CHAPTER III

ANSWER ME 2016

“Wassup?”

A voice makes Jimin and Taehyung turn around. A man who is holding an umbrella walks into the cafe. Meanwhile the other man who wears thick coat waves at them.

“Namjoon hyung! Jin hyung!” Taehyung can’t help but being so excited seeing two people that he he hasn’t seen for 5 years.

“Taehyung-ssi,you are more handsome in real life than on tv.” Namjoon hugs Taehyung

“Thanks,hyung. And you become cooler.”

Taehyung looks at Jin who stays still while intesively staring at Taehyung.

“Aren’t you gonna hug me?” Taehyung spreads his hand

But Jin doesn’t hug Taehyung. Instead,he hit Taehyung with the umbrella that he’s holding

“Do you know how much hyung miss you?”

 Taehyung tries his best to dodge,but he fails “Okay. I am sorry. I miss hyung,too. Can you stop hitting me now?”

Jimin laughs at his same aged friend who is being hit by the umbrella “Finally you get the punishment from our mom.”

They are sitting while enjoying the warm coffees. It is 8 pm now and Apgujeong is raining.

“But seriously tho. I watch your movie and your acting was incredible.” Namjoon pats Taehyung’s back.

“Your album was incredible as well. It kinda reminds me of cypher. Ahh...” Taehyung leans his back on the wall “I miss those moments so bad.”

 “Aren’t we all?” Jin looks around “Anyway,they haven’t come?”

“Hoseok hyung would be here in 20 minutes.” Taehyung shows the message from Hoseok

“And Jungkook?”  

“He’s on his way.” Jimin said “He’s super busy.”

Namjoon nods “I know that kid would do something great. He’s good on literally everything. Is that even fair?”

“I heard he’s dating IU. You guys still remember how much he liked her,don’t you?”

Namjoon once again nods “But not as much as he liked Taehyung.”

Taehyung chokes after hearing what Namjoon said.

“True!” Jin adds up “You two were like those red and yellow larvas.”

“Hyung,couldn’t you use a better example?” Namjoon protests

“You two seriously need to stop bickering.” Jimin laughs at his hyungs

“Hmm..and here we have a man who’s enjoying his album sale.” Namjoon steals a glance at Jimin.

“I think Jimin is the one who changes the least among us. Still adorable.” Jin pets Jimin’s head

Jimin gives a cute smile meanwhile Taehyung wants to vomit seeing the smile “Thanks,hyung. My fans said that as well.”

“Don’t be arrogant. If Yoongi hyung were here,you’d get hit by him.”

Namjoon quickly apologizes after realizing what he just said “I never meant to-“

“That’s okay,hyung.” Jimin Namjoon’s  back “Anyway,do you guys still have our songs on your phone?”

Jin quickly pulls out his phone “Of course. I still am listening to them. I am so loyal,huh? Let’s play some songs while we’re waiting for them. What song do you guys want to listen to?”

Everyone gives different requests so they start with the song that Jin wants,’Rain’. “It suits the weather.” He said

And so,the cafe is filled with the song that makes four men staring outside the window

================

“This is my favorite weather.” Yoongi snuggles under the blanket.

It is 7 pm and Seoul is raining. All of the members are gathering in the pratice room.

“I know why this is Yoongi hyung’s favorite weather.” Jimin suddenly speaks up

“Why?” The maknae asks

“Because it reminds him of my high note in ‘Rain’.” Jimin answers cutely

All of the members are ignoring him,except the leader “So cute.” Namjoon said

“This is the weather that I hate the most.” Taehyung stares outside the window “So boring.”

“But this kind of weather is such a lyric material. There are thousand of lyrics that were inspired by rain.” Namjoon gets into his emo mode.

Jimin nods “You can create thousand lyrics that involved rain.”

The rain is falling. And so are my tears.” Jin makes an attempt

“That’s so cheap.” Taehyung said “Dancing under the rain with you. That’s my biggest dream.”

“Your dream got no jams.” Jimin looks at Yoongi “Hyung,you are the expert here. C’mon! Show us what you got.”

Yoongi rolls his eyes “Can’t I just enjoy the weather?”

But he does what Jimin asked him,anyway “The raindrops make me realize that even the big great sky could cry. Even the strongest people are weak at some point of their lives.

“Hyung,why it gotta be so deep?” Jimin wipes a single teardrop on his cheek

Yoongi laughs “It’s not that deep. You’re such a cry baby.”

All of the members are asleep in the practice room due to the weather. There are only Jimin and Yoongi who are wide awake. They are sitting next to each other in the darkness. The light from the street lamp wasn’t bright enough to light up the room. It is 8 pm now and Seoul is still raining. There was a long silence between Yoongi and Jimin until Jimin broke it.

“Hyung,why don’t we talk about our project?”

“What project?”

Jimin rolls his eyes “Don’t you remember? You said you want to collaborate with me and make a sub unit called minnie minnie.”

Yoongi thinks for a minute “Ahh..that one. But I never said the name would be minnie minnie.”

“It’s cute. Let’s name it minnie minnie.”

“You think we’ll dance cutely?”

“We won’t?”

Yoongi sighs “And  then they ask why I hate you.”

Jimin laughs “Hyung,I once found a saying on twitter. It said sometimes people said ‘I Hate You’ to those who they really love.”

“Whatever.” Yoongi lays on the floor

Jimin does what Yoongi did and stares at the older.

“Why are you staring at me creepily?” Yoongi realized Jimin’s been staring at him for more than a minute that it makes him uncomfortable

“Hyung,the street lamp lights you up on the right angle. You look so handsome.”

“Park Jimin,stop being a creep. No wonder why Jungkook is afraid of you.” Yoongi moves an inch further meanwhile the younger just laughs

“I could understand why Jungkook stays away from me. But I don’t understand why he’s so close to Taehyung. Like,so close to the point they look like those yellow and red larvas.”

“You don’t?” Yoongi asks

“You do?” Jimin looks at his hyung

“Ah,I shouldn’t say anything.”

“Hyung,does Jungkook like Taehyung?”

“Oh my God,Park Jimin. Lower your voice!” Yoongi scolds the younger who talks in a voice that makes Namjoon moves a bit.

Jimin gasps “So,it’s true?”

Yoongi hesitately nods while mentally apologizing to Jungkook.

Jimin who’s still in shocked,looks at the maknae who’s sleeping next to Taehyung  “For-for how long?”

“I don’t know. But I noticed it since two years ago.”

“Wow. He hides it well. It must be so hurt.”

“It is.” Yoongi closes his eyes

“Hyung,how could you know?” Jimin finally gets his eyes off from Jungkook and Taehyung

“I don’t know. I just kinda figured it out. At first I thought they just did a fanservice. But,I realized that there’s a sincere and feeling on the skinships that they did. I think Taehyung likes Jungkook as well. But he just hasn’t realized it.”

Jimin tries to proceed the explanation on his head “Hyung,do you know that you sound so cool when you explain it? I wish I had this kind of ability,to see what people can’t see.”

Yoongi smiles “I wish I could donate it to others because it’s so hard to have this kind of ability.”

“Why?”

Yoongi sighs and shrugs “I don’t know. It was not fun at all to see others suffering. I really feel bad seeing Jungkook carrying the feeling for himself for two years. I really felt bad seeing Jin hyung got sad when he got a little parts in our songs. I really felt bad seeing Namjoon being sad when the netizens talked about his looks. There are so many sadness inside me that’s not supposed to be mine. My heart feels so heavy everyday.”

Jimin notices teardrops are falling on his hyung’s cheek. When he wipes it using his hand,the older doesn’t move at all

“Hyung,you can share your feelings,thoughts,and worries with me. Don’t keep them for yourself,okay? You know that I’ll always be by your side,don’t you? Don’t let them burden you.”

Yoongi smiles . There’s only a single word that slipped out of his mouth “Thanks.”