Prove It to Me

Give Me a Reason

"B.I., the producer of Running Man invited you to be on the show-," The CEO began only to be cut off by a faint response from B.I, "I refuse."

 

The CEO remained silent for a few moments just waiting to see if he had the audacity to interrupt him again. With no comment he continued from where he left off. "As CEO, I am telling you to go and represent IKON, it is your first chance to be on a variety show!"

 

B.I. started to mess with the hem of his shirt, "That's why... I can't go on the show! I have no experience, yet you expect me to represent the entire group, and company!" B.I said his voice subtly gaining momentum.

 

He never wanted to be on a variety show, he had no talents, no charms, and it made him feel anxious when people stared at him like some criminal.

 

He felt so lost ever since his father was on the news, they had some report come in that his father committed some elaborate crime.

 

"Han Bin... go on the show, prove to me that you are IKON's leader, and that you are capable of dealing with the news that the crime your father committed-" The CEO roared, "has nothing to do with you!"

 

"I... don’t want to be- alone..." B.I. felt a wave of fear and anger overwhelm him, he hated feeling so small. It wasn't him, he barely spoke to his father ever since he went to Seoul. He was not the type to get mad when he got angry, no he was more... hurt, so much so he would cry, however this was not the time nor place.

 

Bobby suddenly spoke up, "I- I could go, you know moral support, also as a teammate," Bobby said placing his hand on Han Bin's shoulder as reassurance, while staring straight at their CEO.

 

"Well, I can speak to PD-nim... It’s fine with me." The CEO glanced at the members, "You may leave, and I will call your manager if I get the ok from the PD. Go. Go!"

One by one the members stepped out of the office, quietly shuffling toward the elevator.

 

"You didn't have to-" Han Bin said looking at Bobby. “I know, but I wanted to." Bobby responded, "If the PD is okay with it I'll help you, yea?"

 

B.I. forced a small smile as he wrapped his arm around Bobby's. Bobby let B.I. lean on him as they silently headed to their van, once they got inside B.I. fell asleep on his shoulder.


 

"Han Bin!?" Bobby called out as he nudged the unconscious B.I.

 

They had just arrived at the green room for the Running Man program. B.I. had overheard how today was a Christmas special, reliving the days of the show xman. He felt so anxious and was unable to find bobby anywhere, in the end he asked one of the stylist noonas for an anxiety pill which he quickly swallowed and took a quick nap.

 

Bobby on the other hand went around introducing himself to the Running Man members as he proceeded to explain that it may not be the best idea to say anything about B.I's dad. They were surprisingly all accepting and said they understood. "It’s a first to see such concern for ones teammate from a man so young.”

 

In the beginning Bobby knew about the x-men show, he watched previous episodes from 10 years ago and was worried that someone may bring up B.I.’s dad during the “of course,” game. He had to make sure he did everything he could to prevent it.

 

He despised those rappers and the haters who used B.I’s personal private life for their own personal gain. He was tired of all the rumors, frustrated even because no one seemed to have their facts straight.


 

Every single night since he heard B.I. their strong, loud yet proud leader reduced to nothing but a crying mess who became quiet and introverted.

 

Only Bobby heard the cries Han Bin desperately but unsuccessfully tried to keep quiet. Every night Bobby had to deal with his inner turmoil, was he going to leave B.I. crying alone, or would he be there by his side comforting him every time? He struggled with his choices, either until Han Bin became completely silent or until he felt like he should be the one to heal his broken heart.

 

Bobby quietly climbed out of bed and sauntered over to B.I.’s, feeling around in the pitch black darkness to make sure he wouldn’t fall or hurt himself.

 

Once he found B.I.’s covers Bobby tugged slightly to let his presence be known. B.I. softly pulled the covers to make some room for Bobby.

 

“Han Bin, do you… need anything?”

 

B.I. pulled his covers down to look at Bobby, his eyes quickly adjusted to the darkness as he grabbed Bobby and pushed him onto the bed. “Can you- you just hold me?”

 

Immediately after the question Bobby slightly lifted B.I. to slip his arm underneath and tightly hugged B.I., “Anytime, you know that."