First Marriage-Life Problem

Actually Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 ***

 

"Mr. Yook..." Sooyoung called with a pampered tone. This time, she was putting pressure on half of her husband's body that was still fast asleep on their mattress. There was no reaction from him, but Sooyoung maintained her position. And once again she called her hubby. "Mr. Yook..."

 

That was the second time but still, Yook Sungjae show no reaction. Sooyoung stared at him as if his eyes were open. "What else can I do..." she hissed. She made a disappointed expression.

 

Sooyoung pulled her body away from Sungjae, then sat cross-legged beside him. She let out a heavy breath before calling again to wake him up, this time with a slightly harsher tone. "Mr. Yook, if you don't wake up immediately, you won't get your kiss quota from me for two weeks!"

 

The pillowy king sized bed with the dominant red bed cover began to shake as a result of Sungjae's movement, for that was Sooyoung's powerful way of waking up her husband ever since they began sleeping together for the first time five months ago. Sungjae blinked his eyes to adjust to the light in their room, before his eyes moved to be directed towards his most beloved woman. Shortly after, a big smile graced itself on Sungjae's sleepy face.

 

"Hi, Mrs. Yook. How was your sleep?" he asked in a husky voice.

 

"Very soundly," his wife answered. She rested her back against Sungjae. "What time did you get home last night?"

 

"Around 11:30 to 12:00." Sungjae yawned as he answered Sooyoung's question.

 

"Since we got married, I never want to sleep without you. Even if it's just two hours," Sooyoung said, pouting.

 

Sungjae lifted his head to her, one of his hands moving to caress her cheek. Even with his sleepy face, an expression of guilt was plainly visible. "I'm sorry. The actress working with me is a newcomer. She made so many NG's when we were shooting so I couldn't help but come home very late."

 

Sooyoung bit her lower lip uncomfortably. Shooting meant drama. And in her mind, she always felt a bit dejected every time Sungjae was shooting one. Moreover this time, it was a melodrama with a lot of romance scenes included, and of course, Sungjae had the main role. Surely he would do many kiss scenes and other kinds of scenes that would make Sooyoung green-eyed if she saw. Hence, she had never watched the 9 episode drama. Well, there was that one time when she had accidentally stumbled upon it while flipping through channels– Love Recipes was the title– to which she had then hastily changed the television to another show while grumbling incoherently.

 

Sooyoung protested, “Look, you have become thinner these days. You often come home late and leave early in the morning. Sometimes you didn't even come home for two nights straight. I end up wasting a lot of food because you don't come to eat at home."

 

Sungjae exhaled slowly in response to her words. “I do miss your food. Even though they doesn’t have exact names.”

 

Sungjae’s words made something cross Sooyoung mind. Prior to their marriage, people had always said that if the two ever got married, they would become similar to each other. And that was exactly the case. Sooyoung wasn’t a woman who could cook; she was even ashamed and fretful of herself early on in their marriage because she didn’t know what to cook for Sungjae. But thanks to Sungjae's talent to create various food creations, Sooyoung was able to learn from him and duplicate that talent of his for herself. Though the final result would look pretty terrible most of the time, the taste was often great. Well, for the two of them at least XD. Sooyoung was the type who could easily learn from those around her, which is why she was able to have Sungjae's cooking skills passed on to her.

 

“Hey, that’s because of you," Sooyoung said, giggling. "If you weren't crazy, I wouldn’t have learned to make those freak foods.”

 

Sungjae laughed at his wife's words who smiled warmly at him. Deep in her heart Sooyoung wondered how her husband could laugh like the way he did when he was still sleepy; it was clear that Sungjae was suffering from lack of sleep yet when he laughed, he looked like he wasn't tired at all.

 

“I made a new creation last night," Sooyoung said. "But you didn't come home, so I ate that all. I thought that you would've probably ate at the shooting location.”

 

Sungjae stopped laughing, and instead began his aegyo. His eyes became bigger and he pouted his lips. “Sooyoung-ah, I’m hungry. I didn't eat anything yesterday.”

 

Sooyoung frowned, staring at him with a worried look. "Seriously?"

 

Sungjae— still doing his aegyo— nodded to Sooyoung.

 

“Didn't you have any time to buy food?”

 

Sungjae shook his head. "Not at all," he responded. "Yesterday I went to work very early and came home very late. I haven’t eaten at all because I only got time to rest once, and it was brief too.”

 

Sooyoung blew air from , before getting up and out of their bed. Followed by Sungjae’s stare, she then pulled his two hands with hers and pulled him out after her. “If I may be honest, I really do hate your drama’s crew!”

 

Author’s POV end

 

***

 

Sooyoung’s POV

 

I had planned to go shopping for grocery and buy some nice clothes for me and Sungjae Oppa, but he left me again today for his (ish) drama. After breakfast, he took a bath and went to work again. I bet that he would come back late like always.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter