Looking for a Way Out

Actually Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Sooyoung POV

 

 

“Then, what should I say to him?”

 

I never really expected this! I was hoping no one would notice the problem between me and Sungjae Oppa. When Irene Unnie came over me and asked what’s wrong, I told myself, “Okay, it’s okay if I let her know about this.” She would be the only person I would tell. But, when I began to cry, Wendy Unnie approached me as well and invited me to speak. Finally, Seulgi Unnie and Yerim also joined our conversation.

 

After talking to them, I actually felt glad that they found out. They gave me advice on how to deal with the husband-and-wife-bickering I was going through. And after consulting with them, I finally decided to go with Seulgi Unnie's suggestion. Of course, Seulgi Unnie is the one with the best ideas.

 

“Say ‘I wanna talk’,” Wendy Unnie had suggested.

 

I considered her plan. But our maknae seemed to disagree. “Ya! That mean Sooyoung Unnie has to wait two whole weeks until Sungjae Oppa comes back from Japan!”

 

“No! They can talk on the phone!” Wendy Unnie defended her idea.

 

“He's most likely busy shooting for the two weeks. I'm not sure if he has enough time to talk with Sooyoung Unnie over the phonea bout the problem," Yerim continued to argue, and Wendy Unnie nodded, finally giving up.

 

“Sooyoung can send a recording to Sungjae! She can tell him everything she feels right now,” Irene Unnie said when it was her turn.

 

“Why not a voice message instead?” Seulgi Unnie piped up.

 

“No. I have a feeling Sooyoung will mess up if it's a voice recoding; see how afraid she is right now. A recording is better; more raw and sincere.”

 

While my four friends continued to debate, I was thinking of what I would say to Sungjae Oppa. I agreed that I would tell him all I feel. But not here. It would be embarassing as hell if I made the recording here, in front of the other members. This issue was between me and my husband, anyways.

And so, I cut of their raging debate. “I'm gonna go.”

 

“What?” the members all asked in unison. "Why?"

 

“This is my problem with my husband. I will record something, but I want to be by myself.”

 

They all nodded understandingly. I got up and stepped out from the vocal practice room, walking to somewhere I hoped would be pretty deserted at this time– and luckily it was. The cafeteria. Break time was over so hopefully I would not be interupted.

 

 

Sooyoung’s POV End

 

 

***

 

 

Author’s POV

 

 

“Oppa, have you arrived in Japan? Or are you still on your way there? Though you are still angry to me, please listen to me. If the crew overworks you and makes it difficult for you difficult to rest and eat, speak up. Don’t forget to eat your meals and take breaks— a short nap at the very least. Ah, and don’t forget to eat your gongjindan. I hate seeing you getting thinner and thinner by the day.”

 

A sigh from Sooyoung accompanied a pause in the recording, before she continued.

 

“Oppa, there’s something I want to say to you through this recording. I don’t wanna call you, because I’m too afraid to talk to you directly. So I decided to send you just my voice instead.”

 

A fice second pause followed as Sungjae in his breath, listening intently and assuming from the faint background noises that Sooyoung was in a building of some sort.

 

“Oppa, I’m sorry for being so childish last night. I was just angry after someone told me about your scene with that actress. I thought about this even before it happened, and told myself I would be okay when a situation like this occured. You’re an actor, after all. But, I don’t know, now that I'm actually in this situation... I don’t know if my logic can overpower my feelings.”

 

“It’s easy to say something, but actually doing it is so hard. Oppa, you must have heard me when I cried last night. But the reason why I cried wasn't because of your drama scene. It was because of myself. Even now, I still want to cry when I think back to yesterday. I feel like I'm such a bad wife to you. We haven't even been married for an year yet, but based on my attitude it seems like I'm not following up on my promise to you to be the best wife possible. You still remember that promise, right? The one we made on the day of our marriage?"

 

“So Oppa, I’m sorry. I’m really sorry. I don't mind if you still wanna avoid me like this morning. You can be angry at me to your heart's content. I’ll be okay because... I’m a bad wife. I deserve it all. If you're able to truly forgive me then please accept my apology. After today, I promise to be a good wife to you. Wait no, I promise to be the best wife for you.”

 

Sungjae froze as he listened to the recording of his woman. He had a blank look on his face, looking as if he was daydreaming but in reality, his mind was not blank. He was simply thinking about the recording. More precisely, thinking about the sentences Sooyoung had said to him accompanied by gentle sobs.

 

Immediately afterward, the depressed state he was in was long gone. Instead it was replaced by a bunch of feelings– guilt, longing, and love.

 

 

***

 

 

After they finished rehearsing for the recording of their upcoming album, all of Red Velvet’s members decided to play at Sooyoung’s house. The idea was initiated by Wendy after they got out of the SM building. Seeing that Sooyoung’s mood was down due to her love quarrel with Sungjae, she though it would make the girl feel better to hold a dinner party at Sooyoung's house and console her in the process.

 

They left using Sooyoung’s car. Everyone was crowded due to its small size– Wendy, Yerim, and Seulgi squished in the back while Irene mocked them from the passenger's seat, annoying the other members. Meanwhile, Sooyoung was solely focused on driving, her lips forming a small smile at all the ruckus her members were making. Irene was the only one who noticed this smile. “Thank God, at least a little bit of her bad mood is gone,” she thought to herself.

 

The ride took about an hour. As expected, they got stuck in traffic; fortunately it wasn't too bad though. In 20 minutes they were able to escape. Irene, Seulgi, Wendy and Yeri immediately went out of the car and ran to the door of the house while they waited for Sooyoung to park her car in the garage. While they were alone without her, Irene told the others that she saw Sooyoung smile when they bickered. “I'm glad she was smiling, though it was a small one.”

 

“At least it was better than her 'flat' face,” Seulgi responded.

 

Yeri nodded. “Right. Honestly I felt lonely when we were practicing. My satan partner suddenly glum.”

 

Wendy cackled, “You all know I sometimes hate it when Yeri and Joy are disturbing me. But, today, I felt like the room was empty because our satan duo didn’t present themselves. It felt worse than I expected.”

 

Yerim gri

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter