Whispersong

Cultangel

Info : italic fonts → a person’s thought (mostly Sunggyu’s)


 

 

 

 

Don’t you know that cultangels could fly?

Sunggyu frowned, he didn’t know who’s voice was that but he was certain he wasn’t even daydreaming. Sunggyu was still a confused cultangel. He tried thousand times to find answers but he couldn’t because his parents were humans. Well everyone in his society was (at least he thought like that).

So Sunggyu decided to go to cultangel’s homeland, Crysanville. But he just didn’t know how to go there. They don’t even have any airport. There isn’t any transportation. Is it because they could fly? But why can’t I? This is so confusing.

He practiced to fly after he went back from school. But he couldn’t. His power came out in the end and he lifted his bike. Sunggyu (after years of practices) could control his power, psychokinesis. But he just knew the fact that he could fly from such noises before.

He was reminded about his parents who adopted him, he wanted to tell them everything on his mind right then but he couldn’t because first, Sunggyu thought they wouldn’t even believe any creatures beside humans and second, they thought Sunggyu was not gay.

That day, when Sunggyu was thinking so hard about every confusions he had, he realized that his feet was not on the ground. He was flying.

A 20-years-old Kim Sunggyu was living in his own apartment. It made him more independent than before since he started working at some café to pay the tuition fee and the rent. He didn’t want his parents too bother about him because he had already been an adult. Of course he sometimes missed them because they were so close (his parents were very kind too) but he knew he should learn how to live on his own feet.

That day he took a day off from work. He went to a private beach where there were only sea and sands. Crysanville. Sunggyu wanted to go there. To find some answers. To find the fact if he was really something un-human (well the power he had was certainly unhuman but he was still hesitated).

How if I lose my energy when I fly above the sea?

He was ready to fly but he hesitated. He didn’t know how far he could fly. He didn’t know how long he could stand seeing only a blue sky and water. He wanted to pack everything (just in case he fainted at the trip) but he forgot to bring everything in the end and he was too lazy to get back to his apartment. So he gave up and just fly to where his body brought him. He didn’t even think about the directions because his body was out of his control.

Is that Crysanville?

After spending about three hours (well three minutes to be exact), he saw a land, with a very huge black gate. The gate was guarded by two armed men. They brought something like a sword but it showed a red shine. Sunggyu was afraid to go in but he needed to.

“Hey boy. Stop there. Who are you?”

Sunggyu was flustered when one of the armed men asked him, “I’m Kim Sunggyu. I needed to know about.. myself.”

The guard was blinking his eyes, shocked. “Kim Sunggyu? You’re really that freaking Kim Sunggyu?”

Sunggyu was hesitated but he still nodded.

“You can go in then.”

The guard rose his sword and the gate automatically opened. Sunggyu thanked the guards before going in. The first thing he looked at after he passed the gate was forest. It was surely a big forest so Sunggyu decided to fly again. Not so long after he flew he could see a castle. The castle was big, he wasn’t sure what or who was in there. Maybe the Lord is in there?

He arrived at the castle’s entrance and when the guards didn’t say anything he just decided to go in. he was welcomed by a not-so-dark sight. He stood on a red carpet which its side was decorated by candles. The candles were a bit different from the usual candle because the fire was bright red. Sunggyu didn’t know why but he chose not to think about it.

Kim Sunggyu?

Sunggyu startled and looked above. There was someone sitting on a throne. Sunggyu guessed that the person must be the Lord.

“Y-yes?” Gosh why did I stutter.

“Finally, you came back.”

The person came down from the throne and the dim light was slowly showing his face. Sunggyu could sense some familiarity from his face but he couldn’t recognize who was it. He thought the person was handsome just like some actors or singers and looked very kind.

“Uh.. not trying to be rude but I was so confused about everything.”

The person chuckled, “You should be because you were thrown away by your parents since you were born. Well to be exact they were put into eternal sleep in the previous Lord's period.”

“E-eternal sleep?”

“Yes, eternal sleep is a spell that only could be done by the Lord. It was similar to die in human’s world but in the end cultangels could live again. My brother to be example, he was trying to destroy humans and had been put into eternal sleep five hundred years ago yet he just woke up like a month ago? I couldn’t even remember,” The person chuckled.

“Then what did my parents do to be put into eternal sleep?

The person seemed hesitated but still answered, “They didn’t do anything bad, they protected Crysanville and failed. You know the vampires?” Sunggyu nodded. “They were attacking us that time and your parents without hesitation came into the battlefield. True that Crysanville wasn’t even claimed by those vampires but your parents kind of ‘died’ so they just automatically put into the eternal sleep without the Lord’s permission.”

Sunggyu stood there felt so helpless because he just didn’t know anything about his real biological parents.

“Who are you?”

“Ah, I even forgot to introduce myself. I’m Jung Yonghwa, the current Lord. “

Sunggyu raised one of his eyebrows, “Shouldn’t I bow or something?”

“Yes but since you didn’t know anything about this world I just let it go. Come with me. I need to show you something.”

Yonghwa talked to a guard and then he led Sunggyu to a room filled with many absurd things. It seemed like blades and stuffs like that.

“Your parents were very faithful to my father, the previous Lord, so my father granted them both the soul weapon. As for your father, he had this Whispersong for his psychokinesis power. And as for your mother she was granted the Oracle for her blood saturate power,” Yonghwa handed Sunggyu the so called Whispersong. It looked like a magic stick with some kind of ornaments here and there.

It is so cool.

“And as for the oracle.. I handed it to someone else that might come soon.”

Sunggyu frowned. He wondered who was it but he couldn’t protest because he was facing the Lord. The freaking Lord.

“You have a bit of blood saturate power though, you just didn’t realize it. Blood saturate is a power where you can use someone’s energy to destroy the person when his or her blood dripped. You touched the blood and if you put it on the person’s head, the blood will eat its owner.”

Sunggyu just nodded when there was a loud bang from the door. Another man came into the scene.

“Ah Hyung, I’m sorry there was a problem with the training when Jinki called me but I got it fixed thoug- Who is this?”

Yonghwa sighed and brought the man’s hand to handshake Sunggyu, “Myungsoo I would like to introduce you to your stepbrother, Kim Sunggyu. Sunggyu, this is Myungsoo. There was an accident between your father and Ryu’s family and Myungsoo is the proof. Your mother was a Ryu and the woman your father had an accident with was your mother’s cousin. And yes, I handed the oracle to him because he had a full blood saturate power.”

Sunggyu blinked, still processing the information through his head while Myungsoo greeted him with his best smile, “Hyung! I’ve been looking forward to meeting you since I never know anything about my own brother. People always told stories while I don’t even know anything.”

“Me too. I don’t even know I’m related to the cultangel things before.”

Yonghwa snapped, “How could you find out that you’re a cultangel?”

Sunggyu stared a bit and answered, “I met a vampire. He said that I’m a cultangel and from then I started to find out a bit but still my knowledge isn’t complete. That’s why I come here.”

Myungsoo shrieked, “VAMPIRE?”

“Tell me who is the vampire guy, Sunggyu,” Yonghwa said with such a low voice.

“Lee Howon.”

Then both of them exchanged stares to each other and sighed, “Is the person still around you or somewhere?”

“He moved to another country recently, why?”

“He was one of the vampires that attacked Crysanville.”

And Sunggyu almost fainted.

Sunggyu got along with Myungsoo very well. He felt some invisible connection with the younger, maybe because they had a same dad. Myungsoo seemed very sincere and friendly to him. He could see a glimpse of happiness mixed with some disappointments when they talked about family. Sunggyu told Myungsoo that he himself is a family to Myungsoo and the younger gladly accepted it.

Sunggyu just found out some facts. First, the soul weapon would vanish into thin air if you didn’t need to use it. When you need to use it, you need to whisper the soul weapon’s name. Second, Myungsoo wanted to go with him as a regular human because he was bored at Crysanville training some juniors. Third, Hoya was actually the king of vampires now and his presence was very much disliked by all of the cultangels because of his dad’s attempt on attacking cultangels before. Fourth, Cultangels could do some mind control to other creatures  except humans.

Sunggyu was introduced to some people, included Myungsoo’s mom, Ryu Sejung. He found out that Sejung was a cousin from his grandfather’s sibling. She looked like she could kneel in front of Sunggyu anytime because she was feeling the guilt since his dad had been put into eternal sleep along with his mom.

“Mom, it’s okay. It’s not your fault, it had happened. Don’t be sorry, Hyung forgave you already, right Sunggyu hyung?” Sunggyu nodded at Myungsoo’s remark. Myungsoo’s mom should be his mom too now. And his parents were put into eternal sleep so why should he be angry?

Myungsoo was asking the permission to go to the usual human world from his mom and his mom agreed to that and actually wanted to go as well (but Myungsoo forbade her because she already passed the soul weapon to Myungsoo that she couldn’t even protect herself and she needed to take care of her health).

And now they were going to the Lord’s castle again. (to be exact they were flying) And by the time they went there the Lord already knew about Myungsoo’s plan and lazily let Myungsoo do whatever he wanted to do. Yonghwa said that he could order someone else (maybe more skillful than Myungsoo) to train the juniors.

So here they were, flying all the way above the Pacific sea from Crysanville to The Republic of South Korea. Sunggyu was glad because there was someone else to accompany him when he was all alone in his modest apartment. Myungsoo knew that Sunggyu was adopted and he said that he wanted to meet them without telling that he was Sunggyu’s stepbrother. Sunggyu could just agree and smile.

Two weeks has passed since his visit to Crysanville. Sunggyu was studying at Woollim Art Academy and that day he was called to the rector’s room. He was shocked at first but he agreed to go yet he couldn’t deny the fact that he was nervous.

Sunggyu let out his last sigh and knocked at the door, the door suddenly opened and showed him the very happy face of his rector. Sunggyu wondered why.

“Come, Kim Sunggyu! Sit down.”

Sunggyu silently obeyed the instructions and the older showed him some documents. The documents was his score report for the previous period. He frowned because he didn’t know what was all of this about.

“You are going to be offered a scholarship because of your brilliant knowledge and interest in music. And you’re very honored to be offered that by your own university’s rector. The scholarship itself was a program I made for people who are very talented or students who couldn’t afford the cost to study here. I hope you can accept this because it’s very limited and not all of the students got that.” Dongwoo winked and handed a small envelope with some documents to Sunggyu. Sunggyu politely bowed and quickly excused himself from the rector’s room. He eyed the small envelope and decided to open it at home after he had finished accompanying Myungsoo who was trying to find a job.

Myungsoo was accepted as a barista in a small coffee shop (mainly because of his god looks and the owner seemed to love him as well). Sunggyu was happy for him. Fortunately, Myungsoo already understood some parts of this human world so Sunggyu needn’t explain all the lectures he had in this human world. The younger wanted to help the older to pay for the apartment’s rent because he was living there too so he decided to find some work. Sunggyu said he was okay paying it alone but the younger insisted.

When they were walking home, they talked about Sunggyu’s work. Sunggyu had been a part-time chef for about a year in a small café located downtown. He didn’t mind at all, he just wanted to survive living without the help from his adoptive parents. He wanted to be autonomous.

Suddenly Myungsoo stopped walking, it made Sunggyu stopped as well.

“Myung? Why did you stop so suddenly?” Sunggyu tilted his head a bit to the right because he just didn’t seem to find anything wrong.

Myungsoo looked at his surroundings, glanced here and there, “I could sense other creatures, intimidating one. I don’t know where it is but I think we are close.”

“How can you sense it?”

“Nah that hyung, you need to find that yourself. I already had so many experience that’s why I could sense other creatures aura. Humans have no aura at all, cultangels have a goldish white aura and the others just a dark colored aura. Let’s just go home, I’m not feeling any good about my senses.”

Sunggyu quietly agreed, he could see some sincerity from Myungsoo’s eyes.

Myungsoo and Sunggyu had just started to quicken their pace when Suddenly a man appeared in front of them bringing a big sword that was glowing with dark-blue shine.

“You damn cultangels, why don’t you guys just die?”

It happened so fast, the guy directed the sword to Sunggyu when Sunggyu dodge the attack and took Myungsoo by his hands while running.

Hyung, who is that person?”

“I don’t know, he won’t be good. Maybe he was the one you sensed about.”

Suddenly they heard a laugh from their front side and saw the same guy with the same big sword again.

“Filthy things like you shouldn’t even dodge my attack. I guess you are skillful enough, huh?”

Damn it. He has the teleportation power, Sunggyu thought. He looked to his surroundings, there were still few people at that location. Sunggyu and Myungsoo couldn’t just show their soul weapon and fight him there because the people might be damaged.

Whispersong could make you invisible, Gyu.

Sunggyu wasn’t mistaken, the same voice.

You can use it to protect you and your blood-related brother. Just whisper the power’s name.

He couldn’t care less. He whispered his soul weapon’s name and it successfully appear.The guy seemed a bit flustered but then he suddenly teleported at Myungsoo’s back. That’s when Sunggyu whispered the keyword.

Invisible.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


 Word count : 2695


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

Hello again guys. Its namblossom back again with another Sat-update.

First of all, I wanted to say thank you for 40+ subscribers! I never had such a many subscribers. I love you guys so so so much ❤

And as I promised in the last chapter, I’ve written a longer chapter. I spent approximately two and a half hours to finish this. I hope you guys like it.

By the way, my school schedule was suddenly getting so hectic LMAO. I already had my practice exams from wednesday until yesterday. I woke up all night just to study because the materials are so many! I even drank three cups of coffee yesterday because I couldn’t resist my sleepiness. I think I overwork myself /sobs/.

/back to the real topic/ Please tell me what do you think about this chapter on the comment section down below! You can leave your suggestions, your personal story, or anything tbh.

Thank you.

 

 

 

 

*Visit me on Twitter : http://www.twitter.com/adoreifnt