Revenge

A Marriage Contract


Chapter 004: Getting revenge by doing the marriage contract

 

"What was that all about? Why do I have to get married to Lee Jonghwa!"
"True! Are you out of your mind, Granny? Wake up! We promised to solve this when Naeun comes back!"
"Two of you just stop and listen to me."

There was no way, I was going to get married to this guy. After the party Jonghwa and I stomped inside the old lady's room and started to complain. I didn't want to believe the situation at all because I had Sangbae by my side. I didn't get why she had to say that at the first time. Jonghwa and I were glaring at eachother while fighting back and there was the old lady trying to calm us down. 

"Please sit down first, Jonghwa you too."
"I will sit ofcourse because we aren't finished talking yet. This doesn't make any sense right now!"
"I know what you mean. But, I couldn't do anything at that situation but to say that. Yes. I will tell you the truth of what happened. Jonghwa here went to Korea and sold the most expensive item which was his fathers and you saw the woman at the party who was talking to you, right? She bought that item. We couldn't say that it was an accident that we want the item back. Also, that family also has a young couple who just got married so we wanted to get close to her by doing the same for Jonghwa but the girl of his didn't come which the plan didn't work out. So I couldn't say no, when the woman thought that you were his wife. I'm sorry."

The old lady was talking to me with her serious expression, even her voice was deep, but I could tell her that her eyes were shaking. I felt sorry for her but this wasn't the right way to solve the problem and after looking at her like this I didn't have any other way to talk back to her. But Jonghwa was still complaining glaring at his grandmother.

"But, what are you going to do now. That woman isn't an ordinary person!"
"So... I am asking you a favour. For a month can you just pretend that you got married to my grandson?"
"What?!!"

Again, Yonghwa and I was shocked to hear what she said that we both got up from our seats. But the old lady as always stayed calm. We were just glaring at each other again, while trying to think of a way to get out of this situation.

"Please. I will pay you for the work. If we go telling the woman that it was all a lie and apologise, then our reputation will go down."
"Granny! Seriuosly, what's wrong with you? Don't you even care about Naeun anymore?"
"That's why you idiot! Who told you to sell the item without asking! It's only for a month. If you wait for a month, before you graduate I will let you marry Naeun and I won't even mind if you go to Japan or America."
"I have someone I like as well!"
"I'm really sorry. I will give you a day to think about it. Please. I know that money can't do anything but please just for a month. There will be nothing against the laws, I promise you. Just until the day, the woman leaves our house."

 

/

 

I went back to my room without a word. I just lean my back on the door and started to think which gave me a headache of what I was suppose to do about this whole thing. If I think about the old lady, I feel really sorry for her if I reject her offer. Because all she think about is her grandson and the item that he sold. She's been begging me all this time but if I think about Sangbae I also feel sorry for him for thinking about doing the marriage contract. I pulled my hair because I still haven't decided on what to do.

"Aish... Kim Sangbae... this is all your fault... It happened because I came here looking for you..."

 

/

 

+ Next day 10:00 AM

 

There was a knock on the door.

"Yah. Are you awake? I'm coming in."

The person who knocked on the door was Lee Jonghwa. I couldn't sleep at all that I slept less than an hour, so I was awake this early in the morning. I also thought about how Jonghwa would look like, well... ofcourse he couldn't sleep as well.

"Come in."

Jonghwa opened the door and walked inside the room. Yes, I was right. It looked like he didn't have any sleep at all. Jonghwa came inside the room with a medium sized Ivory coloured box with ribbon wrapped around it and walked towards me. He put the box down on the bed and looked at me.

"What is that?"
"Clothes. Later, the woman and her family is coming over to have breakfast with us. Don't worry, I will go by your decision. Granny will accept me and Naeun to get married, and told me that we can go anywhere to live so to me it's a good offer. Wear that when you come down to eat. It's now your turn to decide everything."

Jonghwa turned his back on me and left the room. I just looked at the box he left on the bed. What am I suppose to do... someone tell me what to do please.

 

/

 

"Welcome, Jimin-yang."
"Welcome~ your dress is so pretty! But Jimin-yang is more prettier than the dress."
"T-thank you."

I walked towards the round table and there was only two empty spots. Without a word I walked towards where Jonghwa and sat down next to him. I have to tell them. How do I have to tell them. Jonghwa was looking at me worried and same as the old lady, she was smiling but I can see in her eyes that she was worried.

"Excuse me, I need to tell you something..."
"What is it, Jimin-yang?"
"Um... the thing is..."
"Mother!"

When I was about to tell the woman the truth, a guy came in the kitchen calling out the word mother with the girl next to him. It was Sangbae. Kim Sangbae. As soon as I saw him, it felt like my heart stopped beating. I was just staring at Sangbae in disbelief. Sangbae who also saw me after showed that he was shocked to see me here.

