Chapter 5

Oblivion

Your P.O.V.

** ** **

“(Y/n),” Chanyeol said.

Park Chanyeol spoke to me. He just said my name!

Why is this a big deal? It’s because all this time, Chanyeol has been ignoring me and treating me coldly!

And now, he’s the one that approached me first!

He never did that before and I can’t believe my eyes now!

“Y---Yes?” I tried to look at him in the eye.

“Are you free later after this shoot?” he asked.

What is happening to the world? Cold guy is now asking if I’m free?

I blushed like a mad lady. Why am I fussing over a little thing? Deep down, there’s this familiar fuzzy feeling.

It’s the same feeling every time Chanyeol looks at me coldly. But now that he’s talking to me, the fuzzy feeling became more intense.

“W---Why are you asking?” I stammered.

Wow. At least I managed to say something!

Chanyeol chuckled.

He just laughed! No, no, no. What’s this?! Something is very wrong!

I felt a little dizzy because I remembered the images that flooded my mind when I was still at the hospital.

The laughing Chanyeol that I can’t seem to forget.

“Are you… perhaps…” he said in between his laughs. “…afraid of me?”

I blushed like an effin’ tomato.

“No…” I said quite immediately. “It’s just…”

Chanyeol’s expression softened. “Just…?”

“You’re smiling, you’re approaching me, you’re calling me by my name and I’m actually surprised about it,” I said. Words came rushing out from my mouth. “I’m not used to it. You’re cold and aloof towards me before so…”

He sighed and smiled faintly. He ruffled my hair and I blushed at that body contact.

“I’m sorry about that,” he said. “I actually didn’t mean to be cold. And I can’t do that to you.”

“But you’ve been doing it for quite long now,” I pouted.

He beamed. “Not for long. I’m going to tell you why I did it. That’s why I’m asking if you’re free later.”

Chanyeol has a reason for being cold?! That’s something that I need to know!

“Kyungsoo and I already planned something later,” I said. “He told me we’d eat dinner.”

Chanyeol frowned at this. It’s cute. He just frowned like a child who never received a candy he asked from his mom.

“But I’ll go with you,” I said.

And with that, his face lighted up.

Really! What’s with this guy? He’s so cute. No wonder I have this tendency to really have a crush on him.

“I want to know your reasons,” I said in all honesty. “I’m just going to tell Kyungsoo that we’ll eat next time. I really want to know and I have to hear what you have to say.”

He grinned. “I’ll see you later, then!”

“Yes!” I beamed. “Oh, by the way, you should get my number so you could contact me.”

“Is it the same phone number?” Chanyeol asked.

I nodded.

“Okay, then,” he smiled. “I’ll just call you later.”

I nodded and smiled from ear to ear. I feel nauseous but it’s not that strong anymore.

He walked away.

Then it struck me.

“Chanyeol!” I shouted.

He looked back, still smiling.

“You know my number already?!” I shouted.

I noticed Kyungsoo beside me. He just arrived.

“What’s going on?” Kyungsoo asked.

“Did you give Chanyeol my number?” I asked Kyungsoo with a slight accusing tone.

Kyungsoo shook his head.

Then I turned to Chanyeol again. “Then how did you know my number?!”

Chanyeol’s eyes became colder when Kyungsoo arrived but he smirked when he answered. “You’ll know later.”

Then he again turned his back to us.

“Later?” Kyungsoo asked.

I nodded. “Ah, about that~ Kyungsoo… let’s have dinner next time. We always have dinner together anyway. This is one of the rarest occasions that we won’t eat dinner together…”

Kyungsoo stared at me for a while. I’m afraid he won’t let me…

“Oh, okay,” he smiled faintly. “So you’re going with Chanyeol later?”

I beamed and I nodded. “He said he’ll tell me something very important. And it’s very rare for him to approach me after he treated me coldly these past few days. So I need to know that~”

Kyungsoo patted my head. “Okay, then~ I guess you won’t worry about him snubbing you from now on.”

“I hope so. I’m not sure yet…”

There’s silence between us all of the sudden and Kyungsoo’s sigh broke it.

“But, I’ll still be your friend, right?”

I looked at him, puzzled. “What? Kyungsoo! What are you talking about?! Of course! You’ll still be my best friend!”

Kyungsoo just looked at me. What is he saying?

But really, I’m excited of what Chanyeol will tell me!

** ** **

“You’re my girlfriend, (y/n),” Chanyeol said.

Bluntly. Straight-forward.

But I’m not surprised. Or not mad. In fact, I’m blushing.

Not that I don’t want it. I’m actually flustered.

“W---Wha… How...?” I tilted my head while I gobbled my food.

“What you remembered back then at the hospital, when you asked me if we met before,” he started explaining. “Those are all true. It happened. We met way before.”

“So… what you said that… you won’t return the ring if I don’t remember…?”

He nodded. “Well, not really my girlfriend… but soon to be.”

“What’s that?” I frowned. “I was getting worked up on false information? I was already thinking how you are as a boyfriend.”

And… I don’t know why I said that.

His face lighted up.

“I was kidding!” I said right away. “Go on~”

He shook his head. “That’s one of the things that I love about you.”

And I blushed.

“I gave you that ring as a promise that I will date you,” he continued. “But the moment I was about to ask you out… we got into an accident and you lost your memories… about me.

“You remembered that your parents are gone and that your grandparents are who you have left. But you forgot about me. Doctors said that because I’m very important to you, I’m the one you forgot.”

I was astounded. So that was possible?

“Am I… in love with you, too?” I asked.

Chanyeol’s eyes widened. “I… I’m not sure.”

Silence.

“I was about to ask if you wanted to go out with me,” he answered. “But you got into an accident before I even got the chance to tell you...

“We did have something. I think the feeling is mutual, (y/n),” he lifted his head up proudly.

“Where’s that confidence coming from?” I challenged him.

Chanyeol grinned. “Why do I feel that I’m speaking with (y/n) just like the old days?”

“Well, maybe because it’s me and I didn’t change,” I beamed at him. I’m actually having a good time with him now and the feeling is so light. “I’m still the old me but I just lost a piece of my memory…”

Chanyeol smiled faintly.

“But why are you treating me so coldly if I was your girlfriend?” I can’t help to ask why.

“Because I thought about moving on, almost giving up on you, but I can’t. I still love you. But you got close with someone else so I got really discouraged and I started acting cold. Sorry about that…”

I smiled faintly. “Did you love me that much? For feeling all of those even I forgot all about you?”

“Correction,” he said. “I still love you. I do love you that much.”

“Chanyeol… why do I want to believe what you said?”

“Well, you just have to believe, (y/n). What I told you is true. No lies were said.”

I looked at him and I can feel myself blush.

I sighed deeply. I need a deep breath for me to find the courage to say this.

“Okay, then.”

“Hmmm?” Chanyeol hummed. He’s like a kid who’s sitting on a rocking chair, except he’s not rocking himself back and forth. His eyed were derpy as always and they’re full of anticipation.

“I am now your girlfriend.”

__

A/N:

Wow, I got active on updating my stories, eh? Hahaha.

As I said in the previous chapter, this will just be a short story. There are a number of chapters but all are just short chapters.

Thanks for reading!

xoxo

** ** **

Please read my other stories!

101 – Kai x Reader (EXO | R-18)

Everything Happens for a Reason – Chanyeol x Reader (EXO | R-18)

One Night Stand Love?! – Luhan x Reader (EXO | R-18)

Promise – Kai x Reader (EXO | Oneshot | Completed)

Identity Change – Jinyoung x Reader (B1A4)