Chapter 1

Ink Heart
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

chapter one ; 10 years later

    Eunmi shivered as she walked outside of the small cafe, the bitter cold slapping her in the face leaving a lovely red tint on her cheeks in its place. She never understood how someone could like Winter. It was too cold to do anything fun outside without freezing and turning into a popsicle, it rained and snowed too much, it's just horrible. Eunmi never wanted to go back home this much in her life and the fact that the mall she was supposed to meet her friend at was twenty minutes away, made her feel even worse. 

   "I hate winter," Eunmi muttered to herself as she reluctantly took her gloved hands out of her pockets to cover more of her face with her scarf. Oh how she wished she was back inside the cafe, basking in the warmth that it provided her. 

   Eunmi scowled as she walked passed dozens of couples on the streets. Watching them with envy as they laughed and held hands, love clearly visible in their eyes when they looked at eachother. 

  "Soulmate," Eunmi mumbled to herself as she tore her gaze away from the couples out on the streets, "you're a loser and you always get hurt. I want to meet you already." Pouting, Eunmi shook her head and nuzzled her face further into her scarf, trying to get as much heat from it as she could. She sighed in content as she walked into the mall, the warm air surrounding her making her smile. The sweet scent of cinnabons and sugar cookies from the nearby food place entered her nostrils and made water. 

  "Mimi!" A familiar voice shouted from not too far away from Eunmi and she turned around, her long black ha

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter