Part 2: It's Ok

Before This Christmas

Hello! Here is part 2!

And please note that I live in America and use EST time so for those of you who live on the otherside of the world, it's christmas, but for me, it's not yet, lol. Which means i'm still on time! ;D 

I wanted to make part 2 even longer than part 1 but I nearly fell asleep and I don't want to keep you guys waiting :)

enjoy!


 

 

Taehyung woke up to the smell of eggs.

“I brought you breakfast.”

He opened his eyes and sleeply peered up at the person standing by his bedside.

It was Yoongi.

“Still don’t remember?”

Taehyung bit his lip and looked away.

“Thought so.”

“I’m sorry.”

It was such a miniscule thing to say in a situation like this. The words weren’t big enough for the heavy feeling that settled over the room.

“Eat your eggs… before they get cold.”

Taehyung silently watched as Yoongi pulled up the tray attached to his bed and placed the eggs, kimchi and rice on it. He wanted to protest and say he wasn’t hungry, but as soon as he opened his mouth his stomach grumbled really loud.

“Thank you for the food, Yoongi-ssi.”

Yoongi had been rummaging through the bag he bought, looking for napkins, but he paused when the words left Taehyung’s mouth.

“You don’t have to be so formal with me. ‘Hyung’ is fine,” he mumbled, before continuing his search for napkins.

Taehyung mentally punched himself for such a stupid slip up. Of course he shouldn’t be formal with Yoongi. He was supposed to know him, after all.

“Sorry.”

“And stop saying sorry.”

Yoongi finally found the napkins and placed them next to Taehyung’s plate.

“Now eat. You’re already skinny enough.”

“Sor-- Ok.”

Taehyung started eating.

The effort Yoongi put into acting like nothing was wrong, was commendable. Taehyung thought he deserved an award. The older male barely bat an eyelash when Taehyung said he didn’t remember something pertaining to him, or when their conversation grew stilted and awkward.

It felt like talking with a stranger… but it also didn’t, at the same time.

Taehyung was so confused.

“Were we close?”

For the first time, since Taehyung woke up, Yoongi’s expression changed.

“I’m not… I’m not sure.”

Taehyung pushed his empty plate to the side.

“You’re not sure? That doesn’t make any--”

“We didn’t exactly spend a lot of time together.”

Taehyung frowned. How could he live and be in a group with someone, but not spend a lot of time with them?

“Why not?”

Yoongi sighed and ran a hand through his hair. His eyes traveled over to the window and the numerous buildings that could be seen outside. The sun was bright, but it still wasn’t warm enough to battle the biting cold.

“I’m in the studio a lot, working on our music. I don’t… I never have the time to hang out much.”

Taehyung nodded his head slowly. “I understand. Making good music for the fans is important, right?”

Yoongi started to smile, but it fell as soon as he realized what he was doing.

His eyes snapped back to Taehyung, and the younger boy flinched under his intense stare.

“Right before the accident, you came by the studio.”

Taehyung blinked back at him. “I did?”

“You did. You asked me to go with you to the mall, to go Christmas shopping.”

Taehyung closed his eyes and tried to think hard.

Still nothing.

His shoulders slumped and he opened his eyes. “I don’t remember.”

Yoongi didn’t say anything. He picked up Taehyung’s empty paper plate and threw it in the garbage.

“I promise I’ll try really hard to remember, Yoongi-ss-- hyung!”

“They said that there’s a possibility of you not regaining your memories.”

Taehyung stared at Yoongi’s back. He didn’t miss his hand raising to rub at his face before he turned around with a cold and indifferent expression. Even though Taehyung couldn’t remember this person, he was quickly catching on to the fact that he often hid how he truly felt.

“Christmas is next week. I hope you get your memories back before then.”

Taehyung nervously pinched his thighs.

“Me too.”

 

 

~*~
 

 

 

For the next couple of days, Yoongi spent almost the entire day at the hospital with Taehyung. The other members visited too, but they had set schedules that they had to attend to. Yoongi was the only one who had plenty of time, because he usually devoted it to the studio.

Taehyung remembered what he said the first time he visited, and realized Yoongi was putting off time he could be using to work on music, to be with him instead.

It made him feel warm.

“What did you bring for me today?”

Every day Yoongi would bring food for Taehyung. When he asked why he was simply told, “because I know how much you love food” and it was honestly so interesting to be around someone who knew him this well, even though he himself couldn’t remember the person.

“Burger,” Yoongi answered. “Your favorite.”

Taehyung’s eyes brightened. “Ah! That’s right!”

Yoongi ruffled the brunette’s hair and placed the greasy bag in front of him.

“Dig in.”

That day they didn’t stay on any one topic for long. Their conversation jumped all over the place, but it wasn’t unpleasant. Taehyung was feeling the most relaxed he had ever felt around the older male, since he woke up from his accident, and he no longer considered him to be a complete stranger.

Calling him ‘hyung’ still felt kind of weird, but the more he said it, the more he got used to it.

“Hey Hyung, do you think we can finally go on that shopping trip together? I get to leave the hospital tomorrow.”

Yoongi didn’t have to think about it for too long. “Sounds like a plan… are you sure you’ll be ok in a car again?”

Taehyung hadn’t even thought about that.

“Y-Yes.”

Yoongi frowned. He reached out a hand and gently placed it over Taehyung’s trembling fingers.

“Don’t push yourself, Taehyung-ah. We don’t have to go.”

Taehyung looked up at him and nodded. He turned his hand palm up, and let his fingers lace together with Yoongi’s cold ones. His mind was plagued with so many questions.

How could he let himself forget such a person?

Someone so kind?

Someone who knew him so well?

Why… did he forget him?

“I want to go,” he said firmly. “I want to get everyone’s presents.”

Yoongi smiled.

“Alright.”

 


 

~*~


 

 

There were five days left until christmas, and Taehyung was finally back at home.

Everything was exactly as he remembered it.

But he still had no memories of Yoongi.

“Ready to go?” Yoongi asked, walking into the living room. He was wearing a big fluffy scarf and a black coat. He handed a scarf to Taehyung as well, but it was plaid and not as big.

“Yeah, I’m ready,” Taehyung answered. He stood up from the couch and secured the beanie on his head. He was wearing it to hide the bandages still wrapped around his skull. “I hope I can remember everything I was going to buy.”

They decided on taking the subway train instead of a car, and Taehyung was grateful to Yoongi for suggesting it.

The mall was busy when they got there, despite it being so early in the morning, and Taehyung and Yoongi still ended up bumping into a few people who recognized them, even though they were wearing masks. The accident hadn’t made it unto the news yet, so they were doing pretty good for now.

“Oh look, lamb skewers!” Taehyung exclaimed, pointing to the booth that held the mouth-watering kababs. “Can you please buy me one, Yoongi hyung?”

“Didn’t you eat before we left?” Yoongi asked, while looking at the dressed up mannequins in the store window beside them.

“But you always buy for Jungkookie, why can’t you buy for me too?”

“Tae--”

Yoongi froze.

He spun around on his heels and grabbed Taehyung’s arms, startling him.

“How do you know that? Did I mention it to you?”

Taehyung thought back on the last few days they spent together.

“Um… no?”

“Then that means you remembered something, Taehyung-ah!”

Taehyung’s jaw dropped. “I did?”

Yoongi nodded with a genuine smile that showed. Even though his mask covered his mouth, his eyes were little crescents of pure happiness. It was the first time Taehyung had seen him look so lively.

“I did! I remembered something!” Taehyung cheered excitedly. He didn’t care that they were getting strange looks from people walking by and the guy selling the lamb skewers. “I remembered something about you!”

Yoongi let out a breathless laugh, one that made Taehyung’s heart squeeze painfully in his chest.

Why did no one else make him feel this way?

“Do you remember anything else?” Yoongi asked eagerly.

Taehyung’s smile faded. “I… I umm… I’m sorry, Hyung, I--”

“It’s ok,” Yoongi said quickly. The twinkle in his eyes dimmed, but he still looked pleased, and that’s all that mattered to Taehyung. He hated disappointing him. “You remembered something, and that’s better than nothing, right? I’m proud of you.”

Taehyung was beaming again.

Yoongi’s gloved hands ran up and down his arms before letting him go.

“Let’s finish shopping.”

Taehyung got all of his gifts that day, even one for Yoongi.

He couldn’t remember if it was the one he was originally going to get him, before the accident, but when he spotted it in the store something just wouldn’t let him leave it. It’s like his subconscious was telling him, ‘that’s the one! that’s the gift!’.

He also got lamb skewers from Yoongi.

They were delicious.

 
 
 

 

Awww at least Yoongi's trying. What would you do if you were ever in his position and someone forgot you?

Part 3 will be uploaded tomorrow, 12/25/15, Christmas day!

Will Tae get all of his memories of Yoongi back before Christmas?

find out in the final part! ^____^

**I also want to thank everyone who commented after reading part 1! I love hearing what you guys think <3