Chapter 1

Oblivion

Your P.O.V.

** ** **

"Kyungsoo, let me have those pictures, please?" I told Kyungsoo.

It was for the pictures of one of the events that EXO was a guest of.

Lucky rich spoiled brat paid for it, including the manager's fee and SM Ent.'s fee just to make EXO the guest of her birthday. HOW RICH IS SHE? Oh, I meant her parents.

Anyway, so they had this photobooth where the background was EXO's logo around the Exodus era.

These are the usual photobooths in every party that it's printed out right away after taking pictures. But EXO wouldn't be there with them at the pictures with them. They'd just perform. It's like a mini-concert actually.

I'm actually one of the staff at the production with EXO. It's not much like what others think. It's not a good job! You will run errands! You will go to and forth from there to here because crabbed directors and high-tempered stylists... Ugh.

It's close to being a personal assistant of EXO but not really because I'm not making errands for them. 

Well, but I do talk to them.

But, nah, it's no big deal. I'm not really a fan. How I got this job? Well, I was referred to this job and I took it because I need money. Well, everybody needs money, right? They have good compensation even just for an errand girl like me. Imagine the salary of those who are on the spot.

Kyungsoo went on disguise because he said he wanted to experience how the printing works so he was the one operating the photobooth. That was supposed to be my job.

So he was the one operating it and he's using my laptop because they asked if I could just bring mine. 

I also had my picture taken on that photobooth when the party hasn't started yet so Kyungsoo didn't have to be on disguise yet. And we have pictures together.

Well, I am talking freely to Kyungsoo because we are actually quite close now. He was the one who always finds me sulking in one corner every time I get reprimanded by their manager---which was all the time.

I don't know! Their manager seems to hate me. He doesn't even look at me when he wants me to do something. Like, what the hell did I do? I do my job well and I don't make any errors on every errand that I make. That, I'm sure of!

Sometimes, I think he has a crush on Kyungsoo and he's just jealous that I'm very close to him.

Well, besides that, Kyungsoo always talks to me on his free time and I appreciate that because it's really boring during free times. And usually I fall asleep during these times since I have nothing to do anymore.

"You already have the printed ones," Kyungsoo replied, still busy on printing stuff.

"I'm not talking about my pictures," I told him. "I'm talking about our pictures together."

Kyungsoo sighed. "You do know that we're not allowed to give out our pictures to others. Our manager doesn't allow us. Even if this is your laptop, I'm using our manager's hard drive."

I know. We're actually not allowed to take selcas with them, unless they're the one who'd initiate. But if we do have selcas with them, we aren't allowed to upload it; again, EXO should be the one to upload it.

But of course, they can't just upload anything since they also have their publicity manager. So in short, they really don't hold their account fully. They still need to ask permission if they can upload it or not.

to be an idol, right?

"Ask manager-hyung about it," he suggested.

Well, that's what I'm going to do, but I won't.

But I found myself doing it anyway. When the party was over, we moved to the next venue which is a shoot for their music video. Not the full performance, though. Only their solo shots.

But just when I was about to approach their manager, he started giving me errands until I wasn't able to ask about it anymore because the shoot will start.

So I was sulking at one corner again. I wanted those pictures. It was our memory together.

I wanted to treasure every memory I will have because sometimes, especially at night, I find myself incomplete. It seems like I'm forgetting something very, very important.

Then suddenly, someone covered my eyes from behind and said, "Stop sulking."

I knew it was Kyungsoo. I knew from his voice.

I removed his hands from my eyes and faced him and frowned.

Kyungsoo smiled and offered a hand for me to stand up. "Come here."

So I stood up. He stood at one high chair, wrapped his arms around my waist and pulled me towards him.

You think it's sweet? WELL, HELL NO.

Just kidding.

It's sweet, but it's not romantically. I never felt any romance with Kyungsoo. We're just really close friends and I know that's how he looks at me, too.

But even if it's like that, he really knows how to make my day.

He pulled out his phone and gave it to me.

I took it and looked at him with a raised brow.

"Let's take a selca here from my phone," he said. "I'll print out the pictures and I'll give them to you."

And I beamed.

Seriously, Kyungsoo! Seriously!

If I was just attracted to you romantically, I'd fall for you right at this moment!

Then Kai came in.

"Hey, stop that smooch, you're disgusting," he said.

I rolled my eyes at Kai and . "You're just jealous, Kai. Oh my gosh, Kaisoo is real!"

"That's much more disgusting, (y/n)," he stared at me with piercing eyes.

As if I'd get affected with that. I'm used to this Kaisoo duo around me so we're really close friends. And I always tease them about the Kaisoo thing because a lot of fangirls ship them.

And they just cringe at the thought.

But they still make fanservices. Of course, this was instructed by their publicity manager.

Then we do make selcas together.

Then I remembered Chanyeol. He has a shoot at Shanghai at the moment for his movie he's taking a part to and he's rarely with EXO as a whole.

