Not Replied

Actually Married
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

***

 

After Sooyoung sent the recording to Sungjae she hoped her husband would contacted her at least a few hours after it. Or the day after it. But, when Sooyoung just knew it was already Saturday, she became sad again like on Monday they fought at their living room. She just cried when she was driving. Was it too severe until Sungjae hasn’t reply it? Was Sungjae too angry with her until he hasn’t reply it? Thereabouts three times Sooyoung regretted her act for blaming her husband that night. Although after that, she would thought about it again, was it so wrong for her to disappointed with him? Because in the other side, she felt like she had been acting too childish when she should gave response with adult attitude. But she also felt entitled to angry because of Sungjae’s deed which wasn’t forthright. She’s his wife! She should knew about his work!

 

She felt right because she’s his wife. But she also felt brash as she realized their connection became worser after it—even still getting worse since Sungjae didn’t give her response after her apology through recording. She was afraid to prescribe what was right and wrong of them. She had consulted with her friends who were deemed to give her their opinions and solutions. Unfortunately, they could only gave her their ‘tranquilizers’ words because they haven’t experience it. They haven’t married. She had ever decided to tell this story to her parents and in-laws. But, her imagination showed her the scene when they were mocking her with “It’s only five months and you guys have fight?”. It made her changed her mind. She didn’t want to see their angry face. Like, come on, Park’s daughters were gems for their parents. And Mieun—Sungjae’s sister—had said to her that she was her parent’s beloved daughter-in-law (well, actually it’s because Sooyoung was the only daughter-in-law in Yook’s family, Mieun hasn’t married). Of course, Sooyoung didn’t want to disappoint her parents or lose the predicate of ‘beloved daughter-in-laws’.

 

Since they officially married, her mother-in-law always phoned her at least three times per day. Asking how her son and daughter-in-law’s were. And for these several days, thanks to the problems which was arising in their new family, Sooyoung always felt afraid when the call was coming. She felt afraid to answer her mother-in-law’s questions. Her tone when she was speaking sounded like an interrogators in Sooyoung’s ears—though when she loud-speakered it, Yerim and Seulgi opined that Sungjae’s mother was asking Sooyoung with soft tone that was full of love.

 

“I think, she spoke with soft tone.” Seulgi said.

 

“And full of love from the mother-in-law to her daughter-in-law.” Yerim added.

 

Only God knew what’s inside her mind even after hearing the opinions from her two bestfriend. But, when all of sudden, Mrs. Yook called her again, Sooyoung would reflexively shoted, “AH, I DON’T WANNA PICK IT UP!”

 

Then Irene would looked at her teammate with a strange look, and told her, “You’re overreacting, Joy.”

 

When Mrs. Yook asked her, “How are you two? You both are fine, right?”, Sooyoung felt like a liar because she would answered her with the answers that didn’t correspond to the current reality. Well, she hoped, if Mrs. Yook did also called Sungjae, he would did the same thing as Sooyoung. Lying by saying everything was alright.

 

“Call him later! Tell him to eat and consume his gongjindan while he works there. He looks skinny lately.” Sooyoung could just answered with small laugh and saying, “Yes, Eomma.”. Although inside her heart, she actually wanted to whine to her mother-in-law that she couldn’t make a call with her husband right now. She just didn’t have any bravery to do so. Either because of too busy in Japan or he indeed still angry with Sooyoung, Sungjae didn’t pick the phone up on his first and second day there. Made Sooyoung hesitated to call him again on the third day until today. However, she still managed to send him messages. Reminded him not to skip his meal and the traditional medicine when he was working—just like what his mom said.

 

A few days ago, Irene and Seulgi had tried to calm her down by saying that her husband was probably super busy and maybe that’s why he couldn’t pick up when she called him nor replied her messages. Sadly, the pity that could be seen by Sooyoung on their faces precisely made her more doubtless that the reason why Sungjae didn’t contact her was because he was still angry.

 

Meantime, their comeback schedule was estimated to be happen about four or five months ahead. So it wouldn’t be too worried for her. Plus, their choreographer—Sohee who was like her own sister, could understand the gesture and mood of her when they were practicing. “You’ll make up soon. Just wait until he comes back.”, that’s Sohee’s remark for calm Sooyoung.

 

“Everytime I see you with him, I can see so much love from the way he gazes at you, touch you and speaks to you, Sooyoung-ah”. Sohee added. It succeded to make Sooyoung dropped her tears.

 

That day, Sooyoung spent most of her time at the practicing room. With other Red Velvet members, they practiced singing twelve new songs for their upcoming album. Their practice, this time, was so much intensive than their previous practices. Because they had been practicing with the composer. Several days ago, they decided to practice for their special performance in an award show which would be happened next month. Their composer, all of a sudden, became busy for another artists whose schedule would be happened earlier than Red Velvet. That day, Sooyoung could put her concentration in the practicing room. Thanks to Sohee for saying those magical remark to Sooyoung yesterday. And for her members who didn’t moot about her household problem anymore. Maybe because they were thinking, Sooyoung should be Joy for now. Knowing that their comeback would be come off soon.

 

When they went to the cafeteria, Sooyoung could laughed off because of the joke thrown by Yerim and Wendy. And the best thing was, Sooyoung also contributed her gag : which was about in one night, she found a pack of adult diapers in the cupboard which usually be used to store goods shopping! She was just realized, when she was angry with Sungjae—because of that scene—she put everything she could reached in the shopping chart. The four members immediately shrieked with laughter after Sooyoung told them. The feel of the cafeteria became so slam-bang just because of those five girls.

 

Together with her friends made her mood better. For some time of course, before Sungjae really forgive her. Sooyoung was kind of person who often incured of mood swing. Yes, just like her Taeyeon sunbae. She could suddenly be happy or blue. She could suddenly forget of something and thinking about another thing for temporary when there was something that could distracted her.

 

***

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter