Chapter 1

The Best Gift

 

"Taetae! I promise you! This will be the last one!"

 

"Joo, you used that so many times. This is like the tenth last time."

 

"Fine. You don't have to come if you really want me to date that guy," the girl said and walked away.

 

Joohyun was forced into going to a blind date by her mom who is desperate for Joohyun to get a boyfriend. So, again, Joohyun reluctantly went to a cafe where she was to meet this guy that she doesn't even know. 

 

"Excuse me, are you Seo Joohyun?" a tall, tanned guy walked up to her who was sitting down in the corner of the cafe, wishing that the guy wouldn't be able to find her.

 

With an awkward smile, she said, "hello, nice to meet you."

 

Taking a seat in front of her, he introduced himself, "I'm Kim Jongin. You're very pretty."

 

A typical flirty playboy. The type of guys Joohyun hates the most. 

 

They had a light conversation. Joohyun didn't speak much, not wanting to tell him too much about her. 

 

After an hour or so, Joohyun looked at her phone and said, "I'm sorry, but I have an appointment so I have to go."

 

"Already? If it's not too important, let's eat dinner together!" the guy suggested.

 

Giving him an uncomfortable smile, she opened , "Uhhh…"

 

"It's important." Someone butted in.

 

Both Jongin and Joohyun turned at the same time.

 

"Taehyung..?" Joohyun was confused.

 

"Let's go," Taehyung said as he grabbed her wrist and pulled her.

 

"Wait. Who are you to interfere?" Jongin said, stopping the two.

 

"Me? Her boyfriend," he coldly responded and walked out with Joohyun.