When I look at Chanyeol, my eyes get blurry and I feel nausea. I don't know why. And usually, he's really aloof even if I try to get along with him. Again, I don't know why.

Maybe like their manager, he's also jealous because I'm close to Kyungsoo? Chansoo is real?

And I don't know... why every time I look at Chanyeol there's suddenly little butterflies in my stomach, that I blush in an instant. And that's why I find it hard to start a conversation with him as well. Am I having a crush on him? It was okay to have a crush on him but I must know the reason why I'm crushing on him. But those fuzzy feelings just pops out of the blue.

"Kai," I smiled faintly. "Is Chanyeol coming today?"

He suddenly gave me a teasing smile. "Miss him, don't you?"

"No!" I immediately said. "I barely talk to him, why would I miss him?"

Well, actually, quite... yes.

Kai shrugged. "I don't know if he's coming."

"Oh, okay," I sighed.

Then Kai snickers beside me. "He won't be coming."

I nodded.

Then he pointed right ahead. "Look. He won't be coming."

Then I looked at where he is looking at.

And there's Chanyeol. Standing there. Looking at us.

At me.

Then he just shook his head and started walking towards the shoot area.

Later on, Kyungsoo and Kai went to where Chanyeol is. He's playing his guitar.

I didn't want to come with them but Kyungsoo was dragging me with him.

"Kyungsoo..." I whispered and make Kyungsoo stop a bit. "I don't think Chanyeol wants me there."

"Why not?" he whispered back. "I don't see any reason why he wouldn't want you there."

I can't think of an answer so he just continued to drag me there and they started talking to Chanyeol.

I felt out of place, really.

Well, not until Kai picked up a spare guitar and asked Chanyeol how to play it.

He tried strumming it and I was annoyed, really annoyed when it was out of tune.

I tried containing it but I feel really dizzy when I hear that out of tune guitar.

I looked at Chanyeol and he wasn't acting all cold now.

He was actually looking at me with concern in his eyes, and that was the first time I saw it. And the way he's plucking the guitar was in a very uncomfortable way.

I find my cheeks heating up again because Chanyeol was staring at me so I just set my attention to Kai.

"Kai, stop strumming that guitar, it's annoying," I told him, quite coldly.

He just stared at me blankly, surprised by what I said, more about my tone of voice.

I sighed. "Give me that."

Kai handed the guitar to me and I started turning the tuning keys and make the tunes right.

It was like out of instinct.

"Do you remember now how to play guitar?" Chanyeol suddenly asked with expecting eyes.

"I... do...?" I said, quite unsure. "I think I really know how to play the guitar."

Kai laughed mockingly. "You think? So you don't know?"

I shrugged. Then made a G-chord and strummed. It sounded right. "It's on tune already, you can use it now."

Kai was surprised, and even Kyungsoo was. Kai shook his head. "I'm okay. You go play with Chanyeol. Maybe that way you could get along with each other."

Then I looked at Chanyeol. He looked away.

Kyungsoo, sensing the tense at the atmosphere, broke the ice. "Why don't you play Chanyeol, and (y/n) will just jam with you?"

Chanyeol started playing the guitar with repetitive chords so I just followed. Then the moment I got the hang of it, he started making adlibs and Kyungsoo started singing mash-ups.

Suddenly, manager called Kyungsoo and Kai so Chanyeol and I were left.

I still continued playing as he made his adlibs but then I felt a sudden pain in my head that made me stop and drop the guitar.

"Are you okay?!" Chanyeol asked as he held me, keeping me from falling from my chair.

I make myself steady a bit and looked at Chanyeol. His eyes were full of worry. And again, I found myself blush at this.

So I broke from his hold. "I---I'm fine... Thank you."

Then he held my left hand and saw my ring that was almost falling of from my ring finger. It was so big for me that I can fall off any moment.

"You still have this?" he asked.

I looked at the ring.

This was the ring that I really couldn't take off my body. It was making me remember something that it's like it's at the tip of my tongue already. But I can't remember.

"Can you remember?" Chanyeol asked again.

What? What should I remember?

"You don't..." he sighed in disappointment.

He took my hand again and removed the ring from my finger and wore it on his.

"Hey!" I shouted.

He looked at me coldly, eyes piercing. I stood a step back, didn't mean to shout at him.

"I won't give this back to you until you remember," Chanyeol said, leaving me there.

I tried to remember what I should. Did I forget something important to Chanyeol? We're not close, why should it mean a thing?

Then I feel nauseous again until all I can see is blackness.

__

A/N:

So I can't do one-shot then. Lol. Then it will be a short story, then. :))

Thanks for reading, my loves!

Please read my other stories!

101 Kai x Reader (EXO)

Everything Happens for a Reason - Chanyeol x Reader  (EXO)

One Night Love?! - Luhan x Reader  (EXO)

Identity Change - Jinyoung x Reader (B1A4)