102

Sound of Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

You're in town again after a few days, just to do some personal shopping and to visit your favourite coffee shop for their exclusive seasonal drinks. You liked coffee, and it was definitely your 'go to' thing.

It's weird because you don't normally go out this often. Usually you would get too busy or too lost within life itself, reading books, doing projects, that you contrastingly forget how to actually live. But for you it's been like that for too long that you forgot what it felt like. Like your emotions are dead or something.

It's also been a few days since that strange incident with those two boys and a few bell peppers. It's been lingering on your mind for a while and you tried to brush it off, although deep inside you're really hoping to stumble across them some time during the day once again. What's weird is that you've been living in this town for a good years with a good amount of grocery shopping done, but you've never seen something like this happen, and especially haven't seen boys as peculiar and intriguing boys like them before. Ever. So you wondered if they were even from here, since nothing interesting ever really happens in a small town like this.

You walked down the street on your way to the coffee shop. You managed to treat yourself to a brand new pair of boots and a beige sweater, it's always good to have a change once in a while anyway. For some reason, you catch yourself looking at different directions and places you've never really noticed before, or maybe because you ignore them every time you walk on this street. But wait, maybe you were actually trying to look for them to see if they're around. 

But you couldn't deny that you did want to see him. To actually meet and introduce yourself to him, ask him why he did that and what was his intention. Actually, his intentions were pretty obvious, but still. You didn't even look at his face properly, just his mesmerizing honey, orange coloured hair and sharp jawline. That boy definitely perked up an interest in you.

The smell of cinnamon and mince pies automatically welcomed you as you enter the door of your favourite coffee shop, getting a sigh of satisfaction. You walked towards the counter and ordered their special 'Christmas latte' with of course, another cinnamon bun. The waitress smiled and said that the order will be on its way, and you took a seat by yourself on an empty table.

You brought out your phone just to check any messages, but it was empty. Who would you be texting at this time, anyway? Instead, you brought out your earphones to listen to some music to lesson the quiet atmosphere. You loved music. It was like they knew what you were feeling, and they knew exactly what to say to make it better. The waitress brought the cinnamon bun and latte to the table. "Thank you" you smiled. 

Before taking a sip, you re

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter