CHAPTER IV

ANSWER ME 2016

All of BTS members get into the van. They just got the first place at Music Bank for their new single. 

“So,only Simply KPop left?” Jin eats his pizza

Hoseok nods “December 22,I guess. It is next week.”

“Finally!” Namjoon couldn’t hide the joy “I could sleep for more than 5 hours.”

Jimin looks at Yoongi who sits calmly at the back “Hyung,you have to check up your health condition. You seem so tired.”

Yoongi nods “Okay.”

All of the members are staring at the sleeping Yoongi. They notice something is wrong with him because he seems exhausted the most among the other members. They know it’s not because of his physical condition because he seems too tired to the point he was often caught being spaced out. He often forgets the choreography and he sometimes forgets his lines on the song.

But no members are  brave enough to ask him about that because the distance between them is somehow getting wider and bigger,not even Park Jimin,the dongsaeng that Yoongi is closest to. When other members are gathering and play around,Min Yoongi would sit in the corner and busy writing lyrics.

“Hyung,why hasn’t Tae hyung come here?” Jungkook looks around the car

“He said he would go back to the dorm by himself. Maybe he got something to do.” Jin answered

Jungkook looks at his watch “But it is already 10 pm. And it is raining. I am sure he doesn’t bring umbrella. I am gonna find him.”

Namjoon sighs while watching the maknae runs into the building without an umbrella “As expected,the over-caring maknae.”

Hoseok nods while watching soaked Jungkook “He doesn’t even bring an umbrella. But don’t you guys notice that when it comes to Taehyung,he was so,how would I explain it..”

“So protective and caring.“ Jin helps Hoseok find the right words

“Thanks,hyung. You are always there when I need you.” Hoseok dramatically hugs Jin who sits beside  him

Namjoon rolls his eyes seeing the scene “So,we have to wait for them?”

“Of course! Hyung,you were planning to leave without your dongsaengs? Hyung,Ohana means family and family means no one is left behind.” Jimin said dramatically

Namjoon once again rolls his eyes “This is why Jin hyung shouldn’t be in charge of the TV. You all are being so dramatic.”

“I bet he’ll take more than 10 minutes to find Taehyung. I’ll sleep for awhile.” Hoseok leans on Jin’s broad shoulder and sleep

================

Jungkook’s been wandering around the building for 10 minutes,yet,he still can’t find Taehyung. Many groups are still in the building due to the weather. He’s been going to 4 floors and asking people in the building. But Taehyung is nowhere to be seen. Jungkook is sure that Taehyung hasn’t left because he didn’t see Taehyung get out of the building when he was in the car.

“Excuse Me!” Jungkook walks into Red Velvet’s room “Did any of you see Taehyung?”

“Sorry,we didn’t see him.” Joy answers “You’re looking for him?”

Jungkook nods “I have to leave now. Sorry for interrupting you guys.”

“That’s okay. Anyway,did you see Irene while looking for Taehyung?”

Jungkook shakes his head “She’s missing,too?”

Seulgi sighs and nod “Yeah. She said she’ll be back soon. but it’s been 15 minutes and she still hasn’t come. We need to go back to our dorm.”

“I’ll tell her if I meet her.” Jungkook bows down and leaves the room

Jungkook could feel his legs are slowly losing the strength to make another step. But he forces them to walk toward the staircase to the basement. He is not sure why he is heading toward the basement because,why on earth would Taehyung be in the basement. But since he hasn’t checked this floor,he gathers the strengths and heading toward the emergency door where the stairs are at. But as he gets closer to the door,he could hear people are talking. And the more he gets closer,the more he could hear the familiar voice

“I think we need to leave. I told the members that I’d go to toilet and would get back soon. they must be looking for me now.” A girl is talking in a cute tone

“Why didn’t you tell them to leave first?” A voice that is so familiar to Jungkook,asks

“I was too nervous.” The girl said,still in cute tone

“Aigoo. You are so clumsy.” The deep voice’s owner laughs

“I’ll miss you. Let me know when you’ve arrived at your dorm,okay?”

“Okay. You go first. I’ll leave in 5 minutes.”

Jungkook walks away from the door while biting his lips and keeping his head down. He wishes he didn’t hear anything. He wishes he knew nothing. He wishes he didn’t recognize that deep voice. He wishes he were in a dream. But the agony in his heart is real enough to tell him that he’s not dreaming.
He sits on the staircase where no one passes by and leans his head on the wall. He pulls out his phone from the pocket. Taehyung is calling him. He doesn’t want to pick up the call but it has become his habit to pick up the call from Taehyung right away. How stupid,he thought.

“Hyung..” He mentally laughs at himself for being so pathetic

“Jungkook-ah,where are you? Jin hyung told me that you’re looking for me. I would go back to our dorm by myself,okay? Now go back to the van. They start to worrying about you now.” The voice at the end of the phone sounds worrying

Jungkook swallows his saliva “Hyung..where did you go?”

There are 3 seconds of silence before Taehyung speaks up “I went to meet my friend.”

The tears fall down as soon as Jungkook heard the answer “Hyung,I’ll hang up.”

He laughs right away after ended the call. And the laughter turns into sob as the minutes passed. Once again,he laughs over his sorrow. Once again,he becomes a pathetic man.

