Chapter 3

The Best Gift

 

"Joohyun I think I bombed that test!" 

 

"I told you to study and you didn't! So you deserve it."

 

"Yah Seo Joohyun, you're so mean. How can you talk to me like that."

 

It was when they were freshmen. Taehyung and Joohyun were going home from school talking about their day as always, not knowing what's ahead of them. 

 

"Wait, did I bring my phone?" said Joohyun as she searched through her bag in front of the crosswalk.

 

"Joo, don't stop! It's green light! Hurry!" Taehyung rushed to get across the road as the light was near to turning red.

 

"Oh, it's here. Wait Taehyung!"

 

As soon as Joohyun ran across the road after Taehyung, the lights turned red and a car came right at her and Joohyun ended up a meter from the car, unconscious. Taehyung who already reached the other end of the road waiting for her, saw that. 

 

"No.. No... No Joohyun!!!" Taehyung came running at Joohyun who was on the ground, bleeding and unconscious. 

 

People soon crowded over this scene and they called the ambulence. Taehyung was just in tears holding Joohyun's motionless body.

 

"Please wake up Joohyun...," sobbed Taehyung who was covered in blood. 

 

Soon, the ambulence came and took Joohyun to the emergency room.  Taehyung waited in anxiety and felt so guilty for not looking out for Joohyun. Joohyun, thankfully, didn't have any internal injuries. She broke her arm and had cut her head pretty badly. 

 

"She's fine. She passed out from shock, but she will be waking up soon, so don't worry too much. When she wakes up, we'll do more checkup," doctor informed her Taehyung.

 

Taehyung sat on a stool next to the bed where Joohyun was lying down and waited for her to wake up, holding her hand tightly. 

 

"Please, Joohyun. Wake up... Please," mumbled Taehyung.

 

Minutes passed and it felt like hours to Taehyung. Suddenly, Taehyung sensed some movement. Joohyun was squirming and turning, having a painful look on her face.

 

"Joohyun, are you okay? I'm here. Wake up!"

 

Then, Joohyun opened her eyes, panting. She turned and saw Taehyung. She then smiled and released a sigh of relief.

 

"Joo!"

 

"Tae.." she barely made the sound.

 

"Wait, I'll get the doctor!"

 

Taehyung was about to leave then Joohyun grabbed him and said, "Tae, don't leave me."

 

"Joo.." Taehyung sat back down and continued, "I won't. I'm so sorry. I won't ever leave you again."

 

Joohyun gave him a weak smile. 

 

"Promise?" Joohyun asked as she raised her pinky finger.

 

"I promise," Taehyung replied in confidence and made a pinky promise.

 

From then on, Taehyung became a more responsible person, especially when it came to Joohyun. 

 

"Joohyun~" 

 

"How come you're up earlier than I am?" 

 

It was a week after this accident. Before then, Joohyun would come wake Taehyung up and almost dragged him to school, but now, Taehyung is in front of Joohyun's house, waiting for her.

 

"Just hurry up! I've been waiting for 5 minutes!"

 

"Hah! Do you know how long I wait for you every morning! At least 15 minutes! This is nothing compared to that!" Joohyun argued as she slowlywalked out of her house. 

 

She had cast on her arm, an arm sling, and a bandage on side of her forehead. Taehyung had never cried that much in his life. The memory of that day, that moment was so clear to him and it traumatized him. Knowing this, Joohyun tried her hardest to show her bright side as much as possible.

 

"Joohyun~, I missed you! Are you okay?" Jimin came at her for a hug as soon as Joohyun and Taehyung got to school.

 

"Hey, stop," Taehyung said as he blocked Jimin from getting to her.

 

"I'm fine Jimin! It's just my arm haha" Joohyun said as she showed him her cast

 

"Don't go too near her. She is still recovering, Jimin," Taehyung said sternly.

 

Joohyun just laughed quietly at Taehyung's overprotective action.

 

Now it's been two years since this accident. Taehyung was still the protective friend. He was just thankful that Joohyun didn't get seriously injured through that accident and that she is still with him. 

 


  

I meant to update soon, but sorry! It took longer than I thought it would. I hope you enjoy this chapter! Next chapter is probably the end :( But thank you for subscribing, commentings, and upvoting! :)