Chapter 2

The Best Gift

 

Another update! Thank you so much subscribers and for the comment~ I'm sorry if there are any grammar errors. Hope you enjoy! Please subscribe, comment, and upvote! 

 


 

Now Taehyung and Joohyun were far away, leaving Jongin behind, baffled. 

 

"Kim Taehyung! You said you weren't coming!" 

 

"Yeah I wasn't going to. But you were there when I was passing by, so I decided to be nice and save you once again."

 

"Ha. Ha. Thanks "boyfriend" Taetae," Joohyun replied sarcastically.

 

"That's it?" he asked, raising his eyebrows.

 

"Fine. Let's get some ice cream! My treat!" 

 

They have been friends since they were in second grade until now as Juniors. When they were little, Taehyung was the bright and loud one whereas Joohyun, not so much. She was a shy little new girl that no one talked to. 

 

Until one day…

 

Little second grader Taehyung was walking home from school. On the way, he saw a girl on a swing in the playground near his house. She was the new girl in his class.

 

"Hi?," Taehyung softly called out.

 

Little Joohyun lifted her head and her eyes landed on him.

 

"Aren't you the new girl in our class? What's your name?"

 

She was very surprised that someone talked to her. 

 

"I.. I'm Seo Joohyun..," she shyly spoke.

 

"Joohyun? I'm Taehyung!" he replied with a wide cheeky smile.

 

"H..Hi Tae…taehyung"

 

"Tae..tae? Taetae? I like that name!" 

 

The girl smiled at his randomness

 

"Uh? You smiled! That's a first!" 

 

Taehyung was the first person to crack open the shell Joohyun put herself in.

 

Ever since then, they got closer and they spent majority of their time with each other. Taehyung was always made fun of because he was always hanging out with a girl and not other boys. Yet, he didn't care and was always there with Joohyun. Joohyun didn't have much close friends except Taehyung and his older brother Jin. 

 

"Hey Joohyun you promised to check my essay!"

 

"Wait, I have to go to piano lesson!"

 

"Oh fine. Come straight to my house after that, okay?" 

 

"Okay"

 

Taehyung worked on his homework diligently while waiting for Joohyun to come. He does it to avoid Joohyun's nagging. He constantly checked his watch, waiting for the hour to pass. Then came loud sound of rain pouring. Taehyung looked out the window, sighed, and went out the house with an umbrella. 

 

Joohyun just finished and came out of the building. The rain was pouring and she had no umbrella. 

 

"Dang it! Should I run..? No, Taehyung's house is too far…" Joohyun talked to herself, not knowing what to do.

 

Then she saw a familiar figure.

 

"Taetae?"

 

"I knew you'd be stuck in the rain. Here, hold this," Taehyung said as he handed the umbrella to her.

 

"You only brought one umbrella?"

 

Then he took off his jacket and put it over Joohyun's shoulders.

 

"Wear this. We'll still get wet."

 

"Oh thanks! But what about you?" 

 

"I'm fine." 

 

Taehyung took the umbrella back and Joohyun put on the oversized jacket. His smell somehow made her feel more comfortable.

 

"Let's go!" Joohyun said.

 

The two of them walked together laughing and talking casually. They were inseparable.