Short Story : How We Met & Married

Actually Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

***

 

Sungjae’s POV

 

A few years ago, I met a girl whose hair was dyed half green. That wasn't weird for me, because many other idols dyed their hair a variety of colors. Blue, pink, yellow, purple, white, and many more. But, it was not her hair that made me notice her that day. But because that day, we accidentally came face to face, without plan talked to each other, and unconsciously, I started to like her. It was my first time liking a girl.

 

Initially my groupmates did not know that their maknae, me, was stricken with a problem— a love problem. All my hyungs did not know about my crush on a girl who also happened to be the maknae of a rookie group from SM Entertainment. But Peniel hyung was the one who soon realized that my eyes were always fixed on Sooyoung—Joy of Red Velvet, and with his joyous face he immediately notified the other BTOB members about his suspicion that I liked the tall girl who sang Happiness. And me being stupid, I actually said yes. It would've been better if they did not know, because I hadn't been aware of the teasing and horrible situations that could happen. Well, I know now.

 

And sure enough, one day, when we were at the same performance, when Sooyoung was no longer the maknae of Red Velvet, when her partly green hair had changed to the color of a strawberry, Eunkwang and Changsub hyung steathily approached Red Velvet's Wendy to ask for help so that her group could conspire with our group to put me and Sooyoung next to each other. At first, I was really annoyed with my hyungs. But knowing that it was a chance for me and Sooyoung to befriend each other, I secretly thanked them.

 

We exchanged phone numbers several days after they did that to us. And in a short time, we became close. She started to like me back and I continue to like her more and more. Then one day, Red Velvet and BTOB were performing at the same stage again. The events that happened to us an year before happened again as well. But, there was something different this time. I clumsily and shyly confessed to Joy that I liked her. And when we were backstage, I was greeted by a pleasant surprise when Sooyoung replied, "me too". Without asking her to become my girlfriend, but rather, with one peck— which once again surprisingly came from Sooyoung, on my lips– we were officially dating. Secretly, of course.

 

We were equally cautious with our relationship. We asked our members not to tempt us if we were ever at the same stage again. We controlled our desire to steal a glance and look towards each other when we performed at the same place, although we really did want to. We tried to hold our urge to go on a date together for we were afraid that there would be rumors and news about us dating. From Dispatch, of course.

 

Luckily, our relationship went unnoticed by the public. It did not rise to the surface of news. Though almost all the artists of my agency and her agency knew, they were asked to shut up and keep their attitude on anything related to me and Sooyoung. And in our second year of dating, Sooyoung came to me and asked me to come to her house so that I could meet her parents. Even though I was shy to get acquainted so early with two people that could possibly become my parents-in-law, I complied to my girl’s wish. And several months after that, I was the one asking Sooyoung to meet my parents. I was rather timorous when meeting my parents-in-law-to-be, but Sooyoung was excited.

 

The next year, when Sooyoung’s mother was celebrating her birthday, she invited me to come to their house again. They asked for just me, but just when I was about to leave, my parents and noona asked where was I going. I answered, “I’m going to Sooyoung’s house. To celebrate her mother’s birthday,” but then they demanded that I wait for them. They also wanted to go to Sooyoung’s house! Seriously, I was the one who was invited by the Park's, not them -_-

 

But the meeting between our families turned out to be a great, warm event. Mr. And Mrs. Park were really happy meeting my mom and dad, and the same thing went for my parents. And surprisingly, the four of them matched well together. Sooyoung and I were constantly being teased by our parents, my noona and Sooyoung’s little sisters, but we didn't mind.

 

“If we do become a family, I will take you fishing at my mother’s place. There are a lot of rare fish there,” Sooyoung’s father said. Mr. Park’s words made my eyes nearly pop out.

 

“Seriously, I cannot wait! I hope they can get married soon!” My father’s response made me even more pop-eyed. But it also gave me an idea. A great idea.

 

Indirectly, their conversation confirmed their approval of me and Sooyoung's relationship. It also made me remember what our seniors and juniors— the ones who knew about my relationship with Sooy

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter