Chapter 6

It was never just a dream

 

After many years of great success, F.T. Island decided to settle down. Leaving the limelight was the biggest decision that each member made. The fame that they had across Asia and even the world was hard to let go. But they are growing old and they wanted to have a peaceful life in private. They decided to have their farewell concert in Japan, where they are greatly loved.

The whole crew flew to Japan. Everyone felt happiness and sadness because this maybe the last day that they could be together. The crew was busy unpacking and preparing the venue while the band was rehearsing in their music room. KC and Cy was talking about the preparations when KC changed the conversation.

“Cy, why do you think the gang wanted to go?” KC asked with great curiosity.

“I don’t even know. Maybe they wanted to have a break.” Cy replied.

In a few minutes, the show will start. Everybody gathered at the backstage and prayed. The band goes to their positions. KC and Cy were already going to their position.

“Cy, it’s been ten years that me and Jaejin are together. I hope he would propose to me already.” KC said while they were walking.

KC and Cy were with the audience watching the boys. Their fans were holding their banners and pentasticks while shouting the band’s name.

“Japan had a big part for the group.” Cy told KC.

“They really touched the hearts of every Japanese girl.” KC replied.

Then it was the start of the concert.

 

“There is no turning back. Here they are. F.T. Island!”

 

There were louder shouts from the girls. The band played their first single, F.T. Island. After the opening act, Hongki took the mic.

“Annyeong!” Hongki warmly greeted their fans. The others were quietly standing behind him, waving back to their fans.

“I and my friends don’t want to call this a farewell concert. We are just saying goodbye for now because we want to focus on our individual lives. We are not disbanding. We are still F.T. Island.” Hongki explained.

“Yes. We would give you this night of happiness to thank you for the years you have been with us.” Jonghun followed.

Minhwan started to count with his sticks and the band rocked the stage. They have played numerous songs from their first album to their last album.

They were about to sing the final song when the producer called Cy and KC to their station.

“Ask the security to let you go in front of the stage, before the barriers.” The producer commanded.

“But why?” Cy asked.

“No more asking! JUST GO!” The producer insisted.

Immediately, the two pretty ladies went to the place where they were asked to go. Confused, they just stood there and looked at the boys. Jaejin looked at KC while Jonghun winked at Cy.

“Okay. Now, we have been to the last part of our concert. Since Jaejin can’t do this… I would be doing this with him… Jaejin, let’s do this!” Jonghun exclaimed.

Jaejin took a deep breath. The spotlights focused on KC and Cy.

"KC and Cy. Let's have a play. Me and Jonghun will be Mr. Choi and Mr. Lee, and you two will be Mrs. Choi and Mrs. Lee." Jaejin said.

KC and Cy still can’t get it. They are still comprehending on what Jaejin had said when Minhwan asked.

 

“Until when are you going to play this game?”

"FOREVER. They will be getting married tomorrow” Hongki replied.

 

Their girl fans were screaming, some of them were crying, and some are congratulating them.

Seunghyun, Minhwan, and Hongki started playing the song Marry Me by the Train.

“Congratulations to you guys…” Hongki said.

He started singing… Jaejin and Jonghun got off the stage and went to KC and Cy.

 

“Forever can never be long enough for me

Feel like I've had long enough with you

Forget the world now, we won't let them see

But there's one thing left to do

Now that the weight has lifted

Love has surely shifted my way

Marry me today and every day

Marry me if I ever get the nerve to say hello in this cafe

Say you will, say you will…”

 

Seunghyun played the lead and Hongki stopped to let the boys do their thing…

 

Jaejin knelt down in front of KC and so is Jonghun to Cy. They both took a box from their pockets and showed their promise rings.

 

“Marry me, and my promise to keep you mine will be forever.” Jaejin said.

“Marry me, and my heart would be one with yours.” Jonghun said.

 

Hongki started singing again…

 

“Together can never be close enough for me

Feel like I am close enough to you

You wear white and I'll wear out the words I love you

And you're beautiful

Now that the wait is over

And love and has finally shown her my way

Marry me today and every day

Marry me if I ever get the nerve to say hello in this cafe

Say you will, say you will”

 

Hongki stopped again…

 

KC and Cy looked at each other, both of them are teary eyed.

“Hunny, I would rather spend a million forevers with you than with other guys. I accept it.” KC said.

“Babe, my heart would always be one with yours and will never be separated. Forever.” Cy said.

The couples wore their promise rings to each other. The couples kissed while there were fireworks glowing in the stage. They hugged each other while watching Hongki. Hongki continued singing.

“Promise me you'll always be happy by my side

I promise to sing to you when all the music dies

And marry me today and everyday

Marry me if I ever get the nerve to say hello in this cafe

Say you will, say you will marry me”

 

“Congratulations to KC and Jaejin, and Jonghun and Cynarra! We wish you a happy marriage!” Hongki exclaimed.

“Thank you for supporting us through the years and our proposal.” Jonghun thanked their fans and hugged Cynarra.

“Forever…” The only word that Jaejin uttered while looking at KC.