#3

♥ Falling in love with a friend ♥ [Ryeowook's POV]

CHAPTER THREE:

You are not alone

 

***

I want to confess all of my heart like a man,

You’d better catch my heart,

you’d better know my heart baby.

"I don't wan't to go home yet Wookie." She pleaded as she gave me those irresistible pout of hers. I sighed as I looked down on her frowning face. We just got off from the bus and were now going home because apparently, it's getting dark. And the snow's freaking getting us cold by now.

"Jiyoon-ah. Don't be such a brat." I noted as I continuously walked heading to her house a few meters ahead. She mumbled a silent curse before catching up with me.

"But you know Appa and Umma's fighting. I don't wanna be there and hear all their shoutings." She nudged my muffler repeatedly as I stopped on my tracks and looked directly to her almost teary eyes.

"I don't want to be alone yet." She finally said lowly as she lowered her head as well. I pitifully stared at her as small drips of snow messed the top of her head, making it visible with her jet black hair.

I heavily breathed out before soothing her into a tight hug. She held onto me as I could feel her warmth wrapping my entire body. Muffled sound could be heard as she tried to keep herself from crying. Aigoo. My best chingu's such a cry baby.

If only I can, I so want to take her home with me.

And I'm not being erted at all alright?

"Listen bestie. Once you got home, head directly to your room and call me." I told her as I carefully pulled her away from me. Still holding bothe of her shoulders, I noticed her red swollen eyes and wiped them off with the back of my hands.

"Arasseo Wookie. Gomawo." She thanked me before clinging her arms to mine. I tapped her head gently before we started walking through the white cloudy road.

I wanted to confess so badly. But seeing her current condition now.

I supposed this isn't the right time.

***

I want to give my love that is more than love

I will slowly and slowly give you all my heart.

I like everything about you

Please stay with me...

sometimes like friends, sometimes like lovers.

 

After such a long talk with her, I finally settled myself off and laid on my fluffy bed. I sighed thinking about Jiyoon. She's very unfortunate to have such family issues. To think that she's my very ideal girl. Aigoo.

My heart started to flutter as I realized how much I like her.

No. I love her.

It's been so long since I met her.

FLASHBACK***

(narrator's POV)

"What's your name?" It was one winter night when a girl with a very dark hair tied in a tight bun approached a young boy about the same age as hers. She smiled widely seeing how cute the boy was and sat beside him on the playground swing.

The boy started crying making the girl abruptly freaked out.

"Hey. What's wrong?" She asked worriedly with a squeaky voice. She stood up from her seat as she crouched down to see the lowered face of the boy. The boy kept crying though he tried to muffle down his whimpering. The girl heaved out a sigh and gave him her sweet smile.

"Do you know what I do when I get sad and was about to cry?" She asked the boy as the boy slightly looked up to her and managed to crack a word.

"What?" He croaked as the young girl shifted her glance away from him. She paused before speaking and then held the boy's hand, which made him blush for some unknown reason.

"I press my wrist." She said as she firmly pressed the young boy's wrist.

"When I feel like crying but I don't wanna do so, I grasp on my wrist and firmly pressed it as I breathed evenly. Listening to my own pumping pulse, I could always say that I'm not alone. At least I have myself to hold on." She dismissed the grip which made the young boy kind of weakened.

"You are never alone." She lowly muttered as the young boy felt his cheeks heated again.

"Try it yourself." She chortled as she wiped the sticky cheeks of the boy before giving him a warm smile. The boy reached for his wrist and pressed the pressure point, instantly gaining the sense of relief he had felt a moment ago.

"I'm Han Jiyoon." She held out her hand as the young boy gratefully shook it with his.

"I'm Kim Ryeowook."

END OF FLASHBACK***

I grabbed my wrist and felt the lonely feeling drifting away.

I loved her ever since she told me I'm not alone.

She's my best friend. My first friend since I got to live in Seoul.

The first ever person who treated me special.

And I can't afford to lose her now. or ever.

"If I confess and got rejected, will everything change between us?" I mumbled to myself before I heard something or rather, someone knocking on my glassy window. I got up and peered outside the window, only to find Jiyoon, climbing towards it.

Aigoo. What is she doing here now?

***