CHAPTER V

ANSWER ME 2016

 

Three days have passed since they had a fight. During those three days,they have to cancel some schedules. There are worrisome and critizes among fans. Meanhwile the members are given a week by the manager to decide what to do. To stop or forget what happened and go on. But no one of the members decide it yet. And today,Taehyung decides to fix the mistake that he did.

“I have made my decision.” Taehyung sits in front of the manager

“What is it,Kim Taehyung?” The manager asks coldly

“I was the wrong one. I know apologizing won’t solve thing so I will fix everything that has happened. I’ll talk to other members and we can start it all over again.”

The manager sighs “Jungkook came here 2 hours ago. He told me he want to leave.”

 =================

Taehyung spots Jungkook in the dance studio. He slowly walks toward the maknae and sits next to him on the floor. Jungkook is leaning his body on the mirror.

“I’ve been looking for you everywhere.” Taehyung looks at Jungkook “I heard that you want to leave the group.”

Jungkook nods “Yes.”

“I am sorry.”

“Why?”

“Sorry because I lied to you.”

“Why would you apologize? It’s not like it matters to me.”

“It does.” Taehyung reaches for Jungkook’s hand “Would you forgive hyung and start it all over again? Can you stay?”

Jungkook shoves Taehyung’s hand “It’s not because of you,hyung. I decided to leave because I think BTS would sink soon. One of the member is in the hospital right now. The other one is caught dating another idol. I guess it’s clear to see that BTS is slowly sinking.”

“Right! BTS is sinking. Our ship is sinking. But you are the best swimmer among us. That’s why you want to leave just because the deck has a hole,right? That’s why you prefer to leave instead of fixing it together with us.” Taehyung takes a deep breath “I made a big mistake. I admitted it and I regretted it. But using Yoongi’s hyung as an excuse to leave,don’t you think you’re being too much?”

There’s no anwer from Jungkook. The only thing that Taehyung heard is the echo of his voice

Taehyung stands up “Is there anything else that you want to say about us? Maybe you’d say that Jin hyung lacks in dance skill so you want to leave. Is there anything else that you want to say as an excuse to leave us?”

Once again,there was no answer from the younger. Jungkook keeps staring at the mirror in front of them. Taehyung realized that the Jungkook won’t say anything. He walks toward the exit door but his steps are stopped by a sudden question

“Are you sure that you can fix a heartbreak? Are you sure that you can fix the million pieces of my heart that you broke cruelly?” Jungkook stands up

“I don’t think you can,hyung. Because I myself,have been trying my best to fix it. But I failed. I was mad because you lied to me. But the anger wouldn’t last longer than a day. But this” Jungkook touches his chest “The pain in my heart,it wouldn’t go away since the day I found out that you and Irene met on the staircase until now.”

“You-you knew it?”

Jungkook laughs sarcastically “You think I was mad at you because you made me looking for you for an hour,right? Do you think I would be mad at you for such reason? Hyung,how could I get mad at someone that I’ve been secretly loving for 2 years just because I looked for him for an hour?”

Jungkook walks toward the exit door and holds the doorknob “Chingu? Yeot Meogo!”

And like that,Jungkook closes his painful love story as he closes the door.

It’s not easy to close the door and leave when the one that means the world to you is inside the room. But sometimes you just have to.

======================

Jimin’s been sitting next to the bed where Yoongi is lied for 2 days. He keeps looking at the older who is asleep. Two cups of coffee on the table weren’t touched at all since yesterday. Yoongi barely opens his eyes since the day he’s brought to the hospital by the manager.

Two days ago,Yoongi was sitting alone in the dance studio. He stared blankly at the reflection in front of him. A pathetic reflection that he barely recognized. The figure was thin and pale,making everyone wants to hug him and pitying him. He wasn’t Min Yoongi that the fans love and adore. He was Min Yoongi that the fans pity and critize. He was Min Yoongi that is disgusted by Yoongi himself. Just when he’s about to take the medicine,a man walked in and approached him slowly. The man stared at him for a minute before sat next to him. He was the man that Yoongi’d been missing since 3 weeks ago.

“Hyung,you don’t eat?” Jimin asked awkwardly as he was not talking to his hyung but a stranger

Yoongi shook his head “I am not hungry.”

Jimin sighed and looked at the mirror “You still need to eat. Hyung,do you know how sad we are seeing you being like this?”

“Of course” Yoongi bit his lip “Don’t you remember? I could feel what others can’t see.”

“Hyung,don’t you remember? I said you can share your thoughts and feelings with me.”

“It’s useless. It wouldn’t help.”

“Never gonna know if you never gonna try.”

Yoongi smiled “You’re quoting a song lyric in such situation?”

Jimin couldn’t help but being so happy as he saw the older smile “Hyung,don’t you remember? I am Park Jiminnie.”

Yoongi once again smiled “You sure want to hear this?”

Jimin nodded “I’m sure.”

Yoongi sighed “Jungkook was planning to leave the group because of the heartbreak. Taehyung,he broke up with Irene,and Irene didn’t seem sad at all. And that’s what makes Taehyung sad. He still hasn’t realized that Jungkook loves him. What a fool alien.” He laughed

“Jin hyung was offered a role in a drama. Namjoon was offered a project by hollywood. Hoseok was called by JYP yesterday. All of them are still thinking about it. And you” Yoongi looked at Jimin “You don’t even turn on your phone. I am sure many companies are trying to contact you. What a fool.”

Jimin laughed emptily “How could you know all of it,hyung?”

“My ability’s been upgraded by God,I guess.” Yoongi faked a laughter

“Then you should uninstall it.”

“I wish I could. But my mind’s capacity didn’t have enough room to save anything else anymore. It’s just a matter of time until hyung-”Yoongi swallowed his saliva “being replaced by a new device.”

Jimin could feel his heart skipped a beat. He could feel his heart was cracking slowly. But he didn’t want to show it to the older. So he just looked down and tried his best to not drop a single tear because his hyung hate being pitied by others.

“It’s not fun to talk about sad thing,right?” Yoongi straightened up his body “Let’s talk about our project.”

Jimin knew why Yoongi talk about such thing. He knew but he pretended he didn’t because he didn’t want to make his hyung sad “Our minnie minnie project?”

Yoongi laughed “You’re still not giving up on that name?”

Jimin smiled “I am a fighter who wouldn’t give up easily. What kind of project are we,minnie minnie, gonna do?”

“You truly are.” Yoongi the younger’s hair “I really am a fan of your dancing skill. I want you to dance to the music that I am playing with the piano. I want you to do the ballet.”

Jimin lost his word. He wanted to laugh but he’s afraid it would turn into a sob. So he just smiled “Hyung,why it gotta be ballet?”

“You’re good on dancing to girl groups.”

“But it doesn’t make me good on ballet. Have you seen me doing ballet?”

“I want to.”

To Jimin,every single word that the older said sound like a sad melody that makes him want to burst in tears. But as usual,he held on “Okay. Deal! When are we gonna practice?”

“Now.” Yoongi looked at the clock. It was 9 pm “Please?”

Jimin felt his heart break into pieces as he heard his hyung begging. He took a deep breath and stood up “Sure. I’d bring the piano. Wait for awhile,okay?”

Yoongi nodded “Thank you.”

Jimin quickly looked away and walked out of the room. He kept telling himself to not crying.

He went to the room where the piano was at. The piano was heavy but he didn’t care. He gathered the strengths and pushed it “It’s only two room away. Hang on,Park Jimin!”

Just when he was about to push the piano,Namjoon spotted him

“Jimin,what are you doing?”

Jimin noticed that Namjoon sound panic “I want to pract-“

“Yoongi hyung collapsed in the dance studio. You better be hurry. We’re gonna go to the hospital.”

 

Yoongi’s been in hospital for 3 days. Three days ago,the doctor told them that Yoongi is stressed  and thinks too much that it affects his physical health.

“Jimin hyung,you have to go home and get some sleep. I’ll sleep here tonight.” Jungkook walks into the room while holding 2 cups of coffee.  “Don’t reject it,okay? Yoongi hyung would be sad seeing you being like this.”

Jimin knew the maknae wouldn’t give up. So he stands up and pats  Jungkook’s shoulder “Take care of hyung,okay?”

Jungkook nods and sits on the chair next to the bed when Jimin closes the door. He looks at the pale and thin figure in front of him “Hyung,you must be exhausted. I wish I could enjoy the coffee again with you. We really miss you,hyung.”

Jungkook takes a sip of the americano “Do you know how broken Jimin hyung is? He didn’t eat and sleep for 2 days. We barely could recognize him. He didn’t cry at all but we know he’s so broken. So,please fight for him. For someone that you really love.”

Jungkook lays his head on the bed while crying. The skies are crying,and so is Yoongi.