Going to Paris

A Marriage Contract

Chapter: 001 Shin Jimin going to Paris to look for her boyfriend Kim Sangbae

 

"Do you really have to do this?"
"If I don't do this, are you going to Paris to look for Sangbae for me?"

I am 19 years old, and in this early morning I am inside the Incheon Airport arguing with my friend Choi Yuri. That's right. I am trying to go to Paris and Yuri is trying to stop me from going. I really need to go to paris and look for someone who is really important to me. The reason why I am going to Paris is because of what happened three months ago.

 

+ 3 Months Ago

 

"Do you really need to go?"
"Y-yeah... I also don't want to go. But if I don't, then my parents won't let me see you anymore... It's only for a month, I'll be back soon!"
"A month is too long for me... plus, It's holiday soon. Can't you wait till then and go with me? I will save money until then!"
"I don't want to see my girl doing that! You can wait for me right? I'm sorry. I will call and write letter for you every day!"

My one and only boryfriend 'Kim Sangbae' who is the most important person to me, is forced to go to Paris by his parents for a month. We tried everything that we could to stay together but nothing worked out how we planned. When he left, I waited for him for a month but he didn't come back. The call he used to do every day stopped, and not even a single letter was sent to me. When I visit Sangbae's place and ask where he is, no one will say anything about him which made me worried. I had nothing else to do but get a part time job, save the money and begged my parents to let me go to Paris for weeks, and like that I got accepted to go.

 

+ Current

 

"Seriously? You don't even have his number, or know where he stays. You think if you go to Paris, Sangbae will greet you just like that? Do you think Paris is small or what?"
"I know Paris is huge. I know that it isn't small. But I can find Sangbae. No I will find him no matter what and I will show you. I will come back to Korea holding his hands. Oh, It's already time for me to get on the plane. I'm sorry Yuri-ah, I will call you when I arrive, okay?"
"Idiot, you will regret going to Paris!!!"

I left Yuri who was concerned about me and got on the plane. I know it was stupid going to Paris to find Sangbae when I got no information about him. No. It was really stupid. But I had a feeling that if I don't go finding Sangbae now, he will never come back. Also, It's holiday now. I can't think about the fact that I have to spend the holiday by myself. Instead of waiting for Sangbae it was the best for me to go look for him during the holiday.

"Please Sangbae-ah, don't hide where I can't find you."

I was mumbling something to myself while looking for my seat. When I found my seat, I sat down and made myself comfortable then turned my head towards the window to see who was sitting next to me. The person looked very luxurious and rich. She had her sunglasses on but it made me imagine how she will actually look like. The girl was looking through the fashion magazine. I kept on staring at her because of her beauty.

"Why are you going to Paris? Vacation?"

The person seemed like she knew I was staring at her all this time, that she asked a question to me which surprised me. She took her sunglasses off, and faced me with a smile. She was more than what I have imagined, she looked around my age which made me think what I was doing until now.

"You are on this plane to go Paris aren't you, oh... did I ask something that I shouldn't have?"
"N-no! Um.. I'm going Paris to look for my boyfriend."
"Boyfriend?"
"Yes..."

She looked at me strangely, and gave me an awkward smile. The luxurious girl seemed to be in a deep thought, then turned her face towards the window. I also looked away from the girl and took out the sticker photo we took together inside the pocket.

'The plane will be landing soon, so please put on your seatbelts-'

When I heard that the plane was going to land soon, I put the sticker photo back into my pocket. Also, I took out the book which was for beginner for english and tried to learn what I can before it lands. While flipping through the pages, my mind went back to the luxurious girl again.

"Excuse me... can I ask the same question? Why are you going to Paris?"
"Me? Oh... because I have something to do there."
"Something to do? You look young... do you do business? Should I call you unnie..?"
"Oh no... do I really look that old to you? I am a student."
"Wow, really? How old are you?"
"I'm nineteen years old, the work I am doing is not business. I am just going because I really need to do something."

 

/

 

I have finally arrived to Paris from the 12 hour flight. It looked like it was day time for Paris which will need a bit of help to get used to the time. I got out of the airport but the first thing that came in mind was where I should really go. My friend Lee Wolhee who is studying in Paris said she will pick me up, but she was no where to be seen.

"Aish, this girl."
"Why are you still standing here?"
"Ah... a friend said she will come pick me up, but looks like she isn't here yet."
"Do you want to borrow my phone?"
"Really?"

The luxurious girl was nineteen years old, and her name was Eun Naeun. She used to study art in highschool. Naeun and I am the same age but we couldn't seem to talk informally. It really felt uncomfortable if we did, since we are not that close.

"Ah... where was the number... oh, found it!"

I took out the small memo which it had Wolhee's phone number and dialed the number. The phone seemed to be going through but she didn't pick up. I tried again one more time, and it went through and before I was about to give up on calling her, someone picked the phone up. It was Wolhee. When I heard her voice through the other side of the phone, I felt relieved.

"Yah! Lee Wolhee! What are you doing? You said you will pick me up! I am outside the airport!"
"Jimin-ah, I am really sorry... I got something urgent to do so I can't come pick you up..."
"Yah!!! I don't know where to go, or talk english fluently, what do you want me to do!!!"
"I'm' really sorry, I am near the airport though... so you can find me easily... you remember the map I gave you? I'm really sorry, see you later Jimin!"

The phone just got hung up by Wolhee. How could she have something more urgent to do when a friend is lost in the airport. For a long time I just stared looking down at the phone.

"Excuse me, can I ask what is wrong?"
"Ah... my friend said... she can't come... she said she is close though... so I need to go find her myself..."
"Oh, I am also going to the city which is near the airport, you want to go with me?"
"Really?"
"Yeah!"

 

/

 

Like that, the girl Eun Naeun got me the taxi and the driver dropped me off when he arrived to the city. Naeun told me that she has no time now that she really needs to go as she apologised and went off leaving me alone. I sighed as I didn't know where to go from here. Thought Wolhee said it was easy to find her but it wasn't. I walked around here and there and when I turned to an alley, I heard a loud sound which stopped me from walking more further but to block my ears and and scream out while I looked down. It was the sound of a gun. I stayed that way for a long time, but as I hate being curious, I walked to the place where the sound came from and stuck my head out to see what was going on. There was a korean guy who was holding a gun, and the foreign guy who was on the floor who looked like he was the one who got shot by the gun.

"W-w-what is this..."

I didn't know what to do, I was just standing there until the person turned his back to walk away which was where I was. At that moment, our eyes met and the person who had the gun walked towards me which made me back up few steps, I closed my eyes and ran as fast as I could. The person who got the gun was also running while shooting the gun towards me. While running tears were rolling down my face as I thought that it was over, until someone grabbed my arm and pulled me towards the building. I wanted to screamed but that person blocked my mouth with his hands and when I rolled my eyes trying to see who the person is, it was another korean person. He gave me the signal to be quiet. He looked familiar but unfamiliar... I stared at the person. We were like that for few minutes until the person with the gun was gone. When he was no where to be seen, the other person looked at me while I was catching my breath.

"What are you, did granny send you here? Why are you being chased by that man."
"Look, that is what i want to ask you too. Why did you save me, and..."
"Then should I just leave the girl who is getting shot by a gun? What were you thinking, walking around the alley by yourself."
"W-what? I was just... ah... why am I feeling dizzy... so I was just..."

Was I too shocked from what has happened just now, I just out.