004

The Time Traveller

'at that very moment, a flash of lightning blasted outside her window.'

'the girl.....was gone.'

Lynn was resting at home after the attack; her parents had told her that she was taken home; they had called the school already to give their child a few days rest.

 
Lynn could faintly remember someone had held onto her, yet, her parents did not know a thing about this said boy. They had come home to find Lynn collapsed on the couch, and immediately realised she was incredibly sick. They allowed her to rest.
 
But, Lynn was not able to sleep properly anymore; not after what had happened. The dark monster haunted her dreams, its hollow eyes became her nightmare, and the visible marks around her neck were a reminder of the chilling sensations.
 
Luckily, she was quick-witted enough to save herself. If she had not pressed the fire alarm...she would be a dead corpse now, leaving all the people she loved, behind.
 
Yet, she had so many questions, so many worries, yet no information. She knew though, if one person were to know, it would be Jin. 
 
The feelings she held for him had always been too conflicted. She trusted him, but also did not. She enjoyed his company, but was uncomfortable with his presence. Why was it so? She had no clue; it was just an instinct. She remembered the first time she met him, her body had automatically gone into a fight or flight mode. 
 
Unable to think further because her head hurt, she took out her phone, pondered for a few seconds over Jin's number, and then placed the phone away, unable to call.
 
Would she really be able to accept these answers? Was she ready to know the unknown? 
 
Taking out her gold pendant, Lynn spun it in her fingers, unsure of the mysteries held within this. 
 
 
 
 
"Tonight is the night," Jin said softly as he stared down at the passing people in the lighted streets of the city. He was up in a tower, a tall male next to him, also with a look of worry in his face.
 
"Once she goes back, anything could change. For my people, and for your people. So, why are you helping us?" the unknown male asked Jin.
 
"When she goes back, she will most likely see me. I probably won't even recognise her, but I hope, that I can redeem my past. It should've never turned out like this." 
 
 
 
The wind fought furiously against the windows, wailing for entrance with every clank and clatter. The night was restless, breaking the peace as a storm ensued, not allowing the girl in her bed even a minute of slumber.

Lynn Ceyn sighed heavily as she threw the blankets away from her body. Rubbing her neck tiredly with her left hand, she sauntered her way towards the desk, and carefully a small lamp. The light flickered on, and the black-haired girl stared at the gold pendant in her hands. It was a little smaller than her palm, it was shaped like a wreath, with two swords crossed in between like an X shape. Clutching it tightly, she felt a tingling sensation down her spine, the longer her eyes pierced into the circular object.

As she continued to stare, she was caught with surprise when suddenly, the piercing light from the lamp reflected from the golden pendant, right into her brown orbs. Her eyes widened, and at that very moment, a flash of lightning blasted outside her window.

And the girl who had been sitting on that chair, was gone.

 

 

In the city of Virtus, a stream of light shone through the clear night sky. Strays of light exploded silently everywhere, and in the middle of the dark woods, laid an unconscious black haired girl, whose modern T-shirt and leggings starkly contrasted the formal attire of the citizens living in Virtus.

As the skies rumbled, and the moon shone brighter and clearer than before, the night passed restfully, without a stir from the said girl.

-------------

Sorry this chapter is a little short, but a longer one will come next chapter! And that's when all the action starts :DDDD

Take care my friends, and please subscribe, up vote and comment your thoughts~!

Lots of love

Bailin