Familiar but Unfamiliar

A Marriage Contract

Chapter 002: Familiar but Unfamiliar

 

I felt something really soft and warm covering my body which made me open my eyes. As soon as I opened my eyes, the first thing I saw was an old lady. She came close to my face to check up on me left to right which that made me sit up from the bed. 

"You're awake, are you hungry? Come down and eat."
"Excuse me, where am I? And... who are you?"
"It won't be late to tell you that when we eat, come down."

After the old lady finished her words, she left the room leaving me dumbfounded that I just stared at the door and then started looking around the room. The room was really huge, the furnitures and the bed I was sitting on, all the equipments and the interior looked really luxurious and worthy. It seemed like the place for rich people only. 

"What is going on. Why am I here? I remember clearly that I was in the alley."

I have the habit of hitting my head when I can't think of something. So while I was hitting my head on the wall and was thinking why I was in this place, I heard a voice from behind.

"Have you gone insane?"

I was surprised at the voice coming from behind that I screamed so loud while turning my head to see who the person was. He was tall, had gold colour hair shaved on the side, his skin was tanned and his eyes, how should I describe his eyes? The person who had sad looking eyes was leaning on the door. He looked at me blankly while coming a step forward.

"D-don't come near me!"

I grabbed the pillow from the side and used that to protect myself while glaring at him at the same time. That was the first thing that I thought of because I was afraid of his blank expression. He made a scoff as he looked down at me which made me more scared as I swallowed my saliva. It looked like we were having a staring competition beside the bed. We were like that for awhile without a word until that guy finally opened his mouth.

"Are you stupid?"
"What? Me? Where!!!"
"Everything you do."
"Everything?"

He then moved his eyes up to my face and down to my toes and I followed his every move, when he looked back into my eyes, I didn't want to lose I glared at him more harder which made me laugh.

"W-what is it now!!! Why are you laughing at me!!!"
"Just think about your reaction, okay? You start hitting your head on the wall like a crazy person, then you start glaring at the person who saved your life. Isn't that stupid? Or do you have to go back to kindergarten again to learn about how to be polite to people?"
"Saved my life? You saved my life? As if you did!"

He looked like he gave up talking to me, as he sighed and turned his back on me walking towards the door. I called him out still holding the pillow tightly,  then I put more strength on my eyes as I glared at him and stood up from the bed and walked towards him.

"Where do you think you are going!"
"I am going down to eat."
"Ah, yeah~ ofcourse you are."
"Also, If someone say something to you listen to them, didn't granny tell you to come down and eat. But why are you still here? Do I really have to come up here?"
"Oh yeah! Food!!!"

 

/

 

If I had to walk around this house by myself, I'd be lost by now. This place seemed to be like the one that came out in the drama... no, movie, or out in the novel. It was so huge and was like a maze. I didn't know what to do I was in awe as I looked around the place here and there, not knowing what to do until the voice broke the happiness.

"Stop laughing to yourself. You look like a psycho."
"What!!?"
"Come quick, this house is really complicated as you think."

Yes, It did look complicated. Why is the hall so long for, is this a hotel or what? Or a dorm? I have no idea why the house was so huge for, but it will be really embarrassing if I do get lost in this place. So without another word, I followed him and like that we finally arrived to the kitchen. When I walked into the kitchen there was the old lady, who I saw before. He also sat next to him, and I sat oppisite side to him.

"You must be hungry, eat."
"Ah... yeah... thank you... um I really wanted to ask this before, so can I?"
"Before you eat, ask everything you want to ask."
"Um... can I ask how I got here?"

The old lady took a bite of her food, and put the chopstick and spoon down and looked at me. I got so awkward I rolled my eyes and then looked at the guy who was just eating his food.

"Jonghwa here, brought you here."

The old lady pointed at the tall bastard who was just eating his food and seemed like I knew his name now, which is Jonghwa. Even though the old lady was talking about him he didn't really seem to care. I gave him the looks, and then faced the old lady again.

"Excuse me, I need to look for someone, and my friend also lives in Paris so I need to find her too. Oh yeah!!!"

I put my hand inside the pocket and started to look through it because I remembered that I was holding Wolhee's number in my hand before. But... there was nothing in my hand nor inside the pocket.

"Hey!!! By any chance did you see a small piece of paper? Hey, you! The tall bastard... I mean Jonghwa?!"
"Ah, the paper that had numbers on it?"
"Yes, that!"
"I thought you didn't need that, so I threw it in the bin."
"What?!!"

I bolted up from the sit as I pointed my fingers to him while screaming. I was walking back and forth not knowing what to do anymore, but the two people on the table looked like it was not a problem. I felt abit embarrassed that I sat back on the seat.

"Ah... what should I do?"
"Well then, we will look for your friend since that idiot... I mean my grandson threw the number away."
"Really? How long will it take? Because I am in a rush."
"A day or so? Do you know her name and what school she goes to?"
"Um... yeah! I know!"
"Today, we have someone important to serve, so it will be hard to look for your friend, but we will look for her tomorrow."

 

/

 

After we finished having dinner, the and I was walking up the stairs. Yes, since I didn't know where to go, I just kept on following him. Why? Because I don't want to get lost.

"How can you think about throwing that paper? If I was holding the paper, you should know that it was important!"

Only silence came, as he kept on walking up the stairs.

"Wolhee will be waiting for me worried... even my Sangbae... aish..."

Jonghwa seemed to be ignoring me that he didn't even turned to see me once or replied back to me. While I was trying to walk up the stairs I walked into my own legs and was about to fall down the stairs when Jonghwa held my wrist and pulled me up.

"Oh, my god. I nearly died..."
"I hate the person who are clumsy. And the the most thing I hate is that I remember the exact same girl who was clumsy and talks a lot like you."

Jonghwa looked into my eyes coldly, but I didn't talk back to him because I agree on his words... The ill-mannered, cold-hearted person... familiar but unfamiliar... it seemed like I met him before.