005

The Time Traveller

'In the name of the Big Six, Ordinaire, Virtus, Festivus, Soulemn, Magicia and Riean, may our peace be kept forever.'

 

The moment Lynn awoke, she was greeted with the bright sunlight dancing into her face, she shook her head as she tried to comprehend her surroundings. As she moved her hands that were supporting her, she realised that it didn't feel like the cotton material of her bed....it was soft yet a little prickly....where was she? 

 
She...she was lying in the grass! And...there were towering trees all around her, she could hear the chirping noises of the birds, smell the fresh dew from the leaves...where in the world was she? 
 
The dazed female slowly stood up, was this...a dream? But as her memory started to play in her head, she could almost clearly remember that after the light reflected from the pendant shone into her eyes, everything turned white, and now, she was here.
 
Her inner heart forced her legs to start moving through the endless wood; she had to admit, she had never seen such a beautiful sight in her life. The trees stood tall and proud, the dewy leaves swung back and forth with the wind. The grass was tall and clean, adorned with bundles of colours, the flowers grew prettily and brightly, she could smell the beautiful scent that arose from them. The fresh smell of morning was more than pleasant, it smelt like the wintergrass shampoo she had at home, Lynn was breath-taken. Then, she saw a creamy white butterfly dancing in front of her. The butterfly was a beauty, the whiteness of it shone with purity, and almost instinctively, she placed her hand out, and the butterfly to landed gracefully on her hand. As if the butterfly were speaking, it flew away, beckoning her to follow, and so she did.
 
Lynn had no clue where she was heading, but as she followed this butterfly, she could hear distantly, the bustling sound that resembled a city, her hopes grew. Maybe she could find someone to direct her home and tell her where she was. As she drew nearer, she saw a row of thick bushes in front of her. Forcing the leaves apart, she crawled out and was greeted with rows of beautiful cottages, all sorts of colours such as creamy white, rose pink, or light brown, and ash grey. The whole colour layout was very aesthetic, and gave the female a comfortable vibe. In front of these cottages, was a big street that was horizontal to her. Instead of concrete like back at home, the street was made with slabs of stone, making it look uneven but oddly in place, resembling the types of streets in Europe. Amazed, Lynn stood up, gaping wide as people dressed in rather odd clothing, walked by her, seemingly disinterested and unaware.
 
This place, seemed so familiar yet so strange, it certainly made Lynn even more so clueless about her surroundings. She didn't know where she was, who these people were, nor what they did.
 
She stepped forward, and was suddenly pushed hard, forcing her to follow the growing crowd of people walking down the street as she was nudged forward by the surroundings people, all seemingly walking to then same destination. She couldn't get out of the crowd now, as people all around her walked down the road. Feeling a little out of place with her own clothing compared to the others, she couldn't help but have to follow along.
 
As she walked with light and quick steps, she took a good look at the surrounding people. The men had a few different looks. Some had their hair tied up in a bun, with a ribbon wrapped around it. They wore a simple attire of a long robe made with cotton-like material, and they wore black, cotton-made boots. Others, also had their hair in a bun, but instead, had different hats on top; some hats were big and wide, others were short and vertical. With the women, a few had their hair completely out, others had it tied back into a big bun, with some accessories adorned in their hair, and some had their hair to the side, in a  beautiful braid, with small accessories throughout the braided hair. They wore a top and bottom, the top was similar to the robe the men wore, but the bottom was a long, flowing dress. These people looked like they had come straight out of ancient Asian civilisations.
 
Suddenly, she felt herself come to a halt, and as Lynn looked up, she saw a big brown podium, a man with a beard and a tall black hat, dressed in fancier robes was awaiting for quiet. She could tell the materials as made of  silk, compared to the cheaper material the people surrounding her wore. Behind him, were a few other older men and women dressed fancily, sitting there solemnly. 
 
It was that moment of silence when the man began to speak; his voice was boisterous and clear, full of conviction he said,
 
"The ladies and men of the city of Virtus. We gather here early on this day with the royals in our presence, in order to confirm that peace has been put in place between us six cities." He paused, a small smile placed over his lips, and she noticed the change of atmosphere around her, people seemed to be relieved.
 
"For now, we are safe as a city, but we still must be alert. If anything is to come up, then it is important that as a citizen of Virtus, that you report it. In the name of the Big Six, Ordinaire, Virtus, Festivus, Soulemn, Magicia and Riean, may our peace be kept forever. Remember to always take your identity token with you. Thank you."
 
With that said, Lynn watched the podium  and the people on it disappear right in front of her eyes, and in a flash, there was only the endless road in front of her. The crowd dispersed, some walked away, but others, seemed to disappear as well. 
 
She stood there, shell shocked at what she had just seen....this....how was this even possible?
 ------------------
MERRY CHRISTMAS EVERYBODY! (Well it is Christmas already in Australia so yeah!)
 
Hope this chapter was alright!! The fun all starts here kekeke
 
Please take your time to comment and subscribe and upvote!
 
Lots of love,
Bailin