Nothing Changed

Always! [Baekhyun One Shot Collection]
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Nothing Changed

Tumblr

Characters: Baekhyun x Iseul

Genre: Angst, fluff

Word count: 1321

***

One of the most embarrassing things fully grown adults could face was not being able to look after themselves probably.

I couldn't cook for my life. My backing skills were far more decent and while I would love to live of cake and cookies, it was just too unhealthy. I needed to either marry someone who can cook or learn it myself. And because I am not the most social person out there who has a great interest in dating, the only open option would be learning it somehow.

The internet was not helping much and the receipt books were also problematic. I mean, I nearly burned my whole kitchen because I couldn't understand the next instruction and forget that I had something on the stow. Sad, I know.

So I desperately hoped that the new cooking class would help me with my incapability. Or help me with getting to know some dishes at least. I didn't want to be a master chef now, but at least learn some simple things that would be delicious and sating.

However, the class didn't just help me with that it made me meet someone who wouldn't even think of letting me go again. In a different situation that could actually sound cute, adorable or romantic. But in my situation, it wasn't.

Byun Baekhyun was the name of my partner in class. He was not very tall, but well built with an exceptional fashion taste and handsome face. He wasn't one who talked a lot though, for a fact, he never really answered any of my advances of getting to know him. It was hard to adapt to him altogether because he was more of a lone wolf. He did everything on his own, while I could just watch his work on the side line.

But it sure was weird. I thought that only people who didn't know how to cook would take part in such a class. Byun Baekhyun was far more skilled than the actual teacher. I often gazed at how he did certain things and tried to follow everything he was doing, it sure helped way better than trying to do it alone.

I don't even know when he started to notice me watching him but one day – right before he was about to cut the vegetables – he held the knife out for me to take. Since then he would rather make me do simply things, while he watched my progress. If I was too slow in doing something he would take over for me. And throughout our interactions we grew closer, both emotionally and physically. It was weird. At first he never said anything and only uttered a word for me to understand what he actually wants, but that changed into short sentences and then full conversations.

Whenever we finished a dish, we would share it and get to know each other more while eating. It went on with the normal talks, until he offered to walk me home. It evolved in small meet ups during the time of no classes, to small cooking dates in either his or my apartment. Sometimes we even t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter