An Appearance

Give Me a Reason

Not to long after heading to bed, Jinhwan clambering in first followed by Hanbin. The two fell into a quick peaceful slumber.

Within the hour the two had managed to become tangled up in the shared blanket, Hanbin halfway overtop of Jinhwan. Jinhwan undisturbed by Hanbin’s weight.

Only a few hours passed by when the faint sound of shuffling could be heard outside of Hanbin’s room. Quietly the door faintly squeaked open as Bobby poked his head in. He glanced around only to find Hanbin asleep and Jinhwan underneath him.

He didn’t know what to think. To see Hanbin sleeping so soundly, or even the fact that Hanbin slept so quietly with Jinhwan. Not giving himself some time to take in the situation itself, Bobby swings the door completely open hitting the wall. To which both Hanbin and Jinhwan bolt upright completely awake and aware as their hearts hammer in their chest.

“Food, we have stuff to get done. Get up, both of you.” Bobby says stalely, his voice teeming with anger.

Jinhwan puts his arm around Hanbin, patting him on the shoulder, “Jealous much, right-right be there quickly. Out shoo.”

Bobby’s face goes from one of anger to baffled. “I- I am- your- JINHWAN.” He stutters as Jinhwan makes his way toward the door closing it in Bobby’s face.

Only to briefly open it again and whisper to Bobby, “Don’t worry idiot, its not what you think.” And with that he again shuts the door and locks it.

It takes Bobby’s brain a moment to catch up with the words Jinhwan just threw at him. Taking this as his cue to leave, he turns around to head to the kitchen. Questioning Jinhwan even after what he told him.

Having been the first to wake up he managed to run in to their manager first. Which meant everything they were planning to do today was just thrown at him and he was now expected to tell the others.

Having planned on talking to Hanbin first… he did not think Jinhwan was in there with Hanbin. He never even stopped to think that because Jinhwan wasn’t in his room that he would be there.

His brain went through the best way to tell them the days schedule. ‘One performance, practice, studio, and the show… but all of these, would include Hanbin. The company said he needed to make at least one appearance… one. But how would I even bring this up- ‘Bobby’s mind as clouded as it was, registered that Junhoe and the others made their way out slowly but surely.

“Morning” Junhoe said stretching on his way in. The others groaned and sat down on the chairs. The only two who were missing was Hanbin and Jinhwan.

Jinhwan after shutting the door had moved to sit back down on the bed, stealing the blanket for himself and wrapping up in it. “Did you manage to get some good sleep?” He asks fixing the blanket firmly around him.

“Better than the day before, yeah.” Hanbin responded, standing up and grabbing a change of clothes.

“That’s good, lets go and get some food.” Jinhwan replies jumping up with the blanket and heading to the door.

“w-wait.” Hanbin says turning to Jinhwan. “Is, should I…”

“What?” Jinhwan asks his head tilting to the side.

“Was I dating Bobby?” Hanbin ask his hands grabbing at the hem of his shirt.

Jinhwan let go of the door knob, “Is that what you remembered?” Jinhwan asked.

“S-sort of. It was something more of a feeling and what I could hear? God nothing, I am saying is making any sense to me right now.” Hanbin said his hands pulling at a loose string at the bottom of his shirt.

“Well, you’re not wrong. You guys were… dating.” Jinhwan answered, he leaned on the door.

“And I remember none of it. But that’s why… So are, is….” Hanbin felt his mouth become dry, afraid of the answer he might get. He decided to get it out as quickly as possible, “Are you and Bobby dating…”

Jinhwan pushed himself up off the door, “No.” Was all he said.

“Don’t lie- “Hanbin began only to be grabbed by his shoulders. The blanket wrapped around Jinhwan falling to the ground. His grip tightening around Hanbin, his eyes warm yet hard looking practically through Hanbin.

“No Hanbin, I am not lying. He may be staying in my room, but that doesn’t mean anything. You are stronger than this. Just, come get some food okay.” Jinhwan said loosening his grip on Hanbin.

Hanbin took in a small shaky breath, looking down to the floor, “O-okay.”

Jinhwan again picked up the blanket and wrapped it around Hanbin. He opened the door and pushed Hanbin out following from behind.

As they entered the kitchen the scent of freshly cooked food made itself known. Jinhwan lightly pushed Hanbin into the chair, grabbing a plate, pulling some food onto it and laying it before Hanbin.

Bobby was eating, slower then usual. His free hand lightly tapping away his anxiousness.

“Any news from the manager?” Jinhwan asked looking around the table as he took a seat to start eating.

Silence hung in the air for what felt like hours, months, years.

“I didn’t hear anything”

“Didn’t say nothing to me.”

“I dunno.”

A collective unsureness and confusion surfaced in the room. “Bobby?” Jinhwan asked.

A bit shocked Bobby glanced up to the others and leaned back in his chair, ‘its time… they need to hear it’.

“Uh yeah. I saw the manger this morning. He told me that,” Bobby let out a long sigh and looked around to everyone at the table.

Jinhwan raised his head and nodded, “spill.”

“The schedule for todays is essentially to go to the studio to practice, performance and lastly the show. However; Hanbin.” Bobby said glancing over to Hanbin who was adorably wrapped in his blanket like a taco. Hanbin looked up through his bangs confusion again covering his face.

“You’ll be making an appearance at the show and performance…” Bobby finished his words faltering by the end.