Part 3: This Christmas

Before This Christmas

Here is the final part! Sorry for the wait but at least i'm still on time ;D

Thank you for supporting me through this mini fic <3

 


 

 

 

There were only two days left until christmas.

Taehyung kept himself busy in that time. He couldn’t practice with the others, because of his head injury, so he found other little things to do around the house. He helped Namjoon put up a christmas tree (they should have had it up since december started but no one had the time) and even got around to wrapping all of the presents he bought for the other members.

Possessed by the christmas spirit, he also attempted making eggnog (with Jin’s help of course). Taehyung’s batch had too much cinnamon, but Jin’s came out perfect. They decided to save it for Christmas eve and enjoy it with everyone.

Before the accident, whenever Taehyung had free time, he used to just watch tv or play video games. Now that he had come so close to losing his life, he wanted to experience more. He was grateful for the fact that he would live to celebrate another christmas and birthday.

“Look Jiminie, Santa Claus!”

Taehyung and Jimin were currently walking along the Han river. Taehyung had dragged Jimin out of bed that morning in pursuit of an adventure. He shouldn’t have been moving around much, seeing as his ribs were still tender, but he couldn’t sit still anymore. All of the other members had schedules for the day. Him and Jimin were the only ones free.

Jimin looked to the suspiciously skinny looking Santa that Taehyung had pointed out to him. The man was taking pictures with tourists, posing in front of the Han river. A christmas hat was turned upside down in front of him, in order to accept any tips people were generous enough to give.

“Do you want a picture with him, TaeTae?”

Jimin didn’t believe in Santa. Even from when he was young, he always knew Santa wasn’t real.

Taehyung, on the other hand, embraced every myth Christmas had to offer, like it was candy.

Jimin could never figure out if Taehyung was just pretending, or if he genuinely still believed in the magic behind Santa Claus. Whatever the case, Jimin wanted to indulge his friend this time. The accident made him think about a lot, and he found himself appreciating happy moments like this with Taehyung a lot more now.

“No, It’s ok,” Taehyung politely declined. “He seems really busy.”

Jimin glanced at the skinny Santa again. The line to take a picture with him was steadily growing. It was funny how eager people were to jump into something christmas related, even if it looked unofficial and cheap.

“We should probably head back to the dorm now,” Jimin suggested. “You aren’t supposed to be walking around for long periods of time, remember?”

Taehyung pouted and kicked at a random leaf by his foot.

“Just a little bit longer, Jiminie.”

Jimin looked like he wanted to argue, but then Taehyung turned to him and flashed his puppy dog gaze right at him. “Fine. Twenty more minutes.”

“Yay!” Taehyung cheered with a giggle.

Jimin couldn’t help smiling. It was in these moments, when Taehyung looked so happy and full of life, that he was glad to still have his best friend. The day of the accident was scary for all of the members. Jimin can’t remember much after they received the news, but he does remember getting into the back of the car as they all left for the hospital. Yoongi was sitting next to him, and even though all of the other members were crying or voicing their concerns, the two of them were as quiet as the dead.

“Taehyung-ah…”

He barely murmured his name, but Taehyung heard him. He stopped walking long enough to look back at Jimin. His best friend’s eyes were glazed over with tears.

Taehyung immediately ran back over to him. He took Jimin’s hands in his and bent down to stare at his face properly.

“Jiminie?! Jiminie, what’s wrong?! Why are you crying?!”

Jimin used to scowl at how loud Taehyung could be. Before the accident he would have pushed the younger away from his face and tell him to stop yelling, all while Taehyung laughed obnoxiously at his discomfort.

Now, Jimin was so thankfully that Taehyung was still around to yell.

“Nothing’s wrong, TaeTae,” Jimin whispered. “I’m just really glad you’re my best friend.”

Taehyung’s face softened as understanding reached his eyes. He broke out into a wide grin and slung his arm over Jimin’s shoulder.

“I love you too, Jiminie!”

Jimin knew he meant it.

 

 

~*~

 

 

When they got back to the dorm, it was still empty.

Taehyung plopped onto the couch and let all of his bones and muscles relax into the soft cushion.

Jimin gave him an ‘I told you so’ look, before heading to the kitchen to see what they could make for lunch. Even though Jin bought complicated ingredients for his experimentory dishes, he still bought simple items every shopping trip, just to make sure the members weren’t completely helpless when he wasn’t there.

“How does Bulgogi sound, Taehyung-ah?!” Jimin called to the living room.

A grunt of agreement was enough confirmation for him.

They ate on the couch, something they weren’t allowed to do when the older members were there, and enjoyed each other’s company while the T.V played in the background. This day was turning out to be one of Taehyung’s favorites. He couldn’t remember the last time they relaxed for an entire day together.

Speaking of memory…

“Jiminie… What was my relationship with Yoongi hyung like, before the accident?”

Jimin finished chewing what was in his mouth, a pensive expression on his face, as he thought over Taehyung’s question.

“You two were… interesting, I guess.”

Taehyung quirked his head to the side. “Interesting?”

“Yeah. You two might as well be complete opposites. I can still remember how tense it used to be between the both of you at first. I mean, I joined the group after you so by the time I met you guys your relationship with Yoongi hyung was a little bit better, but it was still kind of awkward.”

Taehyung frowned. “How is that interesting?”

Jimin smiled. “Well, one day, you two just clicked. You understood each other better, and even though Yoongi hyung still got annoyed by some of the stuff you did, he was never truly mad. He looked out for you a lot, too. Yoongi hyung is protective of all of us, but with you it always felt different.”

Taehyung tried to digest Jimin’s words. How could he have such a profound past with someone and forget them so easily?

“I want to remember him,” he said sadly, his appetite for the rest of his bulgogi now gone.

Jimin gave him a reassuring pat on his thigh. “I know you do, and you will.”

Taehyung looked up at him with disheartened eyes. “How are you so sure?”

Jimin shrugged.

“I don’t know I just… before the accident, I could tell how much you cared about him.”

And Taehyung wondered what that soft, knowing smile on Jimin’s face meant.

 


 

~*~


 

 

It was christmas eve.

Thanks to Taehyung, the dorm was looking extremely festive. Only Namjoon and Hoseok had a schedule for the day, so everyone else enjoyed the day off. Taehyung and Jungkook sat beneath the christmas tree, grabbing all of the presents with their names on it, and shaking them. They were trying to guess what they got before the big day.

That’s how Yoongi found them when he finally emerged from his deep slumber.

He took one look at them and mumbled something about ‘impatient kids’ before shuffling off to the kitchen in search of breakfast.

Taehyung and Jungkook giggled at the look on their hyung’s face.

“Have you remembered anything so far?” Jungkook asked curiously. He reached for a particularly large box and shook it.

Taehyung sighed. “Only one thing… but that’s still good, right?”

The maknae nodded. “Yeah, It means there’s still a chance of you getting all of your memories back. That’s awesome, Hyung.” He reached for a small box that looked like it could only fit jewerly. He rolled his eyes when he saw ‘To: my sweet Kookie, Love: Your dearest Jimin Hyung’.

Taehyung wanted to smile, but he still felt somber. “I keep wondering what will happen if I don’t remember anything else. Do you think… Yoongi hyung will hate me?”

Jungkook turned away from the gifts to stare directly into Taehyung’s eyes.

“You really have forgotten everything about Yoongi hyung, haven’t you? He could never hate you.”

Taehyung didn’t understand how Jungkook could be so convinced.

Jimin had been the same way too.

Did everyone know something he didn’t?


 

~*~

 

 

Taehyung woke up on Christmas day with a burdened heart.

He felt like he failed Yoongi.

He thought he would have his memories back by now, but there was still that annoying, blank space in his head. All he had of Yoongi were the new memories they had made in the past few days. Taehyung felt like it paled in comparison to what he should have had with the older male.

Jimin had made it seem like Taehyung and Yoongi used to have an unshakable bond, and Taehyung couldn’t help wanting that again.

But his stubborn brain had other plans.

Why can’t I remember?

Is this how it’s going to be from now on?

Taehyung nestled further into his blankets. It was pretty chilly in the room. He stared up at the underside of Jimin’s bed and tried to clear his mind of everything but Yoongi. A miracle was always possible. He wouldn’t give up hope so easily.

“Taehyung-ah.”

I can hear him so clearly, Taehyung thought. Is this a memory?

“Tae, are you awake?”

Taehyung felt his bed dip as someone kneeled on it.

