One

Tempo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

One.

 

Chae Rin gasps as a blast of chill air hits her face as soon as she steps out of the building. The warmth of her breath mingles with the air, forming tendrils of vapour that disappears as soon as they are formed. She hates the ridiculous weather. Spring is making its return and yet the frigidity of winter still lingers, prolonging its stay.

 

The sudden rumble in the sky makes her look up towards the pink-tinged heavens and she lets out a sigh.

 

Great. She has to deal with the freezing temperature and now the rain. No umbrella too. She’s too cool for an umbrella. That, and the fact that she’s always forgetting to bring it with her. Absolutely great. A walking icicle. That's what she'd be by the time she reaches her apartment a couple of streets away.

 

She pulls her jacket closer, zipping it up all the way to her chin. Shoving her hands into the pockets, she wishes she had chosen a thicker jacket. Or at least grabbed a pair of gloves.

 

“You’re just leaving?” A voice calls out to her. Chae Rin turns, looking for the owner. She makes out a distinctive figure on her right, but his face is well hidden in the shadows of the dimly lit corner of the building. The new YG building is bigger but to save money, most of the lighting in common areas either work only based on censors or the orange energy-saving ones. And right now, the man was cast in orange. Not very flattering.  

 

But Chae Rin does not need a visual to know who it is. She knows the voice well. The deep voice can only belong to Choi Seung Hyun. Or TOP as the world knows him by. The manic rapper of idol band Big Bang.

 

He is seated atop the air-conditioning vent, long legs hanging over the side, cigarette in between his fingers. He really shouldn’t be smoking, being in the singing profession. And generally people seem to frown on the idea of idols who smoke, but it is t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter