Four

Tempo
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Four

 

Seung Hyun leans against the wall of the elevator lobby, watching the numbers descend on the digital display. It’s at the fifth floor now. He glances over to Chae Rin who has chosen to stand near the elevator. Hands in her pockets, she stands there, quiet, occasionally shifting her weight, looking at everything else but him.

 

Funny, considering there’s nothing much else to see in the sparse lobby. Tonight seems to have affected her as well. He isn’t surprised.

 

Hell. He had surprised himself many times tonight. When he had put on his beanie on her, when he had held her hand and then running in the rain. He remembers the warmth of her hand in his and he curls his fingers in the memory of it. He hadn’t expected the perfect fit their hands had formed with each other’s. Holding her hand had felt surprisingly right.

 

Seung Hyun wonders if it’s very foolish to hope she had felt that way too.

 

The ding of the elevator doors indicates its arrival on the ground floor. Seung Hyun straightens up, pulling himself from the wall. He takes languid steps towards her, dragging his feet to stand by her side as he waits for the doors to slide open. She glances at him and smiles. Seung Hyun swallows ignoring the little flip his heart does in reponse.

 

Damn. He needs to get better control of himself.

 

“It’s here.” He mumbles, stepping forward. He holds the door for her as she steps in. Chae Rin moves towards the further end of the elevator as he follows in after her, standing closer to the door, opposite her.

 

Seung Hyun doesn’t move in because any closer, and he isn’t sure he would not do anything stupid.

 

Stupid things that could possibly make her punch his face in. Because, the girl’s fierce enough that way.

 

“Sixteen please.” Chae Rin mutters as he reaches out for the buttons.

 

Seung Hyun raises his eyebrows at the obvious statement. She reddens. His lips stretch with his amusement.

 

“I know that.” Seung Hyun affirms, as the doors slide close.

 

Chae Rin does not think that it is possible to feel more embarrassed. How is it that this man before her can easily strip her tough exterior and make her feel all flustered? And he had been doing it so many times the entire night. Making her shy, embarrassed, nervous and definitely making her heart do weird tumbles whenever he looks her way.

 

Like the way he is looking at her right now.

 

And there, another skip in her heartbeat.

 

People say that TOP of Big Bang is enigmatic. The Big Bang people do not quite understand but drawn to anyway. Tonight, Chae Rin finally understands what they mean.

 

“Just in case.” She defends.

 

“And Big Bang is on the nineteenth.” He teases her.

 

“I know that.” She mimics his low baritone.

 

“Just in case.” He replies, before bursting out a chuckle. “You’re weird.” He continues.

 

“The whole night has been weird.” Chae Rin mutters.

 

She looks at him, waiting for some sort of agreement. That it isn’t her just feeling this weird energy between them.

 

Seung Hyun just stares at her, not saying anything.

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter