I n f i n i t e

Cultangel

thank you for waiting.


 

 

Sunggyu blinked his eyes.

I thought something would happen soon like usual but..

Nothing happened. After he whispered that sacred word, nothing seems to come out from his soul weapon like when he used other powers. He was frustrated and whispered the healing word for a few times yet nothing changed.

Myungsoo said it could happen with any cultangels in Crysanville. Why wouldn’t it worked with Sunggyu? That healing spell. His brother couldn’t be lying to him, right? Why would he lie to his own brother? Well Sunggyu knew they were not real siblings, just accidentally had the same father but this was weird.

Cultangels would be very frustrated if they couldn’t help people, like the expression that plastered on Sunggyu’s face. The whispersong vanished into thin air when Sunggyu just couldn’t seem to find an end to his confusion yet frustration.

He sighed and he quickly went out from the room (after giving a smile to the sleeping mom) and he couldn’t wait until he met his brother, Myungsoo.

“What? You couldn’t use the healing power? Really hyung? I thought everybody in Crysanville used that and in fact we could live eternally because of that speciality of ours. We could even heal ourselves, hyung.”

“First, I wasn’t born in Crysanville. Second, because I wasn’t born there, I never knew I am a cultangel until Howon told me. Third, how could I know what is the cause of this.”

Myungsoo sighed and rubbed his face, “This is insanely weird.”

“I know, that’s why I’m going to Crysanville again.”

Myungsoo blinked to Sunggyu with a blank expression, he was sure he heard it wrong.

“Myung?”

“What did you say before, hyung?”

“I said that I will go to Crysanville to find some answers.”

“Now?”

“No, tomorrow.”

“Why so fast?”

“I need to heal her fast okay. Cancer isn’t a simple disease like flu. It’s way more complex and unfortunately it has spread on her body so it made everything worse.”

“Can I come?” Sunggyu looked at Myungsoo’s face, and he could read that the younger missed his mom a bit so Sunggyu just sighed and said okay to the younger.

After flying, both of them were arrived at the huge gate of Crysanville and the guards quickly allowed them to go in (because they were already recognized and well, famous as a hot topic) and they quickly went to the castle. They were here to find some answers first than they could meet Myungsoo’s mother, Ryu Sejung.

“Kims. What are you guys doing here?”

Sunggyu was confused when Myungsoo suddenly bowed down about ninety degree and said, “Praise the Lord, hyung we need to find why Sunggyu hyung couldn’t use his healing power. I never knew such a case before because everyone in this land seems to have the ability to do that while Sunggyu hyung didn’t.”

Yonghwa stood up and went down from his throne. His face wasn’t close to smiling yet far from a frown.  He pat Myungsoo’s shoulder. “Because your hyung has a rare case. Usually cultangels only have one power that they could only have one weapon with but Sunggyu..,” Yonghwa looked to Sunggyu and continued, “He has the blood saturate power along with his psychokinesis. He needed to do some rituals to be able to heal someone.”

“Rituals?”

Sunggyu jerked back when Yonghwa touched his chin, “The power sacrificing ritual, you sacrifice one power for another. I heard the last time this land did that ritual was kind of like a hundred year ago? I couldn’t remember but it was on my grandfather’s generation. So as you can see it is very rare.”

“Do you mean I need to lose one to have one? I already have two.”

“Well you have two powers but none of them are complete. You need to do that ritual so that you could complete a power and get that healing power. Healing power will be possessed when you have a full power.”

Sunggyu nodded, “Can you do it for me?”

“Let’s see, I might not be able to do it for a close period of time, mainly because it was a rare ritual so I need to learn about the procedure better. If I do it fast, everything will be different and you may not survive.”

Sunggyu gulped and looked to Myungsoo’s face which was blank.

“You could live here if you want to. This castle could afford both of you.”

“Well, forgive me, but I couldn’t because I should be a regular human.”

“Okay then. Please return in five days. I will be waiting on the same room I gave you your soul weapon and Kim Myungsoo,” Yonghwa returned to Myungsoo, “Please teach your brother how to treat the Lord. It’s not that I mind but the guards who saw it said that it was pretty rude.”

“Yes, sir.”

Five days had unexpectedly come around when Sunggyu was on his way to the canteen. The day before Myungsoo mentioned that he wanted to go to an academy so Sunggyu took care of his documents first because he was working his shift on that café. Now that he was finished, he wanted to fill his own stomach.

He stopped by the information section at the wall beside the toilet to see some new information. And his eyes quickly focused on one poster.

 

 

Woollim Art Academy Presents :

Woollim Band Audition

Will be held on by fourth weekend in January

There are some categories :

  • Singers
  • Keyboardists
  • Drummers
  • Guitarists
  • Bassists

If you’re interested on auditioning, you can fill the application form. The form will be available on Friday. Take it from the front office.

Signed,

Regular Band Audition Committee

 

 

Sunggyu’s eyes blinked of excitement. It was his dream to sing on a stage with some friends. It was his dream to impress his adoptive parents with his own voice. It was his purest dream since he was a child on a kindergarten. This was his moment.

Fortunately it was Friday. Sunggyu quickly ran to the front office to take the form and quickly filled it. While submitting it, he saw Nam Woohyun submitting it too but the latter didn’t seem to notice Sunggyu. Sunggyu blushed at the thought of auditioning together while sending some encouraging words to each other.

Wait, he’s not even mine! Yet!

Then something suddenly knocked his head. Today he should go to Crysanville to do some rituals so he can heal Woohyun’s mother. He was running (mainly because no one should see he could fly) to Myungsoo’s workplace and they both took the bus to the empty beach which was cultangels’ favorite place to depart. And then they flew. But they didn't realized there was someone following them.

“Kims.”

Sunggyu followed Myungsoo bowing since the younger said that cultangels needed to respect the Lord with some bowing and a phrase ‘praise the Lord’. Sunggyu didn’t see that as an important part but he did it anyways.

“So, Sunggyu. Are you ready?”

“Well, I don’t have other choices.”

“Exactly. So I’m just informing you that your power will be transferred to Myungsoo.”

“Why? You said that it would just be gone?”

“Well usually it would just be gone but after knowing that it could be transferred to other people especially if both people were bonded, I chose to give it to Myungsoo. Sunggyu, you didn’t know how weak or how strong Myungsoo is because you didn’t live here. Myungsoo may not be the strongest blood saturate power holder because he was a stepchild. Family bonds are proved to affect one cultangel’s strength. So if he got that from you, he may be as strong as you are with your psychokinesis after this ritual.”

“Okay then, but is the ritual dangerous or anything? I don’t want to have my eternal sleep this early okay.”

“No, it is actually a quite simpler than the eternal sleep spell, or may I say the simplest ritual ever. So, are you guys ready?”

Sunggyu stared at Myungsoo’s eyes while the younger did the same and nodded, they agreed.

“Ready or not, here we are.”

So Yonghwa showed his soul weapon which was called the Wargelf, it wasn’t the Lord’s weapon because the Lord’s weapon shouldn’t be showed to anyone else except the next Lord candidate. It was Yonghwa’s pure soul weapon. It was a black colored sword with a C logo on its metal.

Then he instructed Sunggyu to use his soul weapon and not for too long his Whispersong came out (of course after his eyes had become red). Yonghwa did the same too to Myungsoo. When both of their soul weapons had come out, Yonghwa swung his sword to Sunggyu’s soul weapon and quickly took something Sunggyu guessed as his blood saturate power because it shone in aqua color and moved that to the Oracle. And Yonghwa used his mind control power to control Sunggyu’s mind as the latter closed his own eyes. Yonghwa took the same aqua glow from his head to and moved that to his younger sibling.

Sunggyu opened his eyes to see none of the soul weapon was still there.

“It was finished, congratulations.”

“Now can I heal people?”

“Yes, but don’t be too obvious or you’ll be known okay.”

Sunggyu stood there helplessly in front of the hospital’s room. He could feel some anxiety built up in his insides but still he opened the door. He could see the older woman was being thinner. Sunggyu quickly locked the hospital’s door and expended his soul weapon. He took a deep breathe, and whispered the word carefully yet softly.

Healing.

He swore he could see some white glow came out from his whispersong and the glow just absorbed into Woohyun mother’s body. He quickly hid the soul weapon and came out from the room.

It was Sunday. Sunggyu could see his hands trembling so badly mainly because he never showed his singing talent in front some skillful people. He always used to sing alone in his apartment. He used to sing on a local band before but because academy was very busy he threw away the dream. He swore he was on a dilemma to keep auditioning or just go home because of the hard trembling. But a part of him was freaking sure that if he did audition, he could achieve his dream.

One thing he didn’t know was Myungsoo actually applied for the audition too. He wasn’t sure if cultangels was born with music talents but he let the younger try.

Finally it was Sunggyu’s turn to audition. When he entered the not-so-small room he could see three people. He could see his rector on the middle while he didn’t know the others. He sighed and quickly stood at the middle of the room.

“Kim Sunggyu! I didn’t expect to meet you again on this audition. So what will you sing for today?”

Sunggyu politely bowed to the rector and the remaining two, “I will sing Bruno Mars’ song, Talking to the Moon.”

“Good choice. I wish you good luck.”

The next three minutes was a turning point to Kim Sunggyu’s dream. He felt his heart sank after he saw his rector’s face. He didn’t know why but he could sense some disappointments. He just continued to sing and succeeded on singing the high notes.

Sunggyu sighed and quickly leave the room so he could breathe some fresh air. After three suffocating minutes, he guessed that his lungs didn’t operate properly so he took a walk by the small park near the academy building and sat on a bench.

He plugged on his earphones and Nell’s song. Nell was his favorite band from the K-pop trend because of their techniques. Their techniques couldn’t even be duplicated by other newer bands. They were totally awesome but nobody seems to recognize that.

He was busy humming to his favorite song until he realized someone sat beside him. He turned to see a smiling tree.

“Woohyun?”

“Sunggyu, I just wanted to tell you something.”

“And what would that be?”

“My mother has fully recovered from his cancer disease. I didn’t even know why, I guess God heard my prayers these days.”

Sunggyu felt awkward suddenly, “Uh, congratulations?”

“Thank you, Sunggyu. Maybe my mother got better because of seeing you. You could be my mother’s angel somehow.”

Sunggyu felt he was being bribed by the truth, by the real fact.

“It couldn’t be me who healed your mother, God must care enough for you. I’m happy for her and you too,” Sunggyu didn’t forget to end his words with his purest smile.

When the younger answered his smile with some words, he couldn’t feel his heart beating anymore.

Let’s go home together, he said.

He was walking in the aisle the next two days when someone shouted,

“THE BAND AUDITION ANNOUNCEMENT HAS COME OUT! ONLY FIVE PEOPLE ACCEPTED!”

He was running to the sound source and saw bunch of students clustered around the announcement board. He could hear some girls talking about his name. He wondered why. He pushed here and there to see the announcement and Sunggyu swore he could faint any other moment when he saw his own name as the official solo singer of a band formed from his academy called Infinite. It didn’t took too long to realize that Woohyun’s name and Myungsoo’s name was there too. Woohyun was the keyboardist while his younger brother was the lead guitarist of the band.

That day was the most heart fluttering day to Sunggyu. He could fulfill his own dream. He could make his adoptive parents feel proud at last. Sunggyu wasn’t the smart guy type who aced every tests on high school (well he was that smart guy on junior high school but he found his passion in high school). He didn’t like any subjects except music. He got a perfect score only for his music subject. That’s why Sunggyu wanted to show his parents that music could make a living too.

He should tell his younger brother about this happy announcement. His brother must be more than happy enough to hear this. He punched the café number and was connected to Myungsoo.

“KIM MYUNGSOO YOU ARE ACCEPTED AS THE LEAD GUITARIST OF THE BAND.”

It took about five seconds to Myungsoo to load the information and reply, “Hyung are you insane? Talk to you later okay I’m very busy at the moment.”

Sunggyu pouted when he realized that the line was cut off. So he walked to the nearest bus stop so that he could go home since he got no class at all that day. He was at the academy to register for the scholarship and shockingly to get the announcement.

When he was walking, he walked very carelessly that he did not realize someone was grabbing his wrist. He realized when the person pulled his hand. He knew that it wasn’t Woohyun’s hand. He quickly turned and he swore he could cry any time then and it didn’t take more than one second to recognize that face.

“Hey, Kim Sunggyu. Do you remember me? We need to talk.”

If it was Woohyun, Sunggyu could never disagree.

But,

It was Lee Howon.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


word count : 2512


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

hello everyone! it's namblossom again.

so i have managed myself to update and yes it's a sat-update.

i hope you guys love this chapter, it took me about five hours because i was pretty sick yesterday. well my body haven't healed properly but it got better a lot.

thank you for 90+ subscribers and 3 votes! it was beyond my imagination to have those numbers plastered on this story's foreword.

ily guys!

 

(fyi talking to the moon is my favorite western song)