CHAPTER VI

ANSWER ME 2016

“Hoseok Oppa is coming!” Jimin points at the figure who is entering the cafe

“Ya! Who are you pointing at and what did you just call me?” A man with fluffy coat sits next to Taehyung and looks at him “And who is this handsome man?”

Taehyung laughs “I am actor Kim Taehyung. It’s nice to meet you,Hallyu idol.”

Hoseok laughs out loud,the kind of laughter that Taehyung misses “May I do something,Kim-ssi?”

Taehyung gives a suspicious looks “Sure.”

Hoseok hit Taehyung’s arm right after getting the permission. “This is for didn’t give us any calls for 5 years! Do you know how much we miss you?”

Taehyung rubs his arm “Hyung,your hit is still as hurt as it was 6 years ago. Anyway,I’ve got hit by Jin hyung.”

“You deserve a hit by all of us,alien. Jimin-ah,namjoon hyung,go hit him as hard as possible to show him how much we miss him.”

And like that,Taehyung got a strong punch in the arm by Namjoon and his hair was pulled by Jimin.

“So,where’s Jungkook?” Hoseok looks around,realizing the maknae is not with them

“He’s on his way.” Jimin shows the message

“I know that kid would be succesful.” Hoseok drinks Jimin’s espresso

“Hyung,I already said that  before you came. Beside that,he is no longer kid.” Namjoon tries to correct Hoseok

“Time flies so fast,huh? He was a fetus 5 years ago.” 

“Hyung,he was no longer fetus since Dope era.” Namjoon once again corrects Hoseok

Hoseok rolls his eyes “He was the first one that decided to leave,right? I still rememberred when he left. Jimin-ah,you must be the most broken one since you were a big fan of him.”

Jimin smiles and steals a glance at Taehyung who is staring outside the window

No,Jimin wasn’t the most broken one.

===================

Jungkook packs his stuffs in the room that he shared with the leader. He’ll leave the dorm tomorrow and go back to Busan. It is 10 pm and the members are all asleep except Jimin who is at the hospital. He looks around the messy room. There was something in his heart that makes him take a deep breath. Doesn’t want to being dramatic,Jungkook walks out of the room,leaving Namjoon who sleeps soundly. But the room the he walks pass by wasn’t any better. It was the room that Taehyung shared with Jimin. It was the room where Jungkook and Taehyung shared their deep yet nonsense thoughts with.

“You’ll leave tomorrow?” A voice startles Jungkook

“Yes.” Jungkook answers while drinking a glass of water. He could hear a sigh from the deep voice

“Take care of yourself. Contact other hyungs when you’ve arrived there.”

“Okay.” Jungkook is still standing against Taehyung

“Can I hug you for the last time?”

A single tear rolls down on Jungkook’s cheek. He slowly nods

Three seconds later,he could feel the older backhug him. It stays like that for more than 2 minutes. No one makes a single small moves that might end it all. But one is too afraid to hug the younger a bit longer while the other is too proud to ask the older to stay like just for one more minute.

So,when Taehyung let go and takes a step back,Jungkook could only wish that the time stops for a minute so he could hug the older. But wish is often a useless weapon for those who don’t have the courage. And this man who doesn’t have the courage to even turn his back,could only hear the steps that are getting further away until it was finished with the sound of the door that is being closed.

=====================

Jimin wakes up to the sound of his own sob. He quickly wipes off the tears. But when he looks over the bed where Yoongi is lying,he realizes that the sob wasn’t only his.

“Hyung..why do you wake up in the midnight?” Jimin doesn’t know whether to feel sad or happy seeing  the older wakes up. He misses seeing those eyes. But the eyes are full of exhaustion and sadness that make Jimin’s heart breaks into pieces

“You don’t want to see me wake up?” Yoongi said slowly.

Jimin once again doesn’t know whether to feel sad or happy. He misses that voice so bad. But he could tell how much efforts that the older put just to say those words.

“Of course,hyung. Of course I want to see you wake up.” Jimin the older’s hair

“Jimin-ah,what do you wanna say?”

Jimin looks at the older “What do I wanna say?”

Yoongi nods “Don’t you remember? You can share your thoughts and feelings with me. Don’t keep it for yourself.”

Jimin burst into tears “I am sorry. I should’ve brought the piano faster. I am sorry because I was so late.”

Yoongi wipes away the younger’s tears without knowing that his tears are falling too “You’re not late at all,jimin-ah. Don’t apologize. Don’t feel sorry. It was something that we called fate. Now promise me something.”

“What is it?”

“Don’t ever hold back your tears,okay? Don’t tell yourself that you’re okay when you’re not. Don’t be like that because it will hurt you even more. Promise me.”

Jimin doesn’t say a word and looks down

“Jimin-ah,do you want to promise hyung?”

Jimin slowly nods “I promise.”

“Thank you. Now,can you let me go? Hyung feel so exhausted and sleepy. Hyung-“ Yoongi swallows his saliva “Hyung needs to rest in peace.”

And Jimin cries. He cries so hard that he doesn’t remember that it is midnight

“Hyung,I-I’ll let you go.”

 Yoongi smiles “Thanks,Jimin-ah. Hyung love you.”

“I love you,too,hyung. I love you. I love hyung so much. Sleep well.” Jimin said in desperation as Yoongi slowly closes his eyes

In January 9,2017,Min Yoongi has passed away.