He turned to his right and was surprised to see Yoongi using both hands to lean on the top bunk while resting his knee on Taehyung’s bottom bunk. He was snuggly dressed from head to toe and Taehyung had to blink a couple of times to make sure he was real.

Ah, so it wasn’t a memory…

“Everyone else is up already,” Yoongi informed him, an amused smile on his face. “Didn’t you realize?”

Taehyung glanced over at Hoseok’s single bed, noting the neatly made up sheets with no one in them. He pricked his ears and realized he couldn’t hear Jimin’s soft breathing above him. He really was alone in the room.

He frowned.

Did everyone open presents without him?

“What time is it?” he asked, slowly getting up and ruffling his bed head.

Yoongi took a step back to give him room to stand up.

“A little after six in the morning.”

Taehyung’s eyes widened. “Why is everyone up at six in the morning?!”

Usually, on their days off, the members would sleep in for as long as possible. Sure, it was Christmas, but that didn’t mean they weren’t completely drained from all of the schedules they were constantly put on.

Yoongi shoved his hands into his coat pocket and tried to keep his smile from widening.

“There’s a surprise outside that I want to show you. And don’t worry, we didn’t open presents without you.”

Taehyung blushed at the fact that Yoongi read his concerns so easily. He didn’t know what the heck was going on, but he trusted Yoongi enough to start getting ready.

Yoongi patiently waited for him to redress the bandages around his head and ribs, take his pain killers and put on some warm clothing for outside.

“Ready!”

Taehyung got startled when Yoongi grabbed his hand and led him to the front door. He tried to calm the hard thumping in his chest when the pale male reached up to properly fix his lopsided beanie and scarf for him.

“Since it’s a surprise, I want you to close your eyes,” Yoongi instructed. “No peeking, ok?”

Taehyung openly stared at Yoongi for a few seconds, trying to decipher what the surprise might be. The house was so silent you could hear a pin drop, so he suspected that whatever the surprise was, the other members were there too.

“Taehyung-ah, your eyes…” Yoongi urged impatiently.

Taehyung giggled and finally shut them. His hand blindly reached out to hold Yoongi’s again, and he sighed when he felt the weight of it in his grasp.

He could hear the front door being unlocked and pushed open. A blast of cold air immediately slapped him in the face, and he grimaced. An insignificantly small memory tickled at the edge of his vision. One in which he was walking out of the studio after meeting someone, and a car… a car holding his manager was waiting outside for him…

Before Taehyung could hold on to the memory, Yoongi was letting his hand go, making him panic slightly.

“Hyung--”

“It’s ok. I’m right here.”

Taehyung didn’t know if he shivered because of the cold, or Yoongi’s warm breath in his ear.

“You can open your eyes now.”

Taehyung opened his eyes and saw white.

The entire world was blanketed in a shimmery, soft glow of pure white. The trees and rooftops were layered with the stuff. The sun peeking up just over the horizon stained the white in hues of orange and pink.

Taehyung felt all of his breath escape him at once.

“The first snow,” he whispered, as if talking too loud would disturb the tranquility of it all.

Yoongi came around to face him. His porcelain cheeks and nose were cherry red. The smile he had been fighting since waking up Tae was now out with full force. The corners of his eyes were crinkled up in that way that made Taehyung’s heart do backflips.

How could I forget someone so beautiful?

“Merry Christmas, Tae.”

Taehyung’s vision was beginning to blur. It was getting harder for him to see the pretty snow. He could barely make out the other members playing in the distance and rolling around in the snow. Their laughter rang loud and clear in the early morning.

“I know you haven’t gotten your memories of me back yet,” Yoongi continued “And maybe… you never will. But I want you to know that I don’t care about all of that.”

Taehyung let his tears slide down his face and warm his cheeks.

He didn’t deserve a hyung like Yoongi.

“All that matters to me is that you’re alive and well. We can make new memories together.”

The sun finally finished its ascent.

Taehyung rubbed at his cheeks before his tears froze to his face.

“I love you, Yoongi hyung.”

Something changed in Yoongi’s eyes. His gaze shifted to the ground as he shuffled his feet and bit his bottom lip.

“I love you too, Tae.”

Suddenly, a sharp pain struck Taehyung’s mind, making him double over with the force of it.

Yoongi immediately grabbed his shoulders. “Taehyung-ah? Are you ok? Do you want to go back inside?”

Taehyung tried to answer him, but he felt like he couldn’t breath. He clutched at his chest and kneeled into the snow. The sun felt too blinding, and he slammed his eyes shut. He could hear Yoongi calling for him and rubbing his mittens across Taehyung’s cheeks to get him to open his eyes, but all of that faded into the background.

Taehyung was remembering something…

 

“Hyung, wait for me!”

Taehyung reached out to grab the back of Yoongi’s coat. The other members had already ran ahead to go play in the snow, and he wanted to join them. But there was a lot of frozen water on the ground, and the shoes he decided to wear didn’t have good traction on them. He couldn’t walk without someone’s help.

“I told you not to wear those shoes,” Yoongi scolded. He turned back around to help Taehyung, but in the process they both tumbled to the ground.

They were a tangle of limbs and scarfs.

“, Taehyung get off! You’re heavier than you look!”

“Hyung, that’s mean!”

In the end, they gave up. Yoongi laid in the snow and just stared past Taehyung, taking in the morning sky. He was almost content with freezing to death right there, but then Taehyung’s large head invaded his line of sight.

“So you’re not even going to try?”

Yoongi shrugged. “You gave up first.”

Taehyung sighed and shifted until his elbows were situated on either side of Yoongi’s head. The two of them could vaguely hear the other members yelling lewd things in their direction, but they ignored them.

Some friends they were, to just tease them instead of helping.

“Why do we put up with them?” Yoongi grumbled.

Taehyung giggled. A snowflake floated down and landed directly on his eyelash. Yoongi couldn’t stop staring at it.

“Because we love them?”

“They seriously make me doubt that sometimes.”

Taehyung brushed away a few flakes that had gathered on Yoongi’s cheek. He’d never seen Yoongi’s face so flushed before, and he wondered if it was because of the cold and the fall.

“We should try to get up now.”

“I’m in no hurry.”

“Hyung, we’re going to get frostbite.”

Sometimes Yoongi reminded Taehyung of a little kid. He could be so stubborn when he wanted to be.

The two of them continued to stare down at each other, just staring into the other’s eyes, and Taehyung wondered what this feeling that was stirring up in his chest was. It made his breath hitch in his throat when Yoongi’s gaze flickered down to his lips for a split second. If Taehyung blinked he would have missed it.

“Are you guys just going to reenact a drama all day, or are you actually going to get up and join us?”

They both looked up to see Jin standing over them, with a smirk on his handsome face.

Yoongi grunted and finally used his remaining energy to push Taehyung off of him.

The boy toppled over and into the snow, looking like a fish out of water as he struggled to stand up on his own. Jin took pity on him and grabbed his hand, using his surprising arm strength to hoist Taehyung up.

He grabbed the younger around the waist to steady him, and they both watched as Yoongi grumbled his way towards the others.

“We weren’t reenacting a drama,” he was muttering.

Jin grinned. “Oh yeah?! Than why are you blushing?!”

Yoongi threw up a middle finger in his direction.

Jin shook his head in amusement and returned his attention to helping Taehyung across the snow. Now that they were reaching thicker parts of snow, it was getting easier for Taehyung to walk without slipping across the frozen ground.

“Thank you, Hyung.”

“No problem… oh and Taehyung-ah?”

Taehyung met his bright eyes. “Yes?”

“Your heart is racing.”

Taehyung blinked back at him. He didn’t know what to say, so he silently watched as Jin returned to the others. He could see Yoongi in the distance, laughing at Hoseok harassing Jimin with a barrage of snowballs.

Then it all clicked into place.

He was in love with Yoongi hyung.

 

“Taehyung-ah?! Taehyung! , Namjoon, call manager hyung!”

“No, Hyung…” Taehyung groaned. He slowly got up. “I’m ok.”

When he opened his eyes, all of the members were standing over him, various looks of concern on their faces.

“Taehyung-ah?”

Yoongi’s face was right in front of him. Taehyung could count every eyelash on his lid if he wanted to.

“Yoongi hyung? Ugh… why am I on the ground? And hyung, why aren’t you wearing a beanie? Last time you didn’t protect your head you were sick for three weeks.”

Everyone looked at eachother, surprise on their faces.

Yoongi’s eyes were as wide as they could possibly go.

“What?” Taehyung mumbled. “Was it something I said?”

Yoongi helped Taehyung up until he was standing in front of him.

“Taehyung-ah…what did we do together last month?”

Taehyung thought for a moment. He still felt kind of dizzy, but the memory came to him in the blink of an eye.

“We were in Japan and we went to Kumamon Square together. We were the only adults there and--”

Taehyung was cut off by a tight hug.

Yoongi made sure to steer clear of his ribs by keeping his hold around his shoulders only. He buried his face in Taehyung’s neck and let out a sound the younger had never heard him utter before.

“Hyung?”

“Taehyung-ah, you remember me.”

Now Taehyung’s eyes were as wide as saucers.

“I remember you… I remember everything, Yoongi hyung!”

The other members burst out in whoops and cheers. They clapped Taehyung on the back and ruffled his hair. Nothing but relief was shining in their eyes and Taehyung felt like he could start crying all over again.

“Let’s give them a moment,” Namjoon said. He gave everyone a ‘look’ and they instantly backed away, leaving Yoongi and Taehyung to continue holding each other.

“Hyung… are you crying?”

Yoongi shook his head, still keeping it buried in Taehyung’s skin.

Taehyung smiled and pulled Yoongi in closer. His ribs protested against it, but he didn’t care. He could feel the wetness of Yoongi’s tears against his neck, and he knew his hyung was just too embarrassed to admit it.

“Best christmas present ever, huh?”

This time Yoongi nodded, a small sniffle causing his nose to crinkle up.

They stood like that, letting the snow fall down all around them, and Taehyung wondered if the limited edition Santa Kumamon plushie that he bought for Yoongi as a present was going to pale in comparison to this moment.

Meanwhile, Yoongi wondered if the one year, unlimited meal ticket for Burger King that he got for Taehyung would taste as good as finally getting his memories back.

“Hyung, there’s something I want to tell you…”

Yoongi finally pulled away from Taehyung to stare up at him. His eyes were rimmed red and his nose was running.

Taehyung thought he was cute.

“When I told you I love you, I meant it as--”

“I know.”

Taehyung his chapped lips. “Y-You know?

“I know… because I feel the same way.”

Taehyung always thought that he would have to be the first one to kiss Yoongi, if he ever got around to confessing his feelings, but it was the other way around.

Yoongi cupped the back of his neck and pulled him down to his height. His thumb caressed Taehyung’s cheek before leading him, until their mouths met in a light kiss. They pulled away for a moment, only to return to each other again, kissing harder. Taehyung didn’t know it was possible to feel so warm in the cold.

He tucked his gloved hands underneath Yoongi’s coat and his sides, letting his hands memorize the planes of his stomach and angle of his hips.

Yoongi nibbled on his bottom lip and it between his teeth, causing Taehyung to let out a startled gasp. He never felt a kiss like this before. He peeked his eyes open to see Yoongi squeezing his shut, rosy cheeks turning even brighter in the sunlight.

“… Tae…”

“Later,” Taehyung replied cheekily.

Yoongi bit his lip harder for that, and Taehyung couldn’t help laughing into the older male’s mouth.

“Are you guys done devouring each other's faces?!” Hoseok screamed from across the snow. “We’re about to have a snowball war and you’re in the way!”

Taehyung’s neck and face flushed in embarrassment.  

“Will your head be ok if we play too?” Yoongi asked, leaning back to gently trail his fingers along Taehyung’s bandages. The boy’s beanie had fallen into the snow when he fell to his knees earlier.

“I’ll be ok. Besides, I have you to protect me, right hyung?”

Yoongi looked away and scratched the back of his neck sheepishly. The blush on his cheeks was now spreading to his ears.

“Are you guys playing or what?!” Jimin called.

“We’re coming!” Taehyung called back.

We, he thought blissfully, grabbing Yoongi’s hand and leading him towards their friends.

Taehyung could get used to that word.





 

 

 


 

 

THE END!

*sigh* Christmas is supposed to be jolly and i'm over here writing angst. But at least it was a happy ending LOL. 

Please comment and tell me what you think. Thank you for subscribing and upvoting and commenting since the beginning. Your enthusiams for my writing means more to me then you know ^___^

 

HAPPY HOLIDAYS EVERYONE!!!!