | Oneshot | Completed)

Identity Change – Jinyoung x Reader (B1A4)