Five

Tempo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Five.

 

Seung Hyun slumps on the dark leather couch, flipping through the channel randomly. He stops at the local news, not bothering to find anything else. Seung Hyun glances at the clock on the wall. 7.30 pm. A very rare evening where he's actually free and does not have the urge to be in the practice room. Three of s are out, all at different locations, doing different things. It will only be Ji Yong and him tonight. He looks at the closed door at the corner of the apartment, listening to the sounds of coming from the room. Always composing, that one. The musical genius of the group.

 

Seunghyun's stomach rumbles, reminding him again of his body's need for food. A packed day schedule hadn't left him time for lunch but now a tired body prevents him from moving to the kitchen. He wonders if he should exercise his position as hyung and make Big Bang's leader, GDragon himself, to do the cooking instead.

 

"Yong-ah! Do you want to eat?" He yells then waits. The music stops and moments later Ji Yong stuck his head out the door. His hair is back to jet black again, Seunghyun notes, amused. The boy changes hair colour and style as many times as Seungri changes girls.

 

A lot.

 

"Are you eating, hyung?" Ji Yong asks sauntering over.

 

"I'm hungry. Should we cook?" Seunghyun asks as Ji Yong plops himself down next to him. Seunghyun shifts a little, making room for him.

 

"What are you watching?" Ji Yong blatantly ignores the question. Ji Yong's younger. The only one who would end up being in the kitchen preparing dinner would be him. Ji Yong reaches over, grabbing the remote control, surfing for something else.

 

"I'm not sure. I'm hungry. Go prepare something." Seung Hyun nudges him. Ji Yong shifts but didn't bother to move.

 

"Ramen?" Ji Yong asks absent-mindedly, his focus on the television. News, re-runs, documentaries, news again, quiz show, ah Music Core. Ji Yong stops at the channel. A girl is dancing on screen. The one from a girl band. It takes him a few moments to put her face with her band's name. Kara. She's the Kara girl. Ji Yong can't quite remember her name though. The one with the long hair and the big eyes. Pretty. And one hell of a dancer too, he notices.

 

"Is she from the -dance one or the furry paw one?" Seung Hyun asks, watching with mild interest at her gyrating waves and moves.

 

Ji Yong chuckles. "Hyung, all of the groups have a move. And it's the -dance one." He clarifies.

 

Seung Hyun isn't faking it, Ji Yong knows. The rapper hardly shows any interest in the bands dominating the Korean pop industry. His music tastes veers too much from the conventional, and Seung Hyun definitely doesn't care much for bubblegum pop. Seung Hyun can hardly keep up with all the different bands sprouting much less their song titles, so he remembers them by their dance moves instead.

 

"All of them look the same to me." Seung Hyun defends. He rises from his seat, really hungry now. And it's obvious that Ji Yong isn't going to bother with cooking anything. Especially not when girls are prancing about on tv. The brat. Seung Hyun drags his feet to the kitchen. Ramen it shall be.

 

"Oh it's our CL!" Ji Yong exclaims. Seung Hyun's head whips at the mention of Chae Rin's stage name and true enough, she is on screen, dancing solo to an uptempo beat. Seung Hyun walks over to the edge of the couch, attention focused on the screen. Ji Yong pulls him down that he straddles over the arm of the couch.

 

"Ah, so it's this." Seunghyun mutters under his breath. Chae Rin moves with the rhythm, flawlessly executing her motions, strong powerful moves that complement the tough street image 2NE1 is known for.

 

Watching her brought memories of their kiss five nights ago. Not that he hadn't been thinking of it already. He does, too many times in fact. His schedule has been crazy but he had hoped of meeting her but there was not even a chance meeting at the YG building. He wanted to talk to her too, even crafted a text message before he realised he does not have her number. To ask Ji Yong or Seungri would mean answering a crazy number of questions and what good reason was there for he, Big Bang's TOP, to ask for 2NE1, CL's number when thre's no reason to? To share rapping tips?

 

"It's what?" Ji Yong asks, glancing over at him, breaking his thoughts.

 

"Dance battle she was telling me about." Seunghyun answered.

 

"She told you about this?" Ji Yong never thought they even notice each other.

 

Seung Hyun hears the incredulity in Ji Yong's voice and feels heat spreading across his cheeks.

 

"Uhm." He mumbles, ignoring Ji Yong's raised eyebrows. "We walked home together the other night..." He trails off, bringing his attention back to the screen. Ji Yong looks at him questioningly but shrugs it off when he realises the older one isn't paying him much attention.

 

"Whoo! Baddest female!" Ji Yong yells as Chae Rin pulls a complicated dance move on screen. Seung Hyun grunts.

 

"So she told you about the battle?" Ji Yong glances over when Seung Hyun does not answer. He is intently watching the dance, either not quite listening or not quite caring. Possibly both.

 

How intriguing.

 

At the loud cheers the fans were shouting, Seung Hyun lips pull into a small smile.

 

"Why do you look like a proud boyfriend?" Ji Yong asks, further amused when a tinge of red colours Seung Hyun's cheeks. Seung Hyun looks at him before turning away, blatantly ignoring his remark.

 

"Hyung, it's hard to tell really, but you look a little red." Ji Yong points out. "What the hell is wrong with you? Why are you so smittened?" He prods.

 

"Punk." Seung Hyun mutters, shoving Ji Yong away. "She's YG." Seung Hyun finally, weakly explains.

 

"Ah." Ji Yong concedes. He'll let it go this time. He looks at Seung Hyun whose attention is still on the screen. Truth be told, Ji Yong has never seen him like this.

 

Seung Hyun isn't someone who is easily interested by anything. Ji Yong can count off his interests in one hand.

 

Clothes. Drinking. Shoes. Rapping. And well, drinking. His interests hardly ever include girls.

 

Not the hoardes of them who are constantly following Big Bang and hardly by the various female artists surrounding them, even when there had been more than a few occasions where their interest in the Big Bang ra

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter