Shattered Pt. 2 (final) | ft. Xiumin

Always! [Baekhyun One Shot Collection]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Shattered Pt.2 (final) | ft. Xiumin

Tumblr

Character: Baekhyun, You

Type: Angst, fluff

Word count: 2665

*****

Baekhyun never thought about what he would feel when reality finally caught up to him, it was something way more painful than the lawsuit actually triggered in the past. Seeing you being transported to the camping place and then flown away to a hospital with a helicopter was something that he wouldn't really be able to ever forget, not with the immense guilt cursing through his body. It was unbearable.

“You found her Baekhyun?” The teacher walked up to him, stopping right in-front of him.

“I did.” He silently nodded. “I found her backpack lying there first and followed that trace.” It wasn't a lie, he really found the place that way. So why did it feel like he was actually lying?

“I don't believe you.” Mrs. Im looked ahead, her face grim and serious. “Since we came here, you were hogging her and bugging her to the extreme. Don't think that I was believing you not showing her down the stairs of the bus the day we arrived.”

Baekhyun's jaw tightened as a sick feeling spread in his gut. Was this woman serious? “Say that again.” He growled out, standing up and looking down at her startled body, spitting fire. “You knew? All this while and didn't thought about stopping me, at all?!” Tears of disbelieve and anger streamed down his face as he looked into the face of the woman who could and should have stopped him! Why didn't she? Why did she look away when it was her job to interfere?!

Gulping down in discomfort, Mrs. Im looked away. “I never saw you do something, it was always just a thought. I would have never thought you would be able to do this, not with how you was looking at her.”

“Don't lie.” Baekhyun spluttered out, his face contorted in disgust at the adult in front of him as he ignored her last statement completely. “I had a reason to hate her, my fault is that I acted upon it and hurt her. But you only, selfishly, thought about yourself and let your student get hurt because of me! ”

“Selfish?” Mrs. Im frowned. “Student get bullied for the bully himself to feel good. Bullying itself is a selfish act.”

“But I am just a teenage boy who didn't knew better.” Baekhyun finally exploded.“I never thought about the consequences and damage I was doing to her! Hell, I wasn't even seeing them when she was always right in-front of me. I never noticed what it did to her personality! But you –“, a sob broke free, “you were able to see everything. You were someone who looked from the sideline and didn't get emotionally into it! You had the subjective view, you are also an adult who probably heard and participated in thousand of lectures about bullying in high school and how to notice and prevent them!”

Mr. Im just looked at him with wonder, staying silent and not answering him in any way. Baekhyun was oozing with complete guilt and sadness. He was mad and while he was shouting at her, he was just releasing the pending anger he was actually feeling towards himself. His feelings are, again, misdirected.

“I will destroy you, Mrs. Im!” He promised, bitter tears rolling down his cheeks. “I will make sure that I am not the only one paying this price, I will take Y/N's revenge on the both of us! She never deserved this.”

“I am sorry?” The teacher raised an eyebrow, now completely baffled. “Why is it that you always need to blow up on other people to feel good?”

“What?” He growled out.

“Bullying Y/N was because you were misdirecting your sadness and searching for a scapegoat for all the madness in you and now you are doing the exact same thing with me. The only difference is that you are finally giving yourself some slack and blaming you as well. But why do you need to always hurt other people to feel good?”

Baekhyun didn't know how to answer to that. When did he turn into an egoistical jerk like that, giving people scars to heal his. Not wanting to be the only one with miserable feelings and be the source to that of others?

“I'm disgusting. I should have just left her alone, let her live her life in peace and enjoy the remaining days of her school life. Then maybe one of us would have a nice life.” He laughed at himself. “I should now just lock myself away and just come out for graduation or something.”

“Do you really think that would be what she wants?” The teacher sighed. “You are afraid to face her. But if you let that fear rule you, you won't ever make your wrongs right, you know. You would stay this guilty, probably forever.”

“I don't deserve anything else. Besides, she wouldn't want to see me.” He looked away. “I wouldn't want to see me.”

“That may be true, but Y/N deserves closure from that phase of her life. She deserves an apology, something that would mild all her bitterness and pain.” Sensing the questioning gaze in her, the older woman went on. “Y/N won't be able to enjoy the remaining time of school anymore. She will only take the last exams before graduation and stay mostly home, she already signed all formulas for that some days prior to this trip. That was the reason why I had her on my radar the whole time."

“She already prepared everything to get away from me.” He chuckled, self mocking.

The teacher just turned around, taking some steps away from Baekhyun. “You should at least visit her in the hospital, Baekhyun, just to see her. You guys were friends after all.”

“Where do you even know that?” He gaze turned glassy, his mind wandering to the past.

Turning to the boy, the older woman's face broke into a motherly smile. “You may not even notice it, but like I said before, your eyes are searching her during class. And whenever they reach Y/N's figure without her or even you knowing, they soften up. You have great affection towards her, which were deeply bur

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter