Conspiracy

A Marriage Contract


Chapter 003: This whole thing is a conspiracy!

 

We were just staring at each other for a long time. Then he let my wrist go and began to walk up the stairs again and there was me who just followed behind him without a word. Suddenly he turned his back to face me with an annoyed expression. 

"Why are you keep following me, go back to your room."
"I don't even know where my room is."
"What?"
"How do you want me to find my room in this huge house? Can't you take me there?"
"I don't know. I have to go somewhere because I got something else to do. I don't care anymore if you are going to follow me or not."

He didn't even bother listening to my reply and began to walk through the hall way. Then  he turned to his left to go inside this big room. I didn't know if I should follow him inside or not, but then I had no choice that I followed him inside. I was so shocked when I walked inside because there was a lot of other people who was around his age.

"Yah, Lee Jonghwa, what were you doing- hey, who's the girl?"
"None of your business. What were you guys doing?"
"Waiting for you ofcourse. But seriously, who is she?"

I felt so awkward standing infront of many guys that I just faced the floor near the entrance. Jonghwa didn't really care about me coming inside the room that he just walked towards the sofa and sat where all the others were sitting at and was reading through the music sheet. I thought he was just joking about what he said before but he really only does his work.

"Excuse me, who are you?"
"M-me?"
"Yes, you!"
"Um, well... I am the person who got help from that Lee Jonghwa..."
"Jonghwa? Oh~ what kind of help?"

The people around here all looked like they were from a rich family, and also good looking. Plus the guy who is asking me who I am looked more prettier than a girl as he had the cat like eyes.

"Should I say...  he saved my life?"
"What? Saved your life?"
"Yeah... well... something like that..."

All the guys looked at Jonghwa as if they couldn't believe it. Then they started to saying that they admire him, and tapped his shoulders playfully. I felt like running away from this awkward situation. I wasn't used to this at all. I just really felt like running away from the guys who are prettier than me. Usually, I wouldn't mind being with handsome guys, but this one was different.

"Isn't Jonghwa so handsome?"
"Huh? Uh, yeah... I guess he is alright..."
"Still don't be too interested in him. Jonghwa is taken~"
"Yah, Lee Kyungtak. Shut up."

What does that got to do with me? I didn't really care about him being taken or not. I wasn't interested because I have Kim Sangbae who is more nicer and warm-hearted than him. So why would I even lay a eye on that ice cafe latte who is more colder than an ice. I don't even know why he is looking at me so annoyed when I did nothing wrong. I wasn't in the mood hearing that from his friend, I was thinking who is he comparing Sangbae to.

"Yah, just wondering. Why isn't Naeun here yet? Didn't you get a call from her?"
"No. She didn't call me at all. The time is coming so close, I don't know what she is doing..."

Naeun? If it's the Naeun I know, Isn't she the luxurious girl who was on the same plane as me? I looked at the worried expression of Jonghwa and then opened my mouth to make sure if it's the right person.

"By any chance is that Naeun girl you are talking about Eun Naeun? She does art, has long hair, pretty..."
"How do you know Naeun?"
"Oh, we were on the same plane. She was next to my seat. Oh and she took me to the nearest city because I was lost?"

Jonghwa looked at me surprised when he heard that. I just stood where I was dumbfounded while looking back at him. But I don't think Jonghwa felt that I was looking at him when he looked away from me. He was just in his deep thought still looking worried. I just began to roll my eyes here and there playing with my fingers that the guy who talked to me earlier Lee Kyungtak spoke to me again.

"Well, we know that she is in Paris. Then she would arrive in no time. Lee Jonghwa get dressed and come out, and take this girl to her room too."
"Okay, see you all later."
"It was nice to meet you, see you again."
"Okay..."

Like that with the awkward silence me and Jonghwa began to walk through another corridor when we came out of the room. Jonghwa didn't say anything at all. I don't know why I have to be all awkward and uncomfortable. Plus when ever Jonghwa becomes mean and colder towards me, I kept on thinking about Sangbae.

 

/

 

+ 8:00 PM

 

I didn't go out of the room because I was worried that I'll get lost as soon as I do that I was just rolling on the bed. But that was so boring, that I decided to leave the room. I was kind of used to where to go since I've been out a few times. I've been walking along the hall way, and then saw the stairs. I wanted to go down but I heard a loud sound coming from the bottom, and felt like there was a lot people there. Then I remembered that they had something important to do today which seemed like a party for Lee Jonghwa. I was curious that I walked down the stairs and poked my head out to see how it looks like at a party like this and yes, I wasn't surprised because as usual all the rich people were enjoying the party dancing and chatting. My eyes were looking for someone and there he was Lee Jonghwa along with the other pretty boys. I wanted to look at the scenary more closer that I accidently walked onto my leg and fell down from the stairs and fell hard on the floor.

"Ah! Ouch, that hurts..."

When I realised that the noise was dying down and was now filled with silence, I looked up to see that all the attention was on me. I didn't know what to do because I got so embarrassed from all the eyes looking at me that I faced down and sighed deeply. I didn't move at all until someone grabbed my arm and pulled me up and I knew who it was from the voice who whispered into my ears.

"Aish, when did you come here?"
"I just wanted to look around but didn't know that this would happen."

Jonghwa just awkwardly smiled towards the audience who was still having their eyes on me and was dragging me out of the party when someone stopped him.

"Lee Jonghwa-goon, is this the girl that you were talking about before?"
"Excuse me? Ah, no... she is..."
"Nice to meet you~"

I didn't know what was going on. I had my eyes on Jonghwa then to this woman couple of times looking lost.

"Why didn't you come join the party when you were in the house? I really wanted to see you."
"No, I'm not the girl that you are talking about..."

I didn't know how to explain the situation to the woman who seemed to be mistaken me by someone else. Jonghwa was just putting his hand on his forehead while closing his eyes, and the woman was looking at me with a smile. I felt like pulling my hair because I didn't know what to do.

"Excuse me, have you already met her?"

It was that old lady that I had dinner with. She was wearing a more formal dress than before. The old lady forced out an awkward smile towards the woman while she spoke to her, but I didn't quite understand the meaning of have you already met her.

"Oh, so it is her?"
"Yes... she told me that she wasn't feeling well... so I wanted her to stay inside her room and show you tomorrow..."
"I'm anticipating a lot because she will be getting married to Lee Jonghwa-goon."

I was lost in words, I was more than shocked when I heard their conversation. I was shocked to hear that word coming out of the woman mouth that I gripped my bottom with my left while with the other hand pushing Jonghwa to the side. At the same time, Lee Jonghwa also looked at his grandmother with a surprised expression too. What was this. What did she mean by I am getting married to Lee Jonghwa? Oh, god. What is happening right now. I didn't know what to do in this situation. This whole thing is a conspiracy!!!