15 minutes

Disunited Souls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

Please share your opinions in the comment section <333

___________________________________________________________________________________________________

I'm waiting in Taehyung's living room for the ambulance to arrive. Taehyung stormed out of his place around 5 minutes ago, without his mobile phone. Every second was elongated in my head as he was not returning. 5 minutes isn't much but enough to make me worried sick.

 

I take a glance at my watch. It's exactly 00:32 in the morning. I'm exhausted and probably look like I'm dead. I walk towards the kitchen to get some ice for Jimin. He is conscious but doesn't say a word. He probably is worried: just lost his closest friend. Why did Taehyung think I'm with Jimin? It's definitely not the first time I turned up on his doorstep with Jimin. He knew perfectly we are just best friends...

 

A wave of nostalgia runs through my head as I enter the well-known kitchen. In my head was a picture of when I was cooking Taehyung's favourite meal. He silently came in and slithered his arms around my waist to back hug me. I sunk in his warmth and affection. I wanted to stay like that.

 

Now all I can do is recall; recall all the times we spent together...

 

The bizarre thing is that I have no tears to cry anymore. I'm not hungry. I've lost all my senses.

 

I'm dying.

 

I didn't know it would come this quick. I'm dying from loneliness and the desire to get Taehyung back.

 

I walk back lifelessly to Jimin, with a cloth containing ice. I squat beside him and touch his swelled up injury. It's my entire fault. Why do I keep doing this to everyone?

 

"Jimin, are you okay?" I said while examining his wound. He occasionally hissed in agony as the frigid temperature hit his swelled up cheek.

 

"Krystal, I'm so sorry" His voice began to quiver. I'm at blame in this situation yet I'm getting apologise from him. This is incorrect.

 

"Why are you apologising?" I sigh. "Please don't" I shiver at the touch of the ice.

 

"I'll do it" He gently smiles.

 

I don't respond. Instead, I do it myself. I can't be more in debt to him than I am now.

 

Before I answer, the ambulance has arrived and a few paramedics arrive at my and Taehyung's- I mean Taehyung's doorstep. They picked him up gently and guided him to the ambulance.

 

"Jimin, should I go with you?" I ask.  I won't lie that I was very eager to stay with Jimin. Taehyung's all that there is on my mind.

 

"No, it's fine. I can go by myself" He smiles sincerely. A slight wave of alleviation runs through me. I did feel like a completely ignorant person towards Jimin, but I really renounce the fact that Taehyung could do something that could harm him...

 

"Ok take care! I'll see you later" I wave my hand until they close the two substantial doors.

 

Yes, I did feel solicitous for Jimin especially because it's my fault that he was suffering. But so was Taehyung...

 

15 minutes.

 

I take several layers; coats cardigan. Some of them weren't mine. I could tell it was Taehyung's even in the darkness. He had a distinctive fragrance; a fresh, crisp invigorating pine tree scent. The perfume Taehyung emits was able to stab my soul. I won't be able to smell his scent anymore. It's like the scent was alive, punishing me for leaving him.

 

I wore my shoes and headed out without a specific or designated destination; I just had to find him. 

 

I wondered around the city, frequently shouting out his name. I was the only one on the street. Being alone makes me anxious.

 

I search streets, shops. Nothing...

 

I'm agitated. I just want to hug him and say I was pulling a prank. I'm yearning for it to be like it used to be where I had no problems. Maybe I used to have just a few disputes with Tae about who loves each other more. Yes very cringe-worthy. But we were just 18... No problems, no care in the world. We would continue to stay up till late, watching movies and if they were tedious, we would make out. I would take him bikini shopping in the summer, but he would be irked with my persnickety personality. He would force me to play Fifa 2013 with him. I would refuse at first but then once the games start; I would be just as competitive at him. We would continue to take walks to our favourite place

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter