Two

Tempo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Two

 

Chae Rin stops near the vent and stares quietly, waiting for him to exhale. Seung Hyun forms an ‘O’ with his lips and blew out his puff of smoke in a perfect ring, watching it float in the cold air before it disappears. On reflex, she crinkles her nose at the smell that is sure to waft her way.

 

Seung Hyun chuckles seeing her reaction. “You do that a lot.” He states.

 

“Sorry. It’s not that I mind you smoking, it’s like a reflex since young.” She explains.

 

Seung Hyun pushes himself off the vent and stood next to her. And he realizes how tiny she seems, next to him.

 

“What were you doing here so late?” He asks.

 

“Practising for the dance battle next week.” She answers.

 

“Ah, Minji too?” He asks, looking around for YG’s maknae.

 

“No. It’s just me this time around. What about you? Why are you still here?” She asks, taking steps away from him. The wind carries his scent of wood and musk underneath the superficial scent of tobacco. The combination is not entirely unpleasant and her heart races with her complete awareness of his presence. She quickly dismisses the foolishness. It must have been the can of coffee she had taken three hours ago.

 

“Some stuffs for the solo. You’re alone? Where’s Ji Eun noona?” He takes a couple of steps away too, suddenly uncomfortable.

 

“Ji Eun unnie is taking Bom unnie for Inki early so all of them left earlier.” Chae Rin explains, adjusting her backpack. “Anyway, I should get going before it starts to rain.” She looks up to the sky to emphasise her statement.

 

Seung Hyun grunts, studying the sky. “Anytime now.” He mutters. “So you’re walking alone? I’ll walk with you.” Seung Hyun decides, starting down the path towards the main road.

 

“Aniya. It’s fine. I’ll be fine, there’s no one around anyway.” Chae Rin calls out after him.

 

Seung Hyun turns to look at her. He pauses, seemingly thinking.

 

“It’s alright. I need some sleep anyway. Might as well be now.” He shr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter