CHAPTER I

ANSWER ME 2016

Jimin finds Taehyung is sitting alone when he walked into the small cafe in Apgujeong. There are only several people in the cafe since it is already 7 pm. He walks toward the brown haired man.

“Ya!” Jimin touches Taehyung who is sitting against him

“Jesus Christ,you scare me!” Taehyung almost fell off his chair when a hand suddenly touched him

Jimin laughs and pulls out the chair “This isn’t a good way to greet your long lost bestfriend.”

“Yeah,long lost bestfriend that I thought had died. Espresso?”

“Yes.” Jimin takes off his coat “Didn’t you turn on your tv? I am there 24/7. My music videos can be seen everywhere.”

“I am escaping.” Taehyung drinks the caramel macchiato

“Still can’t get over it?” Jimin tries his best to not to look like he’s pitying his bestfriend who is nodding slowly right now.

Jimin is about to say something when a blonde girl suddenly approaches them

“Hello! Are you two BTS’ members?” A foreigner is standing beside the table

Jimin quickly bows followed by Taehyung “Ah,yes. We were BTS. You were a fan of us?”

The girl shyly nods “I still am a fan of you all. Can I ask for a sign?”

Jimin smiles “Sure.”He takes a paper from his bag “I am sorry,but the others haven’t come so there would be only two signs. May I know your name?”
“It is Olivia. Thank you.”

“Taehyung-ah,what day is it now?”

Taehyung who’s been waiting for his turn to give a sign,rolls his eyes and looks at his watch “Tuesday,August 5,2022.”

==============

AUGUST 5,2016

“What’s your name,little girl?” Taehyung the 9 years old girl’s hair who is holding a poster of Taehyung.

“My name is Mirae.” The girl smile shyly.

“Mirae.” Taehyung writes on the pink notebook “Be a good daughter for mom and dad. Be a smart student. Kim Taehyung Oppa-August 5,2016.”

“Thank you.” The girl bows down and walks away with a big smile on her face. Taehyung waves at her.

“Hyung,look what the fan gave to me” Jungkook who is sitting next to Taehyung,holds an iron man doll.

“Cool!” Taehyung takes the doll and plays with it “Your fans really know what you like. One of my fan gave me UFO replica.”

“Then you can ride it and back to your planet.”

“Shut up,Park Jimin!” Taehyung said without turning back at Jimin who sits on his left.

Jungkook who just finished giving another sign,looks at Taehyung who’s still observing the doll “Hyung,you can have it. You like it,right?”

Taehyung stops playing with the doll and looks at the maknae. He then smiles “Aw,look at our maknae. You’ve grown up,kookie.” Taehyung pets Jungkook’s head “I don’t really like Iron Man,though. I prefer Captain America. Here,this is yours.”

Jungkook doesn’t take the doll that Taehyung gave. Instead,he looks at his hyung carefully “You sure don’t want it?”

Taehyung once again just smiles seeing the younger’s cute act “Why would I lie? If I liked it,I’d have 1000 ways to take it from you. Here,take it.”

Jungkook hesitately takes the doll from Taehyung.

=============

The dorm is filled with Cypher that is playing on Taehyung’s phone. Meanwhile the phone’s owner is excitedly singing along with Namjoon. It is 10 pm now and they just finished their schedule for today.

“Aish. So noisy.” Jimin who sleeps on the sofa,covers his head with pillow

“But I don’t care. You can’t control my ” Taehyung screams and pulls out Jimin’s pillow. On the next minute,he received a kick from his same aged friend.

“Taehyung-ah,let’s continue it tomorrow. Imma sleep now.” Namjoon gets up and walks into the room that he shared with Jungkook.

“But it is only 10 pm..” Taehyung said as he watches the leader leave him alone

“It is ‘Only’ for you,but not for us. Get into your room now and sleep. Save your energy for tomorrow.” Jimin talks unde the pillow.

“Aren’t you gonna sleep in our room?” Taehyung asks his roommate who doesn’t move at all

“Imma sleep here tonight. I am too tired to make any moves right now. Don’t you say that you’re afraid.”

“Of course. I am not scared.” Taehyung gets up and walks to the kitchen where Jungkook is at “Jungkookie,let’s sleep in my room tonight. Jimin said he’s sleeping outside tonight.”

Jungkook who’s busy shoving the food into his mouth looks at Taehyung “Really? Are you two fighting again?”

“No.” Taehyung looks around “Anyway,where’s Yoongi hyung?”

Jungkook is still busy with his food “He’s been sleeping in his room.”

Taehyung just nods “He seems exhausted lately.”

“He seems tired all the time.” Hoseok suddenly sits beside them

“Yeah,all the time. 24/7.” Jungkook adds

“I heard what you guys are talking about!” Yoongi walks into the kitchen with  heavy steps

“I didn’t say anything. Let’s go to your room,hyung. I am so sleepy.” Jungkook gets up followed by Taehyung.

Taehyung looks at Yoongi “Hyung,you’re so pale. I think you need more sleep. Rest well,okay?”

Yoongi just smiles seeing the alien being so caring “Aw..I wonder what Jin hyung feeds this alien today that he becomes so caring toward his hyung.”

“Hey! I’ve been like this all the time.” Taehyung protests

“The last time I checked you only care about the maknae.” Hoseok said without getting his eyes off from the phone screen.

Jungkook who is washing the dishes stops for a second before continue washing the dishes. There’s a big smile on his face.

“The last time I checked I bought you pizza in the midnight because you said you’re hungry.”

“The last time I checked you two need to shut up and get into your own room and sleep.”

As soon as Yoongi spoke,they rushed out of the kitchen.

==============

Jungkook and Taehyung are lying on a bed without any lights. They two shared a silence for something like 2 minutes before Jungkook broke it.

“Hyung,your room is so neat and clean.” Jungkook tightens the blanket

Taehyung smiles “That’s because your room is way too messy.”

“Well,that’s not my mistake. Blame on Namjoon hyung.”

Taehyung once again laughs “Then you can sleep here every night.”

“Really?” Jungkook looks at the older

“Sure,you can sleep with Jimin and I’ll sleep with Namjoon hyung. Jimin wants to share a room with you so badly. And for me,I can make a project with Namjoon hyung and we can play cypher and sing along to it every night.” Taehyung said excitedly.

“Nevermind. I’ll just continue sharing a room with Namjoon hyung.” Jungkook turns his back against the older

“Why? You really dislike Jimin that much?”

Jungkook shakes his head

“Is that because it’d be so loud if I and Namjoon hyung shared a room?” Taehyung sighs

“No.”

“Ahh..” Taehyung rolls his body to get closer to the younger “You are jealous,aye?”

“What are you talking about? Why should I get jealous?”

There is no answer from Taehyung.  Jungkook turns around and stares at the sleeping Taehyung

“Of course. Of course I’d be so jealous if you spent more time with other hyungs than with me.”