"Why did you come late. Oh, this is my son Kim Sangbae, and his wife Kim Youngah."
"H-hello... I am Kim Sangbae..."
"Nice to meet you, I am Kim Youngah!"

Nothing came into my eyes but Sangbae. He couldn't even look into my eyes that he kept on looking at something else. The old lady and Jonghwa stood up from his seat while greeting them back.

"Jimin-yang? Are you feeling okay?"
"Yes... I'm fine..."
"Let's sit down and eat first."
"Yes. We should."

Everyone sat back down on their seats and started to eat. As always the old lady and Jonghwa was busy eating while looking at me and there was me who couldn't take my eyes away from Sangbae. I couldn't believe that the guy I was looking for was infront of me, that I didn't want to believe what I was seeing now. I thought that this might be an illusion because I missed him so much but It wasn't. It wasn't an illusion.

"Oh yeah, Jimin-yang. What was the thing that you wanted to tell me?"
"Oh... that is... well... um... I just wanted to tell you to take good care of us... that we will also take good care of you for a month too..."
"Sure, you two look good together. So, I heared that you got married few days ago?"
"... yes..."

I didn't want to admit it, I wanted to tell the woman the truth but the betrayal that Sangbae gave me and the revenge that I want to do made me spit the words out that I shouldn't be saying. At that moment, I felt like tears were going to come out that I couldn't stay in the kitchen anymore.

"Excuse me, I think I should leave... I''m sorry..."
"No, It's alright. Are you okay?"
"Yes, I am... Jonghwa-ah, I'm going..."

I made my leave out of the kitchen and walked where my legs could take me which was a bench outside the house. I just wanted to go any place where I can not see Sangbae, while I was thinking about this and that, someone grabbed hold of my wrist and turned me around to face him. It was Jonghwa.

"Yah. Are you serious about this?"
"Yeah... she said she will pay me for this... so might as well do it."
"But why. Well that doesn't matter. I knew you wouldn't reject granny's offer but I was abit surprised?"

I just stood there facing down.

"Hey, but really... is it because of money? Wait... are you crying?"

As soon as he asked if I was crying, tears rolled down my cheeks. Jonghwa didn't know what to do that he was just looking at me crying until he tapped my back and because of that I couldn't stop crying. He was just tapping my back but it felt like he was saying that I could cry as much as I want.

 

/

 

"So. Your boyfriend was him? And you came here to look for him?"
"Yes..."
"He's a bastard. I should have just kicked him out of the house if I knew that!"
"... let's forget about this and for the month, let's try our best!"

I put my fist up at him while smiling at him and Jonghwa who saw that started to laugh and then stopped as his body stiffened. I looked him in the eyes and he came back to the Jonghwa who once I knew as his eyes turned cold.

"Yah, Lee Jonghwa. What's wrong..."
"Shin Jimin."

The reason why Jonghwa was acting that way was because of Kim Sangbae. He was walking towards us. I was just staring at him. Sangbae seemed like he was trying to keep calm as he walked towards us, trying to not show his feelings. Then he stopped infront of me.

"When did you come to Paris."
"It's none of your business."
"When did you get married."
"Why do you need to know all this?"

I acted like I didn't care about him anymore, that as calm as I could I spoke back to him while glaring back at him. Sangbae who heard my word seemed to be absurd then he just let out a sigh and grabbed my wrist trying to pull me to a place where we could talk privately.

"Let go of me. If your wife see this, she's going to be angry, Isn't she?"
"I got something to tell you. Come."
"Yah. Don't you have eyes? Can't you see that me, Shin Jimin's husband is next to her."

Lee Jonghwa pulled me back towards him and stood infront of me and glared at Sangbae with his cold eyes.

"I don't care if you guys were dating or not. But Shin Jimin and I are married. She is my wife. You know the different between couple and marriage right? I hate someone like you who can't even protect your own girl. Go protect your girl who you are with now. Don't you ever touch my girl like that."
"Lee Jonghwa, you've grown. Bastard."
"Shut up. You listen..."
"Sangbae-ah!"

Before it could get any worse, there was a clear voice calling out for Sangbae which seemed to be like his wife Kim Youngah. She looked innocent and cute. Ofcourse again I start to compare myself with her and I knew that she was much better than me. While calling Sangbae's name, she came running towards him.

"What are you doing here? Oh? Hi~"
"Good that you are here. I'm done here. Lee Jonghwa, I'm going to my room."

I turned my back on them and went inside the house walking towards the room that I have to use for a month now. Yes, I finally did it. Getting my revenge by doing the marriage contract. I just need to do this for a month and it will be all over. I will have a lot of money by then. I don't care anymore. I can survive. But... I still can't believe that... Sangbae got married...