===============

“Jungkook-ah..rise and shine!” A deep voice is whispering near Jungkook’s ear

Jungkook doesn’t look at the owner of the voice. Instead,he reaches for his phone and looks at the screen. 9 am.

“Hyung really don’t wanna wake you up because you were looking for hyung for almost an hour. But your stomach kept growling while you’re sleeping. C’mon! I’ve prepared the breakfast for you.” Taehyung pulls Jungkook’s hand but the maknae shoves it

“I’ll be there in 5 minutes.” Jungkook said while hiding his head under the pillow

Taehyung smiles and the younger’s hair “If you weren’t there in 5 minutes,hyung would bring a bucket of water,okay?”

Taehyung sighs seeing the maknae doesn’t give a respond “You must be exhausted. I am sorry,Jungkookie.”

Jungkook turns around as soon as he heard the door is closed. He stares at the ceiling for a minute and laughs emptily. He doesn’t want to look pathetic so he decided to laugh instead of crying whenever he remembers what happened last night.

That’s how he spent the day with Taehyung for two weeks. He distanced himself from the older and gets closer to Jimin. He’d prevent to be in a room only with Taehyung. He’d spend more time being in the practice room and spent hours practicing.

And whenever he sees Taehyung  is smiling at his phone,he’ll look away and takes a deep breath to hold the tears. Whenever he remembers that night and the pain is coming,he’d laugh it off. He’d give an empty laughter that often turned into sob whenever he’s alone. For some reason,he thought he’s lost his mind.

His hyungs noticed it,of course. They tried to ask what’s wrong.

“Jungkook-ah,what’s the problem?” “Jungkook-ah,why do you distance yourself from Taehyung? Are you two in a fight?”

There’s only one answer to those questions “Huh? I don’t think something is wrong with us,tho.”

And so,they stopped asking him such questions.

Meanwhile Taehyung who realizes that the maknae was cold toward him,also distanced himself from the maknae. Taehyung thought the younger was mad at him because he made jungkook look for him for almost an hour. He misses the maknae so much but there’s nothing that he could do. He doesn’t realize that he’s worrying about the maknae until it affects his relationship with Irene. He barely calls and texts her. But Irene never complains about that,anyway.

And now all of them are having their breakfast silently,something that just happens lately. It is 7 am now and they’ll hold a fanmeeting tonight.

“Kim taehyung!” The manager walks into the kitchen while shouting

All of the members are startled. Yoongi stands up and is about to speak up.

“I am not calling you,Yoongi!” The manager points his finger at Taehyung who stays still on his chair “Kim Taehyung,have you seen today’s news?”

Taehyung slowly shakes his head while keeping his eyes on the manager. The other members look confused by the question as well

The manager reads out loud “BTS’ Kim Taehyung And Red Velvet’s Irene Are Caught Having A Dinner At One Of The Restaurant In Seoul On December 25,2 days ago.”

Taehyung looks down meanwhile the other members are looking at him intensively.

“Taehyung,do you still remember the regulation that you agreed when you signed the contract? ‘An Idol Under BigHit Entertainment Must Not Having A Special Relationship In Order To Save His Group’s Career’. Look what you’ve done? It was all over internet now and the fans are dissappointed at you and your group.”

“I am sorry.”

“Apologizing to me won’t solve anything. I’ll give you a time to think about what you’ve done and how it’d affect the group. Come to me when you’ve made your decision.”  The manager leaves the dorm

“Taehyung-ah..” Namjoon is the first one to speak up

“I am sorry.” Taehyung still keeps his head down

Yoongi stands up and goes to Taehyung. He grabs Taehyung’s shirt and punch him in the face. Jin and Hoseok quickly pull Yoongi away.

“Ya! How could you be this selfish? I know you love that damn girl but why can’t you keep it for youself? Don’t you think about the hardwork that we did? Don’t you think about your band mates? Don’t you think about our group? Don’t you think about the fans?” Yoongi shouts at Taehyung endlessly

“Yoongi,watch your words!” Jin shouts at Yoongi who’s getting out of control

“What about you,hyung?” Taehyung stands up “What about you who treat us as we are strangers? What about you who barely talks to us? You think the fans don’t notice it? Hyung,they are not stupid. They noticed everything. And do you know how hard it was for us to cover tons of mistake that you did during our performance lately? Of course,you don’t because you are too busy ignoring us for no reason!”

“Shut up!” Namjoon hit his hand on the table “Is this the right time to pointing others’ mistake?”

All of them are being quiet.

“Let’s separate first and think about what we’ve done.” Namjoon stands up and leaves the kitchen

Hoseok and Jin drags Yoongi out of the kitchen. Jungkook stares at Taehyung for a minute before leaving. Jimin gets closer to Taehyung and wipes the blood at  Taehyung’s lips.

“I’ll leave. Calm yourself down,okay? Listen to your heart. You know what’s the best for you.”

Taehyung wants to thank his bestfriend,but there’s no word that come out. Instead,he cries.

Jimin pats his bestfriend’s back and leave him alone.

Taehyung wants to listen to his heart. But it’s too chaotic that he couldn’t hear anything except the sob.