Sunggyu's Past

Cultangel

It was break time at Seoul Primary School. Students were running to the playground with their friends. Little Sunggyu walked outside with his cute yellow backpack and inhaled some scent from the Lavender plants near the primary school building. Then he sat under an apple tree. He opened his backpack, took a storybook and started to read. He thought that if he could, he wanted to live in fantasy world, he wanted to live freely as what he wanted to be.

The storybook was telling Sunggyu about a prince who had been looking for his soulmate and actually found it. The soulmate was trapped at the vampire mansion in the dark meadow. But the prince could make it and found his soulmate. Litte Sunggyu smiled.

When he finished his storybook, he put it back into his backpack and grabbed his lunchbox. His stepmother made it. He was abandoned by his real parents from such a young age. As far as he could remember, he was already in the orphanage with other orphans when he was around 4 years old. Then some young parents with no child  had adopted him for being so cute and here he was, schooling like a regular person.

Sunggyu puffed his cheeks because the food didn’t taste that good. He admit, his mother wasn’t the best cook. But he was grateful enough to have a mother that cared about him. At least about food.

Little Sunggyu decided to go to the small field and when he was arrived he saw an athletic boy running, playing soccer with his friends. He was no other than Lee Howon, Sunggyu’s first love. Sunggyu sat at the bench and ate his lunch while watching Howon playing soccer.

By the time Sunggyu finished his food, Howon was finished too. Howon saw Sunggyu and waved. The child’s cheek turned to a pink shade. Sunggyu wanted to confess to Howon from such a long time but he had no courage because Howon might not have the same ual preference.

Sunggyu saw his love walking towards him. He blinked once, twice, and the boy still walked. Sunggyu’s cheek turned into a dark red shade because he’s so shy. He had never talked to Howon before. But then Howon suddenly grabbed Sunggyu’s hand and pulled him. Sunggyu just stared blankly at him while bringing his lunchbox together with him.

They were on the primary school’s flower garden. Sunggyu was still confused. When they stopped, Sunggyu was facing Howon’s back. (Howon had a nice back and for Sunggyu it was totally okay).

“You’re not just a helpless human, aren’t you?”

Sunggyu blinked, still not knowing where will this conversation go. He already lived for 10 years in this world and he totally believed he’s a human.

“You’re a cultangel, Sunggyu.”

“C-cultangel?”

Howon sighed and turned his body facing Sunggyu, “You really don’t know about the other world? Vampires? Werewolves? Cultangels?”

Sunggyu slowly nodded. He was feeling a bit frightened because Howon was actually glaring at him after asking that question.

“You’re a cultangel, a very holy and sacred creature that was sent to this helpless world to protect human being. I could say they were the peace maker. They came far away from the Crysanville. All of the cultangels had power. You… just haven’t realized it yet.”

Sunggyu was still confused. He thought that those creatures were only existed on the story books.

“Maybe you don’t know this.. I’m a vampire, Sunggyu. I usually human’s blood, but in school I resist because I’m afraid people will know my identity. My father is the current king of the vampires. Vampire is cultangel’s enemy, you know? We human’s blood which means we need to kill them to survive living while you are protecting humans. We’re basically fated to be enemy, not to be lovers,” Sunggyu gulped. How could Howon know about his feeling?

“I know your feeling because you gave that…vibe. Look, I may have the same ual preference but we’re basically enemy.”

‘How could Howon be so mature?’ Sunggyu thought.

“H-h-how do you know that I’m a c-cultangel?”

“Don’t you realize something? You never commit a sin, Gyu. You’re too kind. And your eyes when you wanted to protect someone… Ah, nevermind. Just… don’t talk to me again, okay?”

And that time Howon left Sunggyu stood there feeling helpless. The boy put his hand to his chest. It hurts here. A tear slipped to his cheek and he brushed it off with his hands. I guess this is what people call with heartbreak.

Sunggyu ran to his house crying. He didn’t care anymore. His mom was shocked to see her son crying so bad.

“Sunggyu.. why are you? Tell mom?” His mom hugged his son and Sunggyu cried terribly hard until his tears wet his mother’s t-shirt.

Sunggyu chose to stay silent and keep crying. His mom didn’t know about his ual preference so he just stay closed. He was afraid his parents might be very angry and escorted him outside.

Little Sunggyu was gone because he had been growing a lot. It had been three years since Hoya’s rejection. They went to the same junior high school. Sunggyu wasn’t popular because he chose not to. He didn’t want the fact that he was a cultangel spread. For those three years he had learnt about the cultangels, the powers, the lifestyle, everything. But the thing was he couldn’t use his power yet. He just didn’t know how. He wanted to use it but he didn’t know who to ask.

Sunggyu started to grow some liking to music. Everytime he sang, he always forgot the fact that he was a cultangel and he enjoyed himself. He was admitted to a local band that sometimes performed at cafés. He aced every tests too. The principal even wanted him to attend the Olympiad but Sunggyu refused. He just didn’t want to stand out.

Howon on the other side was very famous. Girls were chasing him like crazy because he could dance and sing well. He even could rap too. And he started to grow some disliking to Sunggyu because of his family’s philosophy. Sunggyu didn’t care about that. Since vampire has a contrary mission, he just didn’t want to befriend with vampires.

Everytime Sunggyu and Howon passed at the hall, Howon never wanted to look at him. Sunggyu was okay, in fact he already moved on. He was grateful he could move on easily and not being a crybaby because of the heartbreak.

Sunggyu liked to spend most of his breaktime in the library or at the rooftop. He liked to sit at the rooftop because the breeze made his heart feel comfortable. No one ever accompany him at the rooftop until one day.

It was his finale year on high school when he sat at the rooftop while eating his lunchbox and reading a textbook (because he was going to face some kind of high school entrance test). Than the door to the rooftop banged loudly. He saw a boy, maybe a junior for Sunggyu, being kicked here and there by four boys. The boy’s face was familiar, than Sunggyu remembered. He must be the captain for the soccer club. Sunggyu still went to the field to watch some soccer (since Hoya never played soccer anymore) and he always saw this boy aced every plays.

“I think we need to break your feet so you couldn’t ace soccer, huh?”

“You should be more polite to us as your senior!”

“Nam Woohyun, you’re going to get it for embarrassing me!” it was Lee Teuk, the ex captain for the soccer club.

Sunggyu hesitated. He was on a strategic place because he was sitting beside the warehouse, He couldn’t be seen by the kicking boys. But he didn’t know what to do. He wanted to protect that boy. The boy was unconscious already.

Than all of sudden Sunggyu’s eyes turned as red as blood. He had lost his mind. He was still seating on the same spot when he lifted his hand to a trashcan near the boys and direct it to one of the boys. And the trashcan threw itself to the boy’s head. The boy fell to the floor unconsciously.

No one realized Sunggyu’s act until he already quelled three boys except Lee Teuk. Lee Teuk was trembling so hard realizing the fact that he was alone and he ran out from the rooftop.

Then Sunggyu realized. It was my power? Wow.

Sunggyu ran to Woohyun and he saw blood dripping from his head. He’s so handsome. Sunggyu carried the boy to the school clinic and waited for him.

That’s when Woohyun was awake.

“Uhh.. where am I?”

Sunggyu couldn’t bear any cuter creature than him, “School clinic, you were kicked by some boys.”

Woohyun nodded lightly, “You were the one who saved me?”

“I only carried you here.”

“Ah, I see. Thank you so much,” Woohyun smiled. That smile made Sunggyu’s heart beating like there was no tomorrow.

That day was a turning point for Sunggyu. It's the first time he used his power and it's the day where he fell for Woohyun. He always watched soccer from then and he was very happy because Woohyun always waved to Sunggyu everytime he finished his play.

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 


word count : 1550


 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

 

hello everyone! its namblossom

i'm back with an update~ sorry if it's to short (well its only sunggyu's past, i promise the next chapters will be longer and i will include many interesting things lol)

please tell me down below, what do you think about this story.

thank you. :)