Penitence

Disunited Souls
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

  

A/N: I hope you all enjoy this chapter xx Please don't be a silent reader and instead tell me what you liked and what I could do better. It's the only way I can improve to make my readers satisfied :D

 Above is the song I recommend you to listen to while reading my story xx It really gets you in the mood for Angst. Just click the play button and you're good to go XD

Thanks, everyone and please enjoy <33

_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

"Krystal, please! Just this once, I can't stand seeing Taehyung like this anymore!! Please...  He hasn't come out of his room for 2 whole days, without any food or anything. Aren't you, at least, a little concerned?" Jungkook said while trembling. I was aware of how worried he must have been... But no, I cannot do this anymore. I promised to forget Taehyung. 
"I can't Jungkook. I just can't" I said nearly on the verge of crying. It's been more than a week since I broke up with Taehyung.  

 I've never been so deprived of happiness and life. I was contempt that I was starving myself, avoided taking showers and going to sleep.  I didn't even realise it. My mind was constantly occupied by Taehyung and our indelible moments as I never entertained the thought that one day, we will be broken, separated. He probably hates me and despises me. That's what I'm so unsettled and agitated about; he hates me and I deserve it...

~ flashback ~ 

“Krystal, are you ready for our date tonight?" Taehyung said while skipping, approaching me with a large grin plastered on his handsome face. 

I took the initiative to finally say the words I've been dreading to utter for at least 2 months. I was only hurting him by prolonging what I'm going to say. The faster I say it, the more time he has to get over me.

"Taehyung," I take a deep breath before I completely collapse, "can we talk?"

His smile; it slightly disappears. My hands starting trembling uncontrollably. Pushing my hands under my thighs as I sit down, I took yet another loud, full breath.

Taehyung began piercing me with his eyes, probably with the intention to decipher what the reason is for me to act this way. I tried setting my eyes at any interesting object that has the ability to change the daunting subject. My conscience told that I can't escape this anymore. It has already been taunting me so much that not even Taehyung can make me take my mind off of it; he actually makes it worse.

The atmosphere becomes colder with every second of silence. For Taehyung, it must have been awkward, but for me it was soothing. I was wistful for it to always be like this...

"Taehyung," I pause and let a tear make its way down my cheek, "I'm breaking up with... you"

I thought that once I would say these words, I would lift a huge weight off, but it indeed just made me shatter inside seeing his face slowly  becomes disheartened, saturated from his silent tears. I wanted to wake up from this dream, to turn to the other side of the bed and see Taehyung peacefully sleeping while slightly snoring. I would then plaster a goofy grin on my face and proceed to peck his cheek. Just like before this nightmare started. 

I could live the life as Taehyung's girlfriend, maybe a wife later on...

But now, I realise; I can't take back what I said. I can't rewind back time. Now, everything that I touch, see and smell will be reminiscent of Taehyung. 

As long as he is contented and carefree, I can live the rest of my life, knowing that he isn't suffering... like me.

“Please forget about me. I have feelings for someone else." I had to force and cough these words out. I continued looking at the floor as I was in fear of completely shattering in front of him. I might even run back to him and injure him mentally even more.


"Krystal please tell me you're joking and you're just pulling a prank on me," he said softly, I was scared of him despising me. Maybe if I got the chance to resolve everything, I can come back. Maybe he would accept me...

I began tracing our memories from the day he confessed, till this moment now. I am forever indebted to him. If it wasn't for him, I would be living on antidepressant tablets and still mourning for my mother's d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter