101

Sound of Rain
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Digging your nose in to your red checkered scarf, whilst burying your hands in to your pockets was all you could do to escape the chilly wind of this winters afternoon. You didn't usually go out, but today was to just let your mind drift a little to the outside world- oh and also because you needed to restock your fridge and cabinets. You knew it was going to be especially crowded today since it's almost christmas, which you would normally avoid crowded places, but you couldn't keep the fridge empty for any longer.

Walking towards the heart of town, it obviously became pretty busy. Especially since it's holiday season. People brush by you, carrying their enormous and ridiculous amounts of shopping bags with branded names clearly on display, whilst you walk merely empty handed. It was hectic. Music, sellers yelling to advertise their goods, people talking loudly over the phone to what they should get for their family; it was clear that among the crowds you looked plain and quite insignificant. But to you, it was fine. It was like this all the time anyway, so you're rather used to it.

Classic adverts of sales and offers were on display on pretty much all the stores, and you couldn't miss it. It drew you in, especially the dresses and clothes that they had on display, but you had to remind yourself that you weren't here for that. Besides, who were you trying to impress anyway? This red checkered scarf and brown boots were all you needed to survive this winter season.

People brushed themselves against you in a rush to get to where they're going, not caring about passengers near by. You simply shrugged at it and buried your hands into your pocket deeper to get away from the crisp cold.

You began to search through the crowd, to fulfill your purpose of why you came to the market in the first place. To buy groceries. A sweet scent suddenly wafted in to your nostrils, making you turn your head to the right to eye on some freshly baked pastries. All of a sudden your christmas spirit came up at the smell of cinnamon buns and hot chocolate. Tempted, you didn't hesitate to treat yourself. "Can I have one cinnamon bun and a mocha please?" you asked. The man nodded and handed you your items after you paid. You weren't real

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter