Chapter 4

Oblivion

Chanyeol's P.O.V.

** ** **

Kyungsoo stared at me with wide eyes. I want to laugh at him because his eyes are already big but it became bigger. But I can't even smile right now.

"Well, she's supposed to be my girlfriend," I appended before they could even react. "But it happened."

They were silent. They were waiting for me to continue.

"What happened?" Kai pushed.

Suho-hyung looked at me intently.

"Do I really have to tell you this?" I sighed in irritation.

"Of course," Suho-hyung said. "There's no point in hiding anything now. Tell us the whole story."

The doctor excused himself, leaving the four of us.

"So?" Kyungsoo demanded that I start.

I sighed. I guess I have no bloody choice.

"(Y/n) was someone I knew years ago. During our pre-debut. We were still trainees. I found her alone in one cafe. It was raining and she's just playing her guitar.

"That already caught my attention. I approached her there and we actually had a great time together.

"Long story short, we got to know each other as time passed by. We talked frequently that it became a part of my lifestyle already. We became best of friends.

"I introduced her to my family and she did the same. There, I found out that she has no parents anymore. Her grandparents were the ones left supporting her, and they were at the province. So basically, she's living alone in the city.

"I thought she'd be mad at me because I had little time left when it comes to talking to her when we debuted and got well-known. Our talk time became less but she didn't get mad. She understood. She always looks at my situation first before looking at hers."

I paused, smiling at that thought. I still haven't gotten over it, then. And it hurts like hell.

"I fell in love with her," I said like it's the most obvious thing in the world. "Like it's bound to happen. I didn't want to fall in love because I can't ever show it to others.

"Call me a hopeless romantic, but I want to let the whole world know that I love her. But how can I do that? I'm an idol and I can't date based on the contract. It hasn't been four years yet."

"But you planned to secretly dating her," Kyungsoo said. And it wasn't even a question.

"Yes," I said firmly. "I'm willing to and I won't even deny that."

The ring that she has is actually my ring. I made it a necklace. She asked what that is and I told her that it was my promise, and told her to remember that. That as long as she has that ring, I will fulfill my promise. And that is to date her and let the whole world know.

She doesn't know what my promise is. I just told her that I will fulfill that promise and I asked her to hold on.

"I planned to take her out weeks before we release our XOXO album. I told her we'd visit her grandparents. She was wondering why it was all of a sudden. I said I also wanted a getaway after all the practices that we had for the upcoming album. We arrived at her hometown and her grandparents gave me a warm welcome as always. We went up a hill and had a picnic there; we went jamming, singing and laughing there. She was even the one who taught me how to play some of our own songs!

"After that, I planned to bring her to the beach. I had set my surprise there and tell her how I love her, and ask her out to be my girlfriend. I know there was something between us. There was something in the way she looks at me with her sparkling eyes.

"My surprise is actually to ask her out on a cliff with an overview of the ocean. But..." I stopped myself.

It still hurts like hell and really wanted to cry and sob. I at this.

"We didn't know that there's an edge there, covered by bushes. It was the ugly side of the cliff. She fell there and she grabbed me with her since we were holding each others' hand.

"Good thing there were grass, soft grass where we fell, so our bodies didn't ache that much. There were no fractures or severe injuries in our body but... (y/n) hit her head at a rock while we were falling. I saw the blood on that big rock and there was blood on her head," I stopped while holding back a sob.

It still hurts like hell remembering that she forgot about me even though that was already two years ago.

I tried to move on but I catch myself going back to her.

I needed to hold back my tears. "I didn't know what to do. So I called for an ambulance, carried her up to where the road is...

"I felt relieved when we arrived there because they assisted us immediately. The doctor said she was in good condition.

"Yes, that was time you covered up for my 'accident', because we were supposed to have a fan meeting that's scheduled but I wasn't able to attend. You contacted me. I told you that I'm going to return right away but I didn't. That's when I told you I was at the hospital, got an accident and stayed with (y/n). That's when I refused to disclose what happened, remember?

"When she woke up, I was so happy and relieved so I rushed to her side..." I stopped myself again. I need to swallow so I could suppress my tears. "She asked me who I am. Her eyes were so innocent, like it's the first time we met again. I thought she was only kidding but when the doctor asked her information, she was able to answer who she is and who her grandparents are. She even knows that her parents are gone. But she doesn't know who the I am."

There was silence between the four of us. I know it's because they're not used to seeing me like this.

Suho-hyung looked at me with sympathy. I can feel that he felt how I hurt I am.

Kai's face can't produce any emotion. I'm sure he also doesn't know what to feel.

While on the other side, Kyungsoo remained showing his poker face.

I sighed. I continued. "The doctor said it was a partial amnesia. And it was possible to only forget something or someone very important to her."

I just smiled at the thought. I was that important to her. But she has forgotten all about me.

"But the doctor said it's also possible that she'll remember me again," I shrugged. "So I filed a medical insurance for her and her grandparents as well. As compensation. I am guilty of what happened and I blame myself. If I didn't insist that we go out, she would've not fell down that cliff.

"And of course, I know she needs a job as she lives alone her in the city. So I referred her here, I asked her friend to tell her to try applying here.

"I did that, hoping she'll remember me if we see each other often. But since I had a lot of unexpected projects, I'm rarely here with you. I was supposed to make her remember by bonding with her...

"I was about to give up and I was about to accept that my love would forever be one-sided, but I just can't. I don't want to give up.

"I planned on bonding with her. But I find it hard. Because she's really close with someone right now."

And I'm pretty sure he's in love with (y/n) now, of course. Who wouldn't fall in love with her? It's hard not to have feelings for (y/n). She's like your ideal girl already. You wouldn't ask for more.

But I didn't dare to say that out loud though. But looking at Kyungsoo right now, he knows that he's the one I'm talking about.

The reason why I'm acting like I don't care about (y/n) every time I'm here is because Kyungsoo was always there as well. I don't know how I'd make her remember if there was someone between us.

Now that Kyungsoo knows the whole story, there's no point in suppressing myself. I know he'll start competing with me for (y/n)'s attention.

How do I know Kyungsoo has feelings for (y/n) as well? Well, a while ago, when he rushed to her side, almost hugging her, isn't that a sign already?

Well, that's just one. I know that he loves her already at the way he looks at her, even from afar.

(Y/n) and I started bonding by being with each other almost all the time. Now, she and Kyungsoo are like that. Who wouldn't fall in love with her?

And I confirmed all of these when Kyungsoo looked at me with piercing eyes. He doesn't say a thing but I know what he's planning to do.

And I'll take that challenge head on.

__

A/N:

I'm sorryyyyy. I didn't want them to be fighting each other just because of a girl. Lol. I didn't want to break ChanSoo. 3 (But there's still KaiSoo, right? LOLjk)

Anyway, this is just my dream and the plot is really like that. I still hope you'll like the story!

Thanks for reading!

xoxo

Please also read my other stories!

101 – Kai x Reader (EXO | R-18)

Everything Happens for a Reason – Chanyeol x Reader (EXO | R-18)

One Night Love?! – Luhan x Reader (EXO | R-18)

Identity Change – Jinyoung x Reader (B